SoS: March 28, 2016 - April 3, 2016

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Mar 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

:happy097: Good One! :happy097:

whiteboy_cannon and ObiDon like this.
  2. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

So are they in fact nearly identical? Great setup today Primo!

clint64, Primotenore and Robyflexx like this.
  3. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

Love that FB! :git::greet002::happy036::bounce017:

ram57 and Robyflexx like this.
  4. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

Wow! Terrific shot! :eatdrink047::happy036:

5. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

Thank you Obi, and yes the FB doesn't get enough love from me

whiteboy_cannon and Robyflexx like this.
  6. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

Man Bag!:angry019:

ObiDon and ob1page like this.
  7. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

Nice payback Roby! I suppose I deserved that after all the flack I gave you on the new CT!
    ;)

Robyflexx and ob1page like this.
  8. barbersurgeon

barbersurgeon Well-Known Member

First shave with the Fatip Grande:

[​IMG]

Fattip Grande
    Astra Platinum
    Omega S-Brush
    Italian Barber 'Acquatico'
    A/S1: Witch Hazel w/ EOs
    A/S2: Vintage Old Spice

Very nice First time shave with this set up. Face lathered and did a three pass shave. Two passes N->S and one pass Ear->Chin (XTG). No weepers, nicks or issues. Very nice shave indeed.

The brush and soap were add-ons for the $20 deal on the Fatip. Brush is HUGE. Much bigger than my Kent Synthetic. I had a little issue loading the brush, but I think that was because the soap was not level from the filling of the container. The brush is very no-nonsense. I like that it is a bit stiffer than my Kent in the backbone department. I went with this brush, even though it is a 'budget' brush and a step down so to speak, looking for more backbone, and I think it could even have a bit more for my liking. Tips are soft, but I was hoping for more scritch.

Acquatico performed fine, light on the scenting, but nice enough. As the soap wears in I think the loading issue will a thing of the past.

I'll be revisiting these three Italian cousins often if today's results are an indication of future outcomes.

More here on the Fatip Grande:

http://theshaveden.com/forums/threa...t-shaves-gentlemen.41254/page-86#post-1030572

K-zone, Tdmsu, clint64 and 16 others like this.
  9. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

Friday:
    Prep: Hot shower, Nivea Face Wash
    Brush: Fine Angelhair Synthetic
    Lather: Shaver Heaven Fresh Ginger croap
    Razor: RazoRock Bamboozled RAKE OC
    Blade: Bolzano Superinox (4)
    Passes: WTG, XTG, XTG (7, 8, 9)
    Post: Cold water rinse, Thayer's WH pad, Myrsol Metilsol AS splash
    Cologne: Gaiac by M. Micallef

First real go with the Angelhair brush and the Fresh Ginger croap. The brush is very soft with plenty of backbone, and no scritch. Because both it and the Fresh Ginger are essentially new to me, I don't yet have the water ratio down, which impacted lather quality; the scent is very herbaceous and fresh, pairing well with the Metilsol due to both having eucalyptus and thyme notes. The blade was starting to show its age, which - paired with an imperfect lathering technique - made the shave a bit less smooth than I would want, but there were no nicks, weepers, or hot spots. DFS results, overall.

Tdmsu, clint64, mhari_dubh and 15 others like this.
  10. Robyflexx

I'm actually glad the razor works well for you! Trying new stuff is fun, I mean look I'm enjoying an injector now and next week I plan on trying out my Gem Art Deco SE. Who cares what a razor looks like or what gender it was made for if it works nicely for your purposes. Enjoy my friend! :)

Rufus T., ram57 and ob1page like this.
  11. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I'm looking to get a Stirling or two soon...Barbershop and Sharp Dressed Man look good to be for beginners. I like how they have scents for each season, and some for all year.

Norcalnewb, Robyflexx and ram57 like this.
  12. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

An early post for a bone-chillingly cold Saturday morning fun-filled shave!

Here we go:

Neutrogena Men Facial Wash :love055::love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Razorock Plissoft 26 mm Monster :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055:
    Junjie/Astra day 6
    Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill SS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Lucky Tiger AS Cream :love055: :love055::love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Fine Snake Bite AS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Chabrawichi 555 Cologne

I'm ecstatic because my Glacial order from Rod cleared customs and is now at our local post office should it should be delivered to me Monday if all goes well. In the meantime I'll enjoy the Lemon Chill soap with its awesome lemony scent and its mega-freeze, along with such perfect lather and brilliant post-shave care. I LOVE the Lucky Tiger a/s cream's cooling, moisturizing, and soothing feeling which protects against dryness or irritation. The Snake Bite's menthol power definitely tops that from the Rubby Dubby Doo although not by very much! ;) :D

DSC_1341_large.jpg Glacial_Lemon_Chill__58795_1434570594_800_800.jpg ltdisappearingcream_grande.jpg finesnakebitenew_1024x1024.jpg

J.R., Tdmsu, clint64 and 17 others like this.
  13. Robyflexx

I agree Paul, reading the scent descriptions on those and the reviews they sound fantastic. Scores of reviewers can't all be wrong. :)

14. Robyflexx

I'm happy your order will soon be there Jeff! Great shaves for you and more material for your beautifully worded post which we all enjoy so much. :)

crackstar likes this.
  15. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

I haven't found a Stirling scent I don't like. :)

Of all I have tried, the Ben Franklin is my favorite, but the Barber Shop is also very nice. I got some of the Gatlinburg when it first came out, and it quickly grew on me, too. I really like the Frozen Tundra soap scent, too.

16. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Their Bay Rum is also very good. It is heavy on the cinnamon oil, so it can burn a bit when first applied, but I really like that. Some mornings, I just want that burn.

17. Mr. Freeze93

Mr. Freeze93 Prefers the baby blue dress

+1! Stirling is great stuff. I am biased toward the Glacials though.. :Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:

Norcalnewb, crackstar and Robyflexx like this.
  18. crackstar

lolllllllllllllllllllll By any chance, was it some guy in Montreal, Canada who influenced you? ;)

Norcalnewb, ram57, Robyflexx and 2 others like this.
  19. Mr. Freeze93

Mr. Freeze93 Prefers the baby blue dress

Sounds about right! :cool:

Norcalnewb, ram57, crackstar and 2 others like this.
  20. crackstar

Ah, that crazy kook? lollllll

Norcalnewb, ob1page, ram57 and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.