The Haul: February 2016

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by Marverel, Feb 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mustache

Mustache Well-Known Member

Mine just arrived also!!!
    [​IMG]

2. Ceferguson

Ceferguson Well-Known Member

Same chrome special. That was a good deal and I was very I,pressed in how they packed the box did you notice as well?

3. Mustache

Yes, same deal from Grooming Lounge. Very well packed, and a couple free samples.

I should have waited a couple more hours to shave! You know what I'll be using tomorrow though.

RaZorBurn123, Robyflexx and Jorvaljr like this.
  4. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I was going to ask....... And then I forgot....:happy068:

theFAT98 likes this.
  5. RaZorBurn123

Beautiful! I missed out on the Futur. Enjoy!!

Ceferguson, Jorvaljr and Robyflexx like this.
  6. RaZorBurn123

Awesome! The travel kit is fabulous! Old school. Your Schick L1 is very clean, plenty of blades. Good2go! :happy088:

7. RaZorBurn123

You guys are killing me with your beautiful new shiny Futur's ;) enjoy!
    Yes. I'm jealous... :)

Jim99, macaronus, Ceferguson and 3 others like this.
  8. Mustache

I will admit, I was hoping for the brushed finish to be on sale. But I'm not complaining.

9. theFAT98

theFAT98 Well-Known Member

Haha yea i just keep a paper towel to sit blades and my razor after i shave. Ill let them build up and then but them in a tin container i have.

Mostly just being lazy.

Robyflexx, RaZorBurn123 and Jorvaljr like this.
  10. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

:thanks:Stunning She is..:love055:

Billy..:chores016:

Robyflexx likes this.
  11. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

:thanks:Kind Sir..:eatdrink047:

Billy..:chores016:

macaronus and Robyflexx like this.
  12. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Got my ebay blade dispenser lot in, anyone know if the Fay's dispenser can be refilled ? (I think these are rebranded Personnas) :
    2016-02-25 12.10.11.jpg
    The Plastic on the back of the blue blade dispenser is melted which is kind of a bummer:
    2016-02-25 12.10.44.jpg

This is a scary little razor, small plastic handle and the head is stamped metal with more play in it then you would think possible. Ill probably PIF it or toss it IDK. and the box is full of used blue blades:
    2016-02-25 12.11.09.jpg
    The three other razors that came in the lot, I was kinda disappointed that the Trac II didnt have a replaceable head:
    2016-02-25 12.11.38.jpg
    The Eversharp has a small crack in the handle and a lot of gunk that needs to be cleaned out of it, Also the metal is more of a copper color then in the pic. Does that mean that the plating has worn off or it just needs to be cleaned? Anyone know of a good guide to cleaning these up ? BTY it does still have an old blade in it too:
    2016-02-25 12.12.18.jpg
    Lastly the Gem Open Comb, the door doesn't open or close and the knob is very stiff. Any guidance on fixing this one will also be greatly appreciated:
    2016-02-25 12.12.36.jpg

13. Mustache

Not sure about the blade dispenser or the first razor, but a good cleaning of hot soapy water would be good, of course. I have only found a couple razors that didn't have a blade still in them. Just be careful removing it and toss it. As for the OC, first do a good soap soak and work the knob carefully. Then apply some penetrating oil and let it soak in, working it untill it frees up. Just do not take pliers to it. I have a '40's SS that the doors were stuck on and the prior owner marred the knurling on the handle with pliers. I soaked it then let it sit for about 10 min with oil and was able o free it up with my fingers.

Awesome haul! Lots of cool stuff.

preidy, Jim99, macaronus and 3 others like this.
  14. Mustache

Mail man dropped off my last item I was waiting on from eBay. I've never used either of these and I see alot of people using these items on here. When the price is right, I buy. Both items are full/unused and I got them bought and shipped for less than normal retail.

I can't place the scent profile of the Tabac though.... How do you describe it? I thought, from the name, it would smell like tobacco. Maybe it does, like smoke/ash. It smells like old OLD AVON to me. I even opened all my AVON bottles trying to place the scent.
    [​IMG]

15. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Mamma mia - such a beautiful Haul from my friends Joseph and Michael at Italian Barber!

1x Razorock Plissoft 26 mm Synthetic
    1x Razorock Don Marco SS
    1x Folsom & Company Black Powder AS (smells magnifico!)

I think I'll use these three beauties tomorrow for my shave! ;)

DSC_1341_large.jpg rrdonmarcosoapamazon_1024x1024.jpg folsomblack_1024x1024.jpg

16. RaZorBurn123

FantasticO! Jeff, I love F&C's Black Powder! I can see you adding the other 4 bottles. Watch out for that synthetic! You might not put it down:)

preidy, clint64, Hodge and 3 others like this.
  17. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Thanks Kerry!

I'm so pumped to use it tomorrow! :bounce015: :happy093::happy093:

Robyflexx and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  18. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

I have just got my eBay packages!!
    Package 1
    image.jpeg
    These blades are different they have two different edges
    image.jpeg

This gem seems to be NOS? All 5 blades are still in paper wrapping in the box.
    image.jpeg

I'm not sure about this razor.. Anyone have ideas?
    image.jpeg

Rolls razor came with 2 blades but no handle :/
    image.jpeg
    Plating loss on the stropping handle
    image.jpeg

Package 2
    I believe one dispenser is vintage and the other is newish... Both have unused blades in them. I don't anything about brushes...
    image.jpeg

19. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

I had a sample of that once. It's a sweet kind of cherry almond scent. Along the lines of cella but with some mint.

Misphit, Robyflexx and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  20. RaZorBurn123

Wow! That's high praise. My jar shipped today. West coast shaving has a couple different ones in stock but I don't want to pay $7 for shipping.. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.