Found a Job!!!

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by DDuckyMark, Mar 21, 2016.

1. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

I sure am glad that I have too. I lost my last job because I couldn't morally work there anymore with all the health code violations. This job is 6am- 3pm as a cook at the grocery store next to my house. My commute to work will be a 1.5 minute walk down a hill. Its not paying big money but its paying just $0.50 an hour less then my nursing home job as a Med Tech. Orientation is this Saturday and my start date is TBA.

Gainful employment, oh how I've missed you.

wristwatchb, KLF, youngunn and 24 others like this.
  2. TheManWithNoName

TheManWithNoName Well-Known Member

Congratulations, @DDuckyMark! I'm so happy you've found a new job and an employer you feel good working for. Good luck with your new job!

RyX, RaZorBurn123, Robyflexx and 2 others like this.
  3. RyX

RyX DoH!

Congrats! Who is John Galt?

4. DDuckyMark

Good movie. Better book.

5. IDuck

IDuck Well-Known Member

good for you...cant beat that commute, and good on you for leaving your last job do to morals...I applaude anyone for that and it isnt a easy thing to do.

6. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

7. DDuckyMark

I worked there once before and left for my last job. Now I'm going back for a pay right between my old wage at this store and the wage I left in October. Win Win in my book.

8. DDuckyMark

After I left I found out that Social Service came in and leaned really heavy on the nursing home. People got fired, fined, and the like. I'm glad I saw it coming. My report to DSS was during the investigation so someone else beat me to it. The residents living there deserve better then they get.

RyX, Robyflexx and ob1page like this.
  9. DDuckyMark

Very good. I need to save up for my impending move back to Saint Lucie county. I'm also still fighting my ex-wife for my boys. Lawyers are expensive.

RyX, Robyflexx and Double Edge Dougy like this.
  10. Double Edge Dougy

Double Edge Dougy Well-Known Member

Congrats....its tough finding work so im glad you snagged a job. Dont spend the whole check on shaving gear!!! Maybe half ;)

TheManWithNoName and Bird Lives like this.
  11. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Congratulations....the money you save living that close to work should also be considered when computing salery differences....Like you said, win win....It's also those things that you can't put a price on, like respecting those you work for and also liking what you do....Life is short, you should always enjoy what it is that you do for a living...

I hope this continues to work out good for you...and I hope you upcoming move is something you are looking forward to...

TheManWithNoName, RyX and ob1page like this.
  12. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

And don't listen to this guy....spending your whole check on shaving gear is completly exceptable behavior in some societies.....:happy108::happy097::happy093:

13. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Congratulations, and that's a nice commute.

14. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

Excellent news!!

TheManWithNoName likes this.
  15. Halvor

Halvor Well-Known Member

I bring coffee for my commute every day by metro into town. Guess it'll have to be a ristretto for you ;)

Congrats on the new job! I take it you'll be preparing food for a deli counter? I used to work in the kitchen in a small restaurant; miss it actually, especially the prep in the mornings, working with my hands, with food, and noone else around, just me, food and the music. A little like shaving these days, come to think of it :D

16. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

I'm in Saint Lucie Mark! I'm so happy to know your back in the work force...what a blessing! Congratulations brother! :)

TheManWithNoName and crackstar like this.
  17. DDuckyMark

The one in Florida? I grew up behind the polish American club off of Prima Vista. My old house is a rental now.

Robyflexx likes this.
  18. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Yes! Prima Vista is one of the main roads right near my house! Small world! :)

19. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Good news and enjoy the new job!

TheManWithNoName and Robyflexx like this.
  20. DDuckyMark

I'm looking for places closer to Lakewood Park since my Grandma and Mom have houses there. My sister has a place just north of the county line about 6 blocks north of my Mom's house. My Brother still lives in Port Saint Lucie but I'm not sure where. I have only been back once in the Las 10 years. I miss it.

Robyflexx likes this.