Zoologist Rhinoceros by Chiseled Face

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by bscarpenter, Apr 6, 2017.

1. bscarpenter

bscarpenter Well-Known Member

Got an unopened container of this soap from a member in the mail last night and had to try it out this morning. First, it came in a heavy glass jar with some pretty nice artwork. The scent of this soap cannot be judged by smelling it in the jar. The scent in the jar is a VERY concentrated version of what the actual lather smells like. I figured with a name like Rhinoceros, I needed to lather it with the biggest boar brush that I own (Omega 10098). I loaded up the big boar and moved over to my suribachi bowl to lather. This resulted in a TON of lather. Enough for a full body 3 pass shave (sorry for the visual, but you get it). The lather was as slick as any and had more cushion than most which made for one of the best lathers that I've . I cannot compare it to any other Chiseled Face as this is my 1st. The scent was AWESOME! Think... sipping some aged rum next to a lit pipe while in the back store room of a leather store. The more I let the odor waft around, the more I started thinking of ordering the Parfum, but it ain't cheap so I might just think a little more on it.
    [​IMG]

Bobcat and nikonNUT like this.
  2. nikonNUT

nikonNUT Well-Known Member

Good stuff indeed! I've got a bottle of the parfum waiting on me at the house!:happy093:

Bobcat likes this.