I ordered this, but got this instead.

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by ninjack, Mar 8, 2016.

1. barbersurgeon

barbersurgeon Well-Known Member

Down side of buyer's exchanging like this would be the likely loss of buyer protection. Since a third party has entered the transaction at this point, I'm not sure ebay would offer much help if there are any issues. ???

2. gssixgun

gssixgun At this point in time...

Supporting Vendor
    All's well that ends well :)

It probably wouldn't have been "Right" to keep the WM anyway but dang I would have been tempted :p

PLANofMAN and ninjack like this.
  3. ninjack

ninjack Well-Known Member

Your probably right. If for some reason it doesn't show up, I'll probably be out the money. I don't think Ebay would help with it at that point. I have bought a lot of things off of Ebay over the years, and only twice did the packages show up at my house empty. I always sweat it a little when I buy something and it is being delivered through the mail.

4. ninjack

If I had only known. LOL
    If you had a choice between a new Boker King Cutter and a vintage Henckels Friodur Inox in excellent shape for the same price, which would you prefer? I'm already planning my next razor purchase. Haha.

barbersurgeon and Robyflexx like this.
  5. gssixgun

gssixgun At this point in time...

Supporting Vendor
    There is no bad decision there both are excellent

I would buy the Henckels only because I can buy the new production Boker anytime where as the Vintage is simply no longer made

mrchick, J.R. and Robyflexx like this.
  6. ninjack

Thanks. I really like both, but think I will go with the Henckels for the reason you stated and try and get the Boker next time. The Friodur is located in Japan and I will probably order it this weekend. When it arrives I will post some pictures of it as well as the Spartacus. I appreciate the advice.

gssixgun, mrchick and Robyflexx like this.
  7. ShaneS

ShaneS Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    I had a great laugh at those negative reviews!

Hope your swap turns out!

mrchick and Robyflexx like this.
  8. ninjack

Yeah, that was something. I was actually surprised he was so nice in our exchanges. Go figure. Maybe he was off his meds that day.

mrchick, ShaneS and Robyflexx like this.
  9. aelfred.t.allspa

aelfred.t.allspa Well-Known Member

I believe it should have been offered by the seller. It's the sellers responsibility to send the right product with a sense of urgency. They shouldn't have half-***** it in my opinion. Stuff like that is one of my biggest pet peeves. Like infuriation level peeve lol. That's why I try to not buy too much off ebay

ninjack likes this.
  10. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I wish there were a thousand more just like you on this forum.
    ...and ten thousand on Badger & Blade.
    Prices on razors might drop down to something approaching reasonable.
    ;)

ob1page, ninjack and mrchick like this.
  11. aelfred.t.allspa

Lol I'm only onto SE now. No worries on the DE side from me, plan

mrchick, PLANofMAN and Robyflexx like this.
  12. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    You never know what is going to catch my eye.

mrchick likes this.
  13. KCphotog

KCphotog Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    I don't think I would have done the exchange with the 3rd party buyer. Nothing to keep him from deciding he got two vintage razors for $7.

barbersurgeon, Robyflexx and youngunn like this.
  14. ninjack

Yeah, I know what you mean. I had that same thought myself. I just have to hope he does the right thing. I am a little concerned right now, after I shipped my razor off to the original buyer I went to Canada mail web site and put in the tracking number I got for the package I sent. When I put the number in it shows the package was accepted. When I put the tracking number in that the original seller gave me (the one the guy with my razor gave him to give to me) it can't find anything under that tracking number. I would think it should show up a day latter, but when I put the number in it can't be found. I guess I'll have to contact the original seller again and let him know. Maybe he gave me a wrong number in there.

Robyflexx likes this.
  15. aelfred.t.allspa

That or he just got his razor back and really is a despicable person. Don't mean to rain on the parade, I naturally think negatively. I'd be real wary of that seller.

Robyflexx likes this.
  16. Mr. Oldschool

Mr. Oldschool Johnny Dangerously

This whole deal has an unsettling vibe to it...

Robyflexx likes this.
  17. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Time to involve PayPal.

18. mayer57619

mayer57619 Well-Known Member

I would definitely involve PayPal!

Robyflexx likes this.
  19. Mr. Oldschool

Mr. Oldschool Johnny Dangerously

At this point, I don't think you can. I don't think the seller is likely being shady here since he sent you a far more valuable razor by mistake. I think he should have offered a refund to both you and the other buyer. I also think it would have been reasonable for him to offer to take them back at his expense if you all agreed to it. By having the two buyers ship to each other this takes it out of ebay/Paypal's control. I doubt that he did it maliciously since he ran a risk that you would realize he sent you something worth more than you paid and you might just say nothing and keep it. It looks more like an honest mistake followed by a bad suggested fix. The integrity of the other buyer is the main question now.

burnout961 and Robyflexx like this.
  20. Redrock

Redrock Well-Known Member

I read the negative reply responses. I certainly would not return a straight razor to this guy in person.:scared003:

178-bplatoon and Robyflexx like this.