How's your day? March 2016

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by macaronus, Mar 1, 2016.

1. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

Thank you very much!
    Thank you!

Tonight I completed the SEO program I started a week ago. It's designed to be completed in about 2 months...so far I am about 6 weeks ahead.

I signed up for this series of lessons to generate extra income, as the accounting is going terribly slow. So far I am retaining a huge portion of it!

Here's to another venture!!

RaZorBurn123 and richgem like this.
  2. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

Have you ever had one of those days when you start to work on something that terrifies you and then everything starts going wrong?

6 years ago I was working on a truck when the jack failed (cracked and flew off in 2 different directions) crushing my thigh against the ground and pinning me there for about an hour until a different jack was found to get the truck off of me. Today I have my Fiancee's van up on stands and I need to drop the tank to replace the fuel pump and filter. I'm hesitant to get under the van anyway so when I was able to find every size socket other than the 13mm I needed and then broke the only 13mm socket I was able to find it really put me off trying again. We have no running vehicle until I get this running because I gave my Mom my Jeep when she totaled her car since I couldn't afford the insurance on it while I was unemployed. I could work and get the tools I need but I live in small town NC where everything shuts down except for 9am-5pm Mon-Fri and they all close at 11am on Wensday so the employees can go to church. Thats courthouse, banks, tag office, stores other than grocery. So I can't get the tools I need unless I somehow make it to the nearest Walmart that's a 35 min drive one way. I really want to move away from this kind of small town.

3. White731

White731 Well-Known Member

It was an abscess in my intestines due to diverticulitis. Started with minor pain and a fever of 103 for two days. Finally got enough antibiotics in me and now feeling better...still kind of weak. Spent a few days in the hospital. Luckily it did not perforate and become septic. Doctor said if it had, I may not be typing this right now.

macaronus and Marverel like this.
  4. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Praising God you're doing better!

White731 and Robyflexx like this.
  5. White731

White731 Well-Known Member

Thank you sir. You never know from day to day if it will be your last. I am just glad I am prepared to go if my time is called.

Marverel, Halvor, PLANofMAN and 2 others like this.
  6. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
  7. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

Yesterday was good...rode the 200-some-odd miles to the Piney Woods to see me dear ol' mum, who stuffed me with fried chicken, rice & gravy, and sweet potato, and sent me back home with leftover chicken & a slice of cheesecake with cherry topping. Got back home & fixed my landlady's weedeater, and goofed off the rest of the evening.

PLANofMAN and Robyflexx like this.
  8. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Break out the penguin suits! Congratulations to both of you!

[​IMG]

9. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Congratulations Ryan! Beautiful photos... Thanks for sharing these moments. :)

Intrigued and PLANofMAN like this.
  10. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

Great day today in DFW. I woke up, the sun rose, the dogs wagged their tails when they saw me. My only detraction today is an angry zit next to my nose. Silver lining? I'm waaay too old for zits. Must be a good omen.

Halvor and Intrigued like this.
  11. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Congratulations guys! Love those smiles. They tell it all.

Intrigued, PLANofMAN and Robyflexx like this.
  12. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

13. Intrigued

Intrigued Active Member

Happy PI day to you too! :)

[​IMG]

I had a slice of Raspberry Cream pie to celebrate. :D

[​IMG] [​IMG]

PLANofMAN, richgem and Robyflexx like this.
  14. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Yummy!...:drool::drool::drool:

Intrigued likes this.
  15. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

During today, Pi Day, I had a nice piece of Pecan Pie after an all you can eat buffet at my local Western Sizzlin'. It was pretty good for cheap boxed pie.

Robyflexx likes this.
  16. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I have two slices of strawberry rhubarb pie in the fridge. Didn't touch either one of them. I don't know if I should be proud of myself or ashamed.

I'll eat one tomorrow morning for breakfast. :)

Intrigued and Robyflexx like this.
  17. Halvor

Halvor Well-Known Member

Congrats and my best wishes, Ryan :)

PLANofMAN, Robyflexx and Marverel like this.
  18. Halvor

Halvor Well-Known Member

I forgot to follow up after your surgery. Glad to hear things worked out well and I hope they have continued in the same direction!?

Robyflexx and Marverel like this.
  19. Marverel

Marverel Well-Known Member

Thank you, Halvor. Yes - fit as a fiddle over here :happy088: Still have to be a bit cautious with chewing very hard stuff (bread crusts etc), but apart from that everything's fine. Swelling's long gone, no pain - on the downside I have to go to work again ;)

20. Halvor

Halvor Well-Known Member

Glad to hear! You have my sympathies for that terrible downside ;)

(I haven't been to work much since end of Feb myself, actually. The three of us in my little family have been taking alternate turns of various things - arthritis and the flu for me, flu and then sinusitis for my spouse, and flu for my daughter - in sum ending up with my staying home taking care of myself or one or both of the others. Just a little pain remaining for my better half now, but all of us back to work and kindergarten, respectively.)

Robyflexx and Marverel like this.