Wyatt Earp Straight Razor Set?

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by JBSharp, Feb 25, 2016.

1. JBSharp

JBSharp Well-Known Member

Juts found this on my local craigslist site:
    "Wyatt Earp's Days of the Week Razor Set
    Description
    In a fitted case marked with letters for days of the week. Bone folding razors each with the name Wyatt Earp. Each razor by Hall Bradford with the day of the week marked on the blade. Outside of the case has worn gold letters that say Wyatt Earp. 8" x 4" x 1 1/2.
    Serious Inquiries Only"
    00303_jfBg8lgf76F_600x450.jpg
    00303_epNHp9Fmeiy_600x450.jpg

What the what? I'm thinking it's surely some kind of TV or movie-related promotional item, but can't dig anything up. Googling turns up the exact same photos in a www.liveauctioneers.com auction from July 2013 (here) and a post on the B&B forum about that auction. I've contacted the seller for info but haven't heard back yet. Anyone have a clue about this?

Keithmax likes this.
  2. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

The fact that there isn't a price listed is one flag to me. I searched the entire listing text, and got several returns. Image search did the same. I would be very surprised if this is a real listing, rather than a bot trying to pull email addresses for spam.
    That said, cool set. If the listing is real, I hope you get it for cheap and share pictures.

Keithmax likes this.
  3. JBSharp

You may be right, but what did you find? Other than the two hits I mentioned, all I see are two prior listings in the same city, October and December of last year. It's just very curious.

4. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

I found one listing in 2013 in NY, NY. Might have been a repost of the previous auction. I copied the exact text of the ad to search. I am more suspicious and cynical on Craiglist posts than anything on the internet, so I might just be paranoid.

Could be a very cool set, but no way to tell if the razors are usable. It would be cool to shave with something that Wyatt Earp used.

JBSharp likes this.
  5. pundi64

pundi64 Well-Known Member

Very cool if real set for sale, but sounds like everyone has their doubts about it

JBSharp likes this.
  6. JBSharp

I know, the whole thing's just bizarre. And the fact that it randomly turned up on Craigslist, of all places. Still haven't heard from the seller, so it must be bogus.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  7. IDuck

IDuck Well-Known Member

there is the EXACT same set at a antique store by me, every time I go there I just stare at it...it is a really cool set but is VERY expensive.

Bird Lives likes this.
  8. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Opps......two sets of Wyatt Earp's razors.......Wyatt was an industrious cat....maybe he endorsed sets to make a dollar....

lradke likes this.
  9. pundi64

pundi64 Well-Known Member

How many razors did old Wyatt need anyway, if there are several of these sets at different stores.:angry021:

10. ob1page

ob1page Frozen in Phoenix

Very cool if it is real. I saw this on Etsy last night:[​IMG]

JBSharp likes this.
  11. IDuck

IDuck Well-Known Member

yeah not that much though...I think its like $400 and is in very very good condition

12. JBSharp

WELL. I just got a reply from the seller:
    Apart from the general INSANITY of that asking price, that jibes with the existence of the previous auction listing. Can't imagine selling such an item on Craigslist, though.

ob1page likes this.
  13. ob1page

That is crazy, unless this was owned by Wyatt himself I can't see paying that, even if it is really cool

14. JBSharp

As far as I can tell, that's exactly the claim, according to documentation from the previous auction. Agree with you on the price, though.

ob1page likes this.
  15. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

I think this is his straight razor...in Tombstone I believe:

[​IMG]

ob1page likes this.
  16. ob1page

If only I'd won that billion dollar lottery...

17. JBSharp

I've seen that one, too. Not sure what to make of all this. It's not unreasonable for him to have had more than one razor in his life, and the box set (if authentic) might have been a gift. Think about those shaving cream/after shave/deodorant combos you see on countless department store end caps every Christmas. No one buys those things for themselves, but plenty of them sell. Of course that Stetson for Men gift set won't likely ever be worth $16 grand, either.

ob1page and lradke like this.