What's Your Latest 100 Blade Purchase, And Why??

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by DaltonGang, Apr 15, 2016.

1. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I thought this would be a fun thread to start. It should let people see what blades fellow members are purchasing, and why.
    I have bought many 100 packs of blades, in the past. My latest was 2-100 packs of Feathers. Just because they are great blades, that offer very good longevity, smoothness, and they are very sharp. It didn't hurt that fellow member @Number six brought some back, from overseas for me, which saved me some money.

2. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

It was 100 Ladas and 100 Voskhod from Russia. Why? Because they were dirt cheap and fantastic blades.

3. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

Rapira Stainless Steel - Chrome. I received 2 sample blades with another order and found that they (Chrome) worked very well with my Rockets. Plus 100 for less than ten bucks. A no brainer.

4. waffen

waffen Well-Known Member

Astras, Crystals Israel, Sharks (for some reason they work well for me, not many shaves from them though) and Iam thinking of getting some Derbys...... Oh and DaltonGang any thread started is cool .

5. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Actually my last two purchases of 100 blades - both Astra SP.
    12 cents a blade and they work great for me in ALL my DEs.

6. Bill G

Bill G Well-Known Member

Perma Sharp Supers, my go to blade there always consistently smooth and very sharp. After useing many different blades trying to find the best blade for my course beard growth I found these and never looked back. Normally they can be found for a decent price on Amazon in the 100 pack. They also have performed great in every razor I have tried them in.

Happy Shaves To All,
    Bill G

Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
  7. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

That was helpful brother, i'm gonna look into these...i keep reading great things. :thanks:

macaronus, Lilan, gorgo2 and 2 others like this.
  8. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

ummm. :innocent

100 Astra SP, because I love them
    100 Gillette wilkinson sword, wanted to try them and 100 from ebay was only marginally more expensive then a single tuck
    100 Rapira Super Stainless, same as above
    100 Dorco prime platinums, same as above
    100 Supermax Platinum, Same as above

All in all those 500 blades cost me $40 shipped. and I know that if I don't like them some of my friends here probably do so they wont go to waste.:signs136:

9. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

The only 100-pack I have purchased is of Personna lab blues. I bought those about two months ago. They were already fairly cheap (12 cents each) but Amazon had a $1 off coupon that made it even a better deal.

10. White731

White731 Well-Known Member

Nacet's and GSB's

11. damnitgoose

damnitgoose Well-Known Member

Polsilvers fresh from Bulgaria. Very exciting

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

12. Redrock

Redrock Well-Known Member

100 Derby's. I like them and PIF'd 50 to share with others. At $6.50/free shipping it is a good deal for me. They are especially good in my Gillette adjustable razors.:rah:

13. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
  14. Sir.$-Mad

Sir.$-Mad Well-Known Member

100 pack of Astra SP from Amazon.ca for 17.99, and another 4 bucks for prime shipping so I got it the next day. They're fantastic blades for a very good price.

15. ironthinker

ironthinker Well-Known Member

Perma Sharp Supers, my go to blade there always consistently smooth and very sharp. After using many different blades trying to find the best blade for my course beard growth I found these and never looked back. Normally they can be found for a decent price on Amazon in the 100 pack. They also have performed great in every razor I have tried them in.

You just said it all for me. My last two 100 blade buys were Perma Sharp. Have you noticed how many Russian blades are mentioned on this thread?

Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
  16. mikewood

mikewood Well-Known Member

My latest purchase was 2 100 packs of feathers. That was about a year ago and Each blade is good for between 5-7 days so I have a while to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

My last 100 was a batch of Feathers. I did take advantage of the 2015 Ruble implosion to buy 100 each of Voskhods, Ladas, Astras, and every Rapira variety. I'm experiencing a blade glut.

18. Mr. Freeze93

Mr. Freeze93 Prefers the baby blue dress

Just bought 200 Voskhods, 100 Rapiras, and 100 Ladas. Think I am all set on blades for a while now.

19. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

[​IMG]

20. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

100 Polsilvers. 'Cause I think they are awesome.