Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

Stop right there Pal..:happy097:

Billy..:chores016:

AGHisBBS and Rufus T. like this.
  2. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

Ah, fair point my Northern friend. I stand corrected.

(Actually I'm sitting.)

At this late hour on the Left Coast of the North American continent I probably couldn't discern a D from an F, nor a single from a Twin, so I trust your recollection and and bow to your learned experience.

(internal dialogue - crazy Canucklehead loading a Twin in a D! and in an F?!!!...)

Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
    Hodge, AGHisBBS, twhite and 2 others like this.
  3. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Whoever got those E2's needs to join up and come to the Party bearing photos.....Can't get too many E2 photos....

4. Bird Lives

That may be, Hodge......but once someone becomes as famous as you have around here.....you have no more private life.....Maybe you didn't tell anyone around here....But any of us could have read it in the Shaving Section of any of the Scandal Sheets while waiting in line at the grocery store.....Seems like I did read something about some cat jacking an F type with a twin blade, but lucky for some unnamed person, there were no names or pictures....

So this is advice to all you Super Denizens out there.....as you drive the prices up on these Schicks, the press realizes that the public wants stories about injectors and their users....So be cool...shave careful...and keep those shades drawn.....

Back to your normally scheduled shaving......

Redfisher, AGHisBBS, twhite and 3 others like this.
  5. Bird Lives

Friday's Shave was Spectacular!
    Hot Shower Prep
    Straight Razor Designs 'Blood Orange' soap
    Late 40's Stag B4565 totally refurbished by Gary Carrington
    PAL Injecto-matic
    LongsDrugs/NOS Personna Chromium Plus d3
    Thayers Witch Hazel
    Clubman Original
    image.jpg
    Have a Great Weekend Everybody!!!!!

Jayaruh, Rufus T., AGHisBBS and 3 others like this.
  6. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

:Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: ICED WATER SHAVE:Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:

SOTD Sat. 4/9/16
    Pre Shave Cleanser: Noxzema Classic:love029::love055:
    Pre Shave Oil: DG Vitamin E Oil:love029::love055:
    Shave Soap: Arko Shave Stick:love029::love055: (Not Pictured)
    Shave Brush: Semogue 620 Boar:love029::love055:
    Razor: Schick N1 :love029::love055:
    Blade: Schick Twin (1)
    [​IMG][​IMG]After Shave Balm: Stirling Mita:love029::love055::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:
    Soap: Grandpa's Sandalwood & Shea Soap:love029::love055:
    Cologne: Bogart by Jacques Bogart:love029::love055:
    Good morning friends. After reading a post by @Joef yesterday i was inspired and this morning i grabbed a perfectly sized container i have and dumped my refrigerator ice bucket into it, filled it with water and got to work. It was fantastic, a revelation almost! I used this ice water for prep, between passes, for wetting my brush, i even dunked my Arko stick in it! Beautiful dolphin smooth shave without even a hint of irritation. My whiskers literally disappeared. I would like to thank @Bama Samurai for his generosity, the Arko stick lathered like a dream and i like the scent, to me it's reminiscent of bar soap. The N1 is a marvelous shave creation. Have a wonderful shave and a wonderful day guys. :)[​IMG]

7. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Roby

You take some very cool pictures. This is another great one.

Tom

8. Robyflexx

Thank you, Tom! :)

Karl G and AGHisBBS like this.
  9. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

I have a few times recently. Here you go once more.
    image.jpeg image.jpeg
    The Ivory handle on left is not as smooth as the other two.

Attached Files:

Jayaruh, Rufus T., Redfisher and 3 others like this.
  10. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Wow! I just had a super smooth and super close, most enjoyable, shave with my Venerable H. She was needing a little love as she had been ignored a little lately and she returned the favor with one of my best shaves ever. You really have to have an H to appreciate how easy, quick, smooth, and super efficient it is. @Bird Lives has it right when he says Schick should have marketed this as a men's travel razor. All I can say is the H holds it's own with my Mighty PAL Injecto Matic and the Inestimable Bunny. :happy036:

AOS Lavender PSO
    Geo Trumper Lime Shaving Soap
    T&H Wellington Super Badger
    Schick Type H1
    Personna (3)
    T&H Classic After Shave Balm

H w:AOS GT TH .JPG

Happy shaving - Karl

Jayaruh, Bird Lives, clint64 and 8 others like this.
  11. Roderick

Roderick Well-Known Member

Schick Saturday
    Stick Schick / Schick (3)
    RazoRock XXX
    Comet Superfine Badger
    Gentlemen's Pride ASB
    RazoRock XXX AS

[​IMG]

Jayaruh, AGHisBBS, clint64 and 8 others like this.
  12. spidey9

spidey9 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Saturday, April 9, 2016

Ernst Scharff Rapide razor
    Rapide wedge blade
    The Grooming Co. synthetic brush
    Stirling Electric Sheep soap
    Pinaud Lilac Vegetal aftershave

Kind of funny - One of the reasons I used to look forward to weekends was because I could skip shaving for a couple of days. Now I look forward to weekends because I can take extra time shaving. This Rapide does require a bit of extra time, as the blade must be stropped before use, and cleaned and stropped afterwards.

It is certainly worth the effort. This was about my 5th shave since honing this blade, and it has really settled in nicely. The first few shaves were a little harsh (probably the result of finishing the honing on .3 micron lapping film). The blade is still crazy wicked sharp, but now smooth as can be, resulting in a mostly BBS shave that was weeper and irritation free.

--Bob

Jayaruh, AGHisBBS, clint64 and 6 others like this.
  13. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

I may have attempted to run twin blades through a Schick A repeater or was it a C.......I'm surely not admitting it on this site though.

14. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

and how did it work out in the Repeater?

15. Bird Lives

He said he wasn't admitting it....
    You're gonna have to pick up the lastest Shaving Star Gazette at your local grocers to read this tidbit of gossip....:happy102:

AGHisBBS, Billyfergie and Karl G like this.
  16. Robyflexx

:Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: ICED WATER SHAVE:Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:

SOTD Sun. 4/10/16
    Pre Shave Cleanser: Noxzema Classic:love029::love055:
    Pre Shave Oil: DG Vitamin E Oil:love029::love055:
    Shave Soap: Arko Shave Stick:love029::love055:
    Shave Brush: Semogue 620 Boar:love029::love055:
    Razor: Schick N1 :love029::love055:
    Blade: Schick Twin (2)
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    After Shave Balm: Stirling Mita:love029::love055::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:
    Soap: Grandpa's Sandalwood & Shea Soap:love029::love055:
    Cologne: Thallium by Yves De Sistelle:love029::love055:
    Good morning friends. Today's iced water shave is the best shave i've ever had in my life! The Schick Twin blade feels better to me on the second day, i didn't even feel the blade on my face. Skin feel is beautiful throughout the shave and post shave it's soft and moisturized. I feel confident saying that after two days of the ice experiment, this is the way i want to shave from now on. The whiskers come off easy and these two shaves have been dolphin smooth with little effort. Did i say i love the N1? :love029: I also absolutely love this Arko stick! :love029: Perfect lather, and i don't find it drying like so many. Have a great shave and a great day folks. :)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
    Jayaruh, AGHisBBS, clint64 and 4 others like this.
  17. Billyfergie

An Injector with Twin Blades is Amazing...Glad you are taken by the Injector System..Very few Go to the trouble of using Twin Blades..They Loose out Big Time so they Do..:)

18. Robyflexx

So much fun to be had with these fine razors...why limit ourselves. This week i'll be shaving with the Gem again also. :)

AGHisBBS, Rufus T. and Billyfergie like this.
  19. Billyfergie

[​IMG]
    Two Pass Shaving Routine...:cool:

Hot Water prep & massage with Argan Oil
    Dutch made Schick Hydro
    Dutch NOS Schick Super Stainless blade
    Leon Hardy Pure Badger
    Vitos Tallow Soap
    Thayer's Witch Hazel

I still cant get my phone to down load..Darn Bugger of a Thing..I had a Darn Fine SR shave yesterday so I decided to pull out the Dutch Hydro & Blade Combo for a follow up Two Pass ATG & XTG Shave this Morning...This Dutch made Hydro/blade Comb is Just Almighty..These blades are so sharp in this Injector..A "Feather like Touch" just like a more Aggressive Type E 2 is required here..Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed...Good Karma..:angelic007:

20. thevez2

thevez2 uses Gillette's new Tarantula Razor - 8 blades!!

Used my Personna floating head razor today. What a great razor!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my Spider-Phone

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.