Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

The Bunny is on its way to Louisiana USA in the morning ! We had a nice visit but it was time for her to move on...
    image.jpeg

AGHisBBS, Jayaruh, Rufus T. and 4 others like this.
  2. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

You have inspired me to break mine out tonight for tomorrow. I bought it recently and have yet to use it. How different are the settings?

3. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

And knowing there's fellow type C collectors out there who dont own a C3:(

4. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

:signs011:

AGHisBBS, Hodge, Rufus T. and 3 others like this.
  5. spidey9

spidey9 Well-Known Member

The "L" (counterclockwise) is the mildest setting; all the way clockwise to "H" is the most aggressive, and it's pretty aggressive. If you like your razors moderately aggressive the middle setting is a good place to start. I set mine at the 3/4 setting between middle and the H.

It's unconventional - as you go from aggressive to mild you're actually moving the guard further out in front of the blade edge. It's spring-loaded and as you go to the more aggressive settings you're releasing the guard and the spring pushes it. The blade stops hang down from above the blade. The setup is unusual and quite ingenious.

The curved handle makes the correct angle a little counter-intuitive at first, but it's not difficult to find. Another oddity is that it is a very quiet razor - not much audible feedback.

Once you get familiar with its quirks it is a great shaver.

--Bob

AGHisBBS, Roderick, Rufus T. and 3 others like this.
  6. mrchick

Thank you for great info. I will start out in the middle tomorrow and post my results. Thanks again Bob.

7. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

Mystical (LazyLens 20160308 071740 HD).jpg Brush: Semogue 1305
    Lather: Proraso Blue
    Razor: E-4, day 5 on the chick.
    Aftershave: The Veg.
    I face lather exclusively. I put a large pea size dollop right into the damp brush and go right to my face. This always provides for gobs of yogurty slick lather. This is my fifth shave on this blade. The previous four shaves were so good, I decided to take a chance and go for a two pass shave by eliminating my usual wtg pass. I started by going right to the xtg followed by a atg finla pass. I wouldn't dare to try this with the de due to having a tough beard. This thing mows down whiskers like a zero turn mows grass. I am continuing to be amazed by this razor /blade combo:)

8. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

I always enjoy the Honesty in Your Write Ups..I can see You're DE s Endin up in the Backburner..:happy102:

Billy..:chores016:

9. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Late night shave with an old PAL. Yup, it was nice to be reunited with my PAL Injecto Matic. A fantastic shave in every way. Dolphin smooth, no nicks, cuts or weepers. Smooth, smooth, smooth shave and result. Life is good. :happy036:

AOS Lavender PSO
    Castle Forbes Lavender Shave Cream
    T&H Wellington Super Badger
    PAL Injecto Matic
    Schick (2)
    AOS Lavender After Shave Balm

PAL Injecto Matic.jpg

Happy shaving - Karl

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
    Redfisher, targa88, AGHisBBS and 9 others like this.
  10. mrchick

All loaded up and ready for morning
    [​IMG]

11. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

This is One Serious Injector..Enjoy..:happy088:

Billy..:chores016:

12. Kamen Tenshi

Kamen Tenshi Going #1

uploadfromtaptalk1457497043491.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1457497049965.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1457497064949.jpg

Guess what I found at the flea market. Got this bad boy for 5 bucks. I got my hands on some treet blades from a gas station and tried this razor out and it was great. I'm really enjoying it!

Redfisher, AGHisBBS, Jayaruh and 6 others like this.
  13. mrchick

Thank you Billy. I'm looking forward to trying it out. I bought one a few months ago in the wild and the adjuster was broken. I bought this one recently and it is in fantastic shape.

14. mrchick

15. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I really like that brush

16. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Hey, if I remember correctly you're not allowed to even thinking about buying another razor right now ;)

AGHisBBS, Spyder, twhite and 5 others like this.
  17. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

That could serve as a definition for "Numpties":happy036::happy097:

18. Bird Lives

Smooth right down to the ground.....I can dig it...Somethings are just so right, they can't really be improved upon...

Rufus T., AGHisBBS, Spyder and 2 others like this.
  19. Bird Lives

Congratulations.....Guess you did dig it....lol....There are many who think that is the finest razor design of all time....and most of us around here have it on the short list of best razor designs....What kills me, is August Schueber applied for the patent on this in 1909......and it shaves as good or better as just about anything since....August sure got alot of things right on his first edition of this, and Ever Ready and Star were still making this razor long after WWII....whew, what a classic...That version you have was made in Brooklyn in the mid to late 1920's, before Ever Ready took over 1912 production when GEM started only making the Micro-matic in late '29....

Our @Billyfergie came up with a shim, that when used with a modern SE blade even improves the shaves with these even more...It seems the original blades (pre 1930's) were thicker, so if you use this shim it recreates the original blade angle....here check it out... http://theshavingroom.co.uk/community/index.php?threads/the-fergiebilly-shim.32513/

I've tried it and loved it....for me, the half shim worked perfect for the 1912, with a modern stainless blade.....and Walgreens can order those Stainless GEM blades for an in store pick up with no delivery charge....usually takes like, only 2 or 3 days max, to get them in..But you have to ask....usually a manager or assistant mang. about ordering them, because most employees don't know that they do that....

But the shim thing also works great with those treets aswell....But you need to dip the blade in alcohol after shaving and put a drop of baby oil on each side of the edge...to keep it from rusting between shaves....I love the treets, but you have to do the little bit of maintenance....the stainless are good for like 10 shaves with no maintenance....Try both....both type blades have their fans....

Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
    Rufus T., AGHisBBS, Tdmsu and 2 others like this.
  20. Bird Lives

Didn't shave last couple days....waiting for that H to make the scene and wanted a good test field of whiskers...ha,ha...
    But I had a rehearsal tonight and my whiskers were like...out of control....The 'H' isn't suppose to get here til Friday...so I grabbed a 'quick' shave with my E2 as I ran for the door...

At least that was the plan....

Good News.....1 pass BBS
    Bad news....3 weepers....one was actually looking like something out of Monty Python's Search For the Holy Grail..:shocked003: "Merely a flesh wound...I've 'ad worse..."

Soo actually I didn't get out the door as fast as I had planned....:eek:
    But once the bleeding stopped....It was a very close shave for one pass....and I should remember...The E2 does demand respect....it's not for those super fast, mad dash, shaves....at least not this one!

Have a great "Humpday" shave Everybody!!!!!

Rufus T., Redfisher, AGHisBBS and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.