SoS: March 28, 2016 - April 3, 2016

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Mar 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

@Spud I'm sorry to hear about your trouble with the pre shave oil. I keep two in my rotation currently and they both work equally well and their scents are wonderful but they are also very cost effective. One is RR Essential Oil of Lime and the other is Shave Secret which is carried by Walmart. I shaved with the Shave Secret this morning with the usual wonderful results. Very slick and lots of protection. Sorry to hi-jack I just don't like my buddy being stuck with a product that's causing irritation. :)

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
    Spud, clint64, Hodge and 2 others like this.
  2. Robyflexx

SOTD Sat. 4/2/16
    Pre Shave Cleanser: Noxzema Classic:love029::love055:
    Pre Shave Oil: Shave Secret:love029::love055:
    Shave Soap: La Toja Shave Stick:love029::love055:
    Shave Brush: Semogue 620 Boar:love029::love055:
    Razor: Schick N1:love029::love055:
    Blade: Schick Twin (2)
    [​IMG]:Animatedfrozensmily:
    [​IMG]
    After Shave Balm: Stirling Mita:love029::love055::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:
    Soap: Grandpa's Sandalwood & Shea Soap:love029::love055:
    Cologne: Avant-Garde by Lanvin :love029::love055:

Good morning guys. Wonderfully dolphin smooth shave this morning with the N1. @Redfisher aka Mike and I are interested in knowing the amount of usage we can get from these Schick Twin Blades so I have begun keeping a count on here as of today with today being the second day on this blade. This is both in the interest of science and cost effectiveness as these blades aren't cheap. La Toja is a dreamy shave soap for me which is top tier in performance and everyone should at least try it I think. Today I learned that this injector is marvelous for shaving with your non-dominent hand as the length of the handle is very generous. I learned how to shave with my left hand while using carts and it's something I still do occasionally so as not to lose that muscle memory. Have a great shave and a great Saturday folks. :)
    IMG_20160401_075152.jpg

Linuxguile, alfredus, Spud and 24 others like this.
  3. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Morning, nice setup and picture. :happy088:

RaZorBurn123, Marverel and Robyflexx like this.
  4. Robyflexx

I'm convinced! :thanks: for your help Roger and have a great day. :)

Douglas Carey and ob1page like this.
  5. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I enjoyed this shave so much - my Plissoft brush Monster whipped up a MONSTROUS lather from the Glacial Lemon Chill soap with a MONSTROUS menthol freeze. The Lucky Tiger a/s cream moisturized and cooled my skin additionally - that stuff is an excellent product which a lot of barbershops use. The Snake Bite aftershave splash went on with a twenty below zero feeling. BBS again, but the Astra blade is getting tired so after tomorrow it'll retire! :happy088: :happy088:

6. Marverel

Marverel Well-Known Member

Just finished my first straight razor shave this month:

0204.jpg

- Jeeves of Hudson Street "Conservatory"
    - Mühle STF 23mm
    - Gold Dollar 208
    - Tüff sensitiv Rasierwasser

First time I used this particular Jeeves soap. "Conservatory" (former "Mountain Rain") is a very "green" scent ... reminds me of a mix between a freshly mowed lawn and a greenhouse full of exotic flowers, spiced up with a bit of earthiness and a hint of pine flavor. At first I did not like it as much as the other two Jeeves soaps I have ("Turkish Bath" and "Eucalyptus & Spearmint"), but I think this one might grow on me. Performance is top notch as usual - easy lathering, great slickness and very nice postshave feel.

I performed 2 and a half passes today - one full pass WTG, another full one XTG and after that something between X and ATG on my cheeks only. I left out the neck because it already felt a little irritated.

I'd rate this as DFS - Aftershave was pretty quiet, so it was a nice start into the April straight razor focus. :happy088:

Linuxguile, alfredus, Spud and 25 others like this.
  7. Halvor

Halvor Well-Known Member

Saturday's wild shave.

Water heated on the campfire. The gleam of dawn. Only a bush knife at hand. Spittlebug lather. A splash of whisky. Sssting! Probably would have needed a sip or three, too.

Oh well. Guess not.

The whisky splash part was true, though. And while I'm not desperate enough to use Spittlebug lather the soap IS called desperado. Thanks to Rob @Red Rider I was able to conduct it all with my birth year Super Adjustable - inaugural shave between the two of us, this.

Most noteworthy: fabulous, fabulous lather whipped up from the Soapy Bathman soap. I think this soap is the third and last formulation, and while I haven't tried the previous iterations, this surely must be improvement.

[​IMG]

Linuxguile, alfredus, Spud and 23 others like this.
  8. Robyflexx

Beautiful colors in this photo! :)

Spud and crackstar like this.
  9. Robyflexx

Killer photo! :happy088:

Halvor and crackstar like this.
  10. Drawer

Drawer Well-Known Member

Nice picture. It the Fatboy a replace or did Gillette make them that way. Nice either way.

ram57, Robyflexx and crackstar like this.
  11. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Shave oil is a bit gimicky to me. Although this oil has a nice light scent and is water soluble, I will not be replacing it when I complete the bottle. I may even pif the bottle. I do get a bit of a sting/tingle with it, too. It is pretty light, and it has not been a real concern since it goes away after the shave.

Spud, ram57 and crackstar like this.
  12. Drawer

Drawer Well-Known Member

Wilkinson Sword boar brush
    Nivea aftershave balm
    Bodyshop shave cream
    RazorRock Alum
    Kai blade
    Rimei razor

It was my first time using this razor. I found it to be really light. It didn't seem so light when I was just checking it over however once using it, the lack of heft became very apparent. It shaves well. DFS for sure. A pack of these blades cost nearly as much as the razor.

IMG_0678.jpg

Linuxguile, K-zone, alfredus and 22 others like this.
  13. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

Classy!
    How did the Rocnel work for you?

Douglas Carey, ram57 and Robyflexx like this.
  14. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

Spring Saturday
    B&M Ferox reminds me of spring... It was my first B&M soap three years ago. I only have a little left, so I have to use it sparingly. I love the peppery grapefruit scent, and the tea tree is great for my skin. It whipped up as usual into slick protective lather at the behest of my HIS brush. I barely felt the Futur and Rapira SS demolishing my stubble. These blades are excellent! I guess I shouldn't be too surprised if they are made by the same folks who make Voskhod blades. I finished with Shea Moisture Shave Elixir to continue the grapefruit scent and tea tree goodness. My skin feels amazing.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Linuxguile, alfredus, ilts and 20 others like this.
  15. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

4/2/16
    [​IMG]
    Easy bowl lather with the mystery lime cream. The RR brush was up to the task. The Arnold's Platinum Chrome blade continues to shine on shave #6. Finished off with Avon Island Lime. Now, off to a track meet.

Linuxguile, alfredus, ilts and 24 others like this.
  16. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

April 2, 2016

Proraso preshave cream
    Gillette Heavy Tech / Astra SP
    Simpsons Special / TOBS Natural
    Proraso Green ASB
    Great shave this morning! Great way to start a Saturday. :duel:
    TOBS apr 2.jpg

Linuxguile, K-zone, alfredus and 22 others like this.
  17. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

SOTD

Razor - Schick E2 (Canadian made)
    Brush - Vintage butterscotch badger re-knot
    Soap - Proraso Sensitive Green tea and Oatmeal
    image.jpeg
    Great shave with this newer E2. Zero nicks and BBS results make for a great start to the day.

Linuxguile, K-zone, alfredus and 21 others like this.
  18. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Saturday

Prep: Warm Shower-Stirling Bath Soap-Scots Pine Sheep
    Soap: WSP Rustic Shaving Soap-Blackbeard
    Razor: Gillette Fat Boy
    Blade: Gillette Spoiler (1)
    Brush: oscar11 2-Band Finest-24mmx50mm
    Aftershave: Reef Point-Submariner

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard)

Rustic Blackbeard today. 20 seconds to load the oscar11 2-Band Finest. Easy, thick, slick, lather. I loaded a new Gillette 70’s “Spoiler” in the Fat Boy. Excellent smooth, close, shave. I finished with Reef Point Submariner.

Bob

[​IMG]

Linuxguile, K-zone, alfredus and 24 others like this.
  19. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Great use of tones and muted lighting. Nice combination of shave items.

Douglas Carey, Halvor and Robyflexx like this.
  20. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

SOTD
    April 2, 2016
    Prep: Hot Shower. Noxzema
    Razor: Gillette Super Speed Flare Tip E1
    Blade: Personna Lab Blue
    Lather: Mystic Water Jeff's Lavender
    Brush: RazoRock Plissoft
    Aftershave: Folsom & Co. Capri
    This Gillette Super Speed Flare Tip very well may be my favorite razor. Second time using Mystic Water Jeff's Lavender, fantastic soap!! I most definitely will be adding more Mystic Water Soap. Btw, I lathered this soap like I do every soap, no issues at all.
    Be a blessing to someone else

K-zone, ilts, Primotenore and 17 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.