Shavers and Sidearms

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by Sontag, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Is yours a 9 aswell? I had a Steyr 9s for a while, and got involved with some ballistic testing some of the new 9mm ammo...Wow! It's amazing what they have done with the 9...And their desire to bring the 9mm up in all catagories, penetration, expansion, low flash, etc, has also improved some of our other calibers....Now some of the new 38s have much better short barrel performance....

I used to be such a dyed in the wool 45 acp guy, but with these new improvments in ammo...Especially the 9....There are just so many choices and options....It's been a game changer....

Last edited: Jan 24, 2016
    Double Edge Dougy likes this.
  2. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

I'm a big fan of the S&W J Frames. I have a 642. It is a back-up ankle gun for me.

[​IMG]

3. Alejandro S

Alejandro S Active Member

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160124/ba83977a16fb4c654f5a1a7de58bafdf.jpg[/IM

some Colts and others here

4. Double Edge Dougy

Double Edge Dougy Well-Known Member

Yea my shield is a 9.....im with you on being a new convert. I have a .40 rami 2075, i love it, but it is really heavy. Its shorter than the shield but being a double stack mag its bulkier. So i think the single stack, light wieght and very efficient jhp +p ammo makes the 9 and shield specifically a great everyday gun

Bird Lives and IDuck like this.
  5. Bird Lives

I didn't realize how important Comfort was many years ago...I thought nothing of carrying a 1911 Commander in an IWB rig.....But now I realize just how important a factor it is......It's the difference between leaving it at home or not...Even then, the 1911 would stay home or wait in the car more often than not....}8^))

Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
  6. Bird Lives

When I was a kid my Mom was a secretary at the Local County Detective Office...And the Detective Sgt. She worked for was a member of a stake-out squad that used to work in and around Washington DC all the time...He was in numerous combat situations as you would expect. He also was a close family friend that would have dinner at our house alot.

He was the first person who ever showed me a real gun and tell me about firearms, safety, and how they worked, the diffence between automatics and revolvers etc. He was very kind, I really looked up to him. He told me his favorite primary duty weapon was the S&W J frame. He was never in a combat situation with any other handgun. He had used shotguns before, but the Chief Special or Centennial were the only handguns.

I asked him once about reloading under fire. He told me he was an advocate of drawing another gun as the fastest reload and smiled. But he also told me, he had never been in a situation, in all those years in that stake out squad, where he ever had to reload under fire. He was always prepared for it, but it never happened. He said everything always went down very quickly, and he never needed to reload...Everyones fate was decided in a matter of moments.

Of course that was many years ago....and someone in a stakeout squad that busy today would find themselves in a different situation...But those guys back then definitely were not about the "Spray and Pray" method...They practiced non-stop and 5 rounds was considered adequate for a primary ccw....

Double Edge Dougy and Bobcat like this.
  7. Paul6506

Paul6506 Well-Known Member

I use paddle holsters.....I have enough going on inside my waistband.

8. Bird Lives

:happy097:

Double Edge Dougy and Paul6506 like this.
  9. americanshamrock

americanshamrock Let's Make a Deal! Staff Member

Swedish Steel
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
    45auto and Robyflexx like this.
  10. americanshamrock

American classics
    [​IMG]

Robyflexx and Mustache like this.
  11. 45auto

45auto Well-Known Member

Is this a huskavarna .380?...pardon my spelling.

americanshamrock likes this.
  12. americanshamrock

Yes it's a Husqvarna 1907. When they were imported the barrels were sleeved to .380acp from the original 9mm Browning. I have both caliber barrels (9mm Browning is much more accurate) for this pistol which I inherited when my uncle passed.

ETA I can't believe that I missed this thread up until now.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
  13. americanshamrock

Imperial Centurion
    [​IMG]

Robyflexx likes this.
  14. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

[​IMG]

I'd have to reinforce my deck and move my smoker a bit?

15. Paul6506

Paul6506 Well-Known Member

American Steel....

Jeep.jpg

16. Nunner

Nunner Member

A good morning line up

[​IMG]

17. Double Edge Dougy

Double Edge Dougy Well-Known Member

At the nra dinner a colt strait razor just auctioned off for 475$ i was hoping to snag it at 35 lol

Bird Lives likes this.
  18. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

The point of a fundraiser auction is to show off how much cash one can drop off "for a cause." Not fertile hunting grounds for bargains, normally.

19. gregkw1

gregkw1 Well-Known Member

Can't wait till I get home and take a photo. Isis Bring It On

20. Bird Lives

Do you carry that in a shoulder holster or....... Inside the Waistband? :shocked003: