In praise of Stirling Soaps...

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Razor Blade X, Sep 18, 2014.

1. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Yes, it was me. :)

2. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

Used the Executive Man this morning. My wife loves that scent but...I just got a sample pack of aftershaves that I won via PIF, and she thinks she likes Mountain Man even better. My top Stirling soaps so far include 3 of the "Mans" (Executive, Sharp Dressed, and Mountain) and barbershop. I'm going to have to try Island Man next, see if Rod can make it 4 for 4 and turn me into a real "Fan of The Mans".

3. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Just a heads up, to all of the menth-heads out there:

A little while back, I asked Rod about doing a special order of Glacial Margaritas in the Arctic. He was kind enough to oblige, and did not make me place too large of an order for it, because he figured there would be enough interest for it to sell. I just received mine today, and he is putting up what is left on the website this weekend. If you love MITA, and always wished it was colder, you should act quickly, because there aren't very many jars of it to begin with, and unless by popular demand, it might not come back. This my friends, is going to be the greatest soap ever made.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1461345256.788432.jpg

Thanks, @ezlovan !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Douglas Carey, ezlovan and Robyflexx like this.
  4. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

On it, :thanks:!!

5. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

@crackstar

Douglas Carey likes this.
  6. ob1page

ob1page Frozen in Phoenix

My quest for menthol has brought me here. I want cold but not eye watering cold. Citrus is by far my favorite scent. Any suggestions are appreciated

7. PickledNorthern

Orange Chill, or Margaritas in the Arctic. Just stay away from anything Glacial.

But you are just going to end up riding the spike with the rest of us soon, anyway....

8. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

:signs011: and he's right, you'll end up frozen in a glacier like the rest of us Ben. :D

PickledNorthern and ob1page like this.
  9. ob1page

ob1page Frozen in Phoenix

I don't doubt this at all, I'm currently using Caties Bubbles Mile High Menthol and I'm adding 6 drops of MBomb to my bowl. I'm definitely addicted

10. PickledNorthern

You should go straight to Glacial then. So right now, Lemon or Glacial Mita if you can get a hold of a jar this weekend.

11. Mr. Freeze93

Mr. Freeze93 Prefers the baby blue dress

6 drops of M-bomb? Forgo the Frozen Tundra and MITA get yourself some Glacials. There is Eskimo Tuxedo (Green Irish Tweed scented with a ton of mentol), Obsidian (Black Anise or Black licorice), Lemon Chill (Smells just like a lemon, Wintergreen (Smells like wintergreen gum), and Spearmint (smells like spearmint gum.)

12. PickledNorthern

The lemon is pure, pure lemon. The MITA really does smell like a Margarita. But if you cannot get a tub of that glacial, you will be bombing the regular.

I do the same thing to my Black Ice and my Orange Chill. Four to six drops, not too big a deal. Big time cold, though.

Douglas Carey and ob1page like this.
  13. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I haven't found a Stirling soap that I didn't like. ;)

14. theFAT98

theFAT98 Well-Known Member

Orange chill!!!!!!!!!!!!! Perfect citrus scent.

Douglas Carey, ob1page and Robyflexx like this.
  15. PickledNorthern

It is one of my most favorites. I do have to say though, that the old Lemony-Orange is my favorite of all time. It wasn't mentholated, but it was AMAZING citrus. I have maybe a half a puck left, and it is almost a special occasion soap.

16. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

Have you tried Texas on Fire...that one is tough to love.

17. PickledNorthern

I hear you on that one! I am as big of a Stirling Fan as exists on planet earth, but that one is NOT for me.

Douglas Carey and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  18. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Can't find the Glacial MITA. I guess they sold out.

19. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

this is silly, but I was just thinking...if someone from the Boston area, with that thick Boston accent, got MITA, and liked it, he'd exclaim "Hey, that Meeter is excellent!!"

20. PickledNorthern

It goes up this weekend: