Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

ice-cubes 3.jpg
    SOTD Thu 4/14/16
    Pre Shave Cleanser: Noxzema Classic:love029::love055:
    Pre Shave Oil: DG Vitamin E:love029::love055:
    Shave Soap: Stirling Cocoa Forest:love029::love055:
    Shave Brush: Semogue 620 Boar:love029::love055:
    Razor: Schick N1 Injector :love029::love055:
    Blade: Schick Super Chromium (3)
    After Shave Balm: Stirling Mita:love029::love055::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:
    Soap: Grandpa's Sandalwood & Shea Soap:love029::love055:
    Cologne: Grey Flannel by Geoffrey Beene:love029::love055:
    [​IMG]

Good morning gentlemen. Dreamy shave this morning with the N1. :love029: Last night i refrigerated my PSO and my MITA balm, what a wonderful face feel and shave it helped produce. Silky, smooth, comfortable my whiskers didn't stand a chance! Smooth in every direction, the N1 is a very efficient razor and this has to do with the head geometry but also i believe these Injector blades don't have very much flex adding to the efficiency. Have a great shave and a great day my friends. :)
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• pic9.jpg
      pic9.jpg
      File size:
      409.4 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
    Jayaruh, Rufus T., Boojum1 and 8 others like this.
  2. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Lloyd, thanks for the complement on the brushes. I know you will enjoy them. As Lloyd has stated I have been "retired" from the brush making and from the forums due to work load issues and my health. My ankle has has major issues in which I have had surgery and I am recovering from. Thanks to all for all the good thoughts and well wishes.

Jayaruh, bladeshark, ObiDon and 10 others like this.
  3. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Ive been dissapointed with mine.....:sad023: The Injectomatic seems too aggressive for my baby face..:sad024:

Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
    Rufus T., Redfisher, Karl G and 4 others like this.
  4. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Billy,
    Is there a difference in shave between the ones with the different colors. If so, what is the difference? Thanks

5. mrchick

Another ice shave with the F.
    SOTD
    Route 66 Cavendish
    Vie-Long horsehair brush
    Schick Type F
    Chick blade (3)
    Alum
    Thayers Witch Hazel
    Florida Water
    Have fun!
    [​IMG]

Jayaruh, Rufus T., Boojum1 and 6 others like this.
  6. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

A couple of new products for my shave; The vie Long Cachurro horse hair brush and LaToja shave cream.

Brush: Vie Long Cachurro Horse Hair: It took awhile to de-funk this brush. I knew i was in trouble when I opened it up, when my dogs showed up and were sniffing and trying to chew on the hair. I'm guessing that they gather a portion of the hair from "the under the tail region" :) Once de-funked, this brush is great! A little floppy (similiar to my Semogue 1305), minimal scritch, but soft on the face and soft tips. No hair loss on the maiden voyage. I'm going to be sticking with this brush for awhile. Because of the metal on the handle; it's quite heavy, which I really like.
    Lather: A recent thread over in the soap section reminded me of my LaToja shave stick, which in turn reminded me of multiple postings from @Bobcat of the love he has for the cream. I'm not disappointed! The same scent and gobs of slick luxurious lather for three full passes, and then some!
    Razor/Blade: GEM pushbutton with CVS carbon blade (3) A great shaver, much better than I expected! This has been my daily driver lately. (The exception; when I have skipped a shave, I use my E-4 injector which makes my whiskers beg for mercy!)
    Aftershave: Heno de Pravia (gifted to me from @whiteboy_cannon ) A very clean, lavender type scent, which is also made in Spain as is the LaToja. the scents do pair nicely.

The sun is out and the temperature is rising in Michigan, enjoy the rest of the week gentlemen!

Mystical (LazyLens 20160413 082146 HD).jpg

Jayaruh, Rufus T., Boojum1 and 7 others like this.
  7. Robyflexx

Very :signs021: brush @Spyder.

8. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Best wishes for a speedy recovery! :happy088:

Rufus T., Billyfergie, Spyder and 2 others like this.
  9. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

April 14, 2016

A month with my Schick Type F

Hot Shower
    Razor: Schick F
    Blade: NOS Schick Ultra Platinum, Holland (1)
    Soap: Proraso Sensitive
    Brush: Rubberset 400-4
    TSD Witch Hazel
    AS: Myrsol Blue

IMG_3972.JPG

Two-day growth, Two-pass shave - XTG, ATG

My 2nd shave with this razor/blade combo. There was something about my first shave with the Dutch blade that seemed to be off, based on my previous experience with the Dutch in other razors. It seemed sharp but not very smooth and nowhere as smooth as the Plus Platinum.

So I changed the blade out. Well that made all the difference. I must have pushed the blade along the blade stop while loading.

Today’s shave was sharp and - as smooth or better than the shaves with the Plus Platinum. This was a great shave!

Experience and advice from the old hands on TSD has taught me to trust my instincts to change out a blade when things don’t seem right. It’s a small cost spent even if you’re wrong about the blade. But it short circuits further complicated problem solving if it actually was the problem.

Cheers!
    RT

Jayaruh, AGHisBBS, Boojum1 and 8 others like this.
  10. whiteboy_cannon

whiteboy_cannon Well-Known Member

I'm glad you like the scent of the aftershave. I was not a fan. Great looking shave!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

11. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

I haven't Noticed any Difference Myself...:)

Billy..:chores016:

AGHisBBS, Rufus T., Redfisher and 3 others like this.
  12. mrchick

So this one is just prettier than my other one then
    Thanks

13. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

Mine is a great shaver I would never consider it to be aggressive....but ya know the ol YMMV thing and all....

AGHisBBS, Rufus T., Karl G and 2 others like this.
  14. Billyfergie

[​IMG]
    They Sure are Pretty..:rah:

Jayaruh, AGHisBBS, Redfisher and 5 others like this.
  15. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Todays Shave.
    [​IMG]
    Razor: Bunny V-2
    Blade: Feather AC cut down (2)
    Soap: Tabac
    Brush: Boar
    AS: Aqua Velva Ice Blu

Tonight I decided to bust out the Bunny. I had a shave with it a few weeks ago. I really liked the Feather with the MILD comb. Tonight switched to the NOTSO. I used Tabac as it currently is my favorite. I can make a great slick lather. I do not over do it applying. I prefer a nice coat that is Yogurt type.

The first pass all N to S. I payed attention to several things tonight. Shave wise I wanted to see how often I needed to rinse my razor. I found I rinsed it 5 times on the first shave. First pass reduction was excellent.

Second pass XTG went just as smooth. I concentrated on a Diagonal pass on my jaw. This seems to work well for me. This pass was real close to BBS. DFS for sure. So I decided to go for broke.

Third pass ATG went great. I used short buffing strokes on my jaw line. finished with a great BBS all over every direction.

I really love this razor. Where can I buy one. :D

Jayaruh, AGHisBBS, Redfisher and 7 others like this.
  16. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Is that a British one?

AGHisBBS, Rufus T., Spyder and 2 others like this.
  17. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Roby

Another fantastic pic.:signs021:

AGHisBBS, Karl G, Spyder and 2 others like this.
  18. Robyflexx

Thank you Tom. :)

AGHisBBS, Karl G, Spyder and 2 others like this.
  19. Billyfergie

Yes it is..Tom..:angelic007:

AGHisBBS, Rufus T., Spyder and 2 others like this.
  20. damnitgoose

damnitgoose Well-Known Member

Gents, Ive heard that ATT is going to be releasing a Single Edge razor that takes AC blades pretty soon. Should be iteresting. I hope it looks a bit different than the Goose, but its hard to improve on perfection.

AGHisBBS, Rufus T., Spyder and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.