Adventures of the Bunny in Europe: European pass-around of the Bunny V3

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by macaronus, Feb 21, 2016.

1. Marverel

Marverel Well-Known Member

Yay - I'm next on the list ;)

So I guess I'll have a few more Schick G shaves over the course of the upcoming week just to get used to injectors. I'm really looking forward to trying the Bunny ... everything I've read so far sounded very promising. :happy088:

macaronus, Karl G, BeShaved and 2 others like this.
  2. Tjebbe

Tjebbe Well-Known Member

For the second shave, I went for the MILD comb.
    This might be to mild for me... I think I shaved with too much pressure and delivered me some burn.
    The shave with mild comb is less close for me, so tomorrow I'm going to try the WILD comb.
    A remark, I use a little bowl of water to rinse my razor, but with the Bunny I have to use a running tap to properly clean after a few strokes.

Marverel, macaronus, BeShaved and 3 others like this.
  3. Tjebbe

Tjebbe Well-Known Member

Third shave, I went WILD! For me a little to wild... Altough the balance is good and weight is right, so it's easy to shave with minimal pressure, the shave was to aggressive. Back to the NOTSO comb for the next shave!

Marverel, macaronus, BeShaved and 3 others like this.
  4. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

:happy088:

BeShaved, Marverel and Karl G like this.
  5. Tjebbe

Tjebbe Well-Known Member

For the fourth shave I went back to the NOTSO comb and thus for me is the best combination.
    Light touch and good balance and then I have a nice shave. BBS is not blindly achieved but it's a fine shave.
    In the package I found some twin blades as well, so tomorrow I'm going to try one of them..

macaronus, BeShaved, twhite and 2 others like this.
  6. Tjebbe

Tjebbe Well-Known Member

The fifth shave, I wanted to do with the twin blade, but this morning bladechanging did not go according plan and I didn't want to force the blade in.
    So another shave with the Schick blade, maybe another try tomorrow morning loading the twin..

7. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

They can be a bit tight loading. Take your time to get it started. Once it starts, the old blade will be loose. It may want to fall out. Hold the razor so the blades are parallel to the ground. That way the blade will not fall out. Go slow and watch that the twin does not hit the stops.

Tom

Karl G and BeShaved like this.
  8. Tjebbe

Tjebbe Well-Known Member

So, slow and easy, better be doing it this evening and start shaving in the morning ;-)

9. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Now that is REALLY SLOW.

Rufus T., macaronus, Karl G and 3 others like this.
  10. Tjebbe

Tjebbe Well-Known Member

11. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

Ladies and germs...we have a winner!

12. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

To all on the pass around who have, iris going to have the Bunny. I just wanted to say if you have Feather AC blades. Give them a go. I have 5 shaves on my bunny right now and the shave is stupendous. I happen to be using the NOTSO.

I try to stay off the thread and not say anything, so not to sway people. But the Feather is performing marvelously.

That is all, over and out.

Tom

13. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Excellent suggestion, Tom! But aren't those blades too long?

Karl G, twhite and BeShaved like this.
  14. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Yes they are. All you need to do is cut it to length from one side only. Then load it in your dispenser. Making sure you put the unmodified end facing out. That way it loads properly.

Tom

Billyfergie, Karl G, BeShaved and 2 others like this.
  15. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Thank you, Tom! I'll keep it in mind next time I'm ordering blades!

16. Marverel

Yay - the Bunny is here :happy088:

bunny.jpg

First impression: looks just beautiful, has a nice weight - I'm really looking forward to my first shave later today.

BeShaved, Billyfergie, Karl G and 3 others like this.
  17. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Looking forward to your impressions buddy, have fun! :happy036:

18. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

The Bunny is having a go in Europe!

The list as it stands:

Macaronus (The Shave Room & The Shave Den)
    MJClark (The Shave Room thread)
    Nisse (The Shave Room thread)
    Tjebbe (The Shave Den thread)

Marverel (The Shave Den thread)
    Karsten (The Shave Room thread)
    ChiefShaver (The Shave Den thread)
    RSSO (The Shave Room thread)

=> The list is open, so if you want, you can still join in! <=

Legend:
    waiting
    on the way to
    currently with

completed

BeShaved, Karl G and Robyflexx like this.
  19. Marverel

Okay - so here's my initial evaluation of the Bunny razor.

As I said before ... it is a beautiful razor with nice weight and balance. You just have to admire the workmanship on the Bunny.

My setup: Bunny with Jeeves "Turkish Bath" and Mühle STF.

2504.jpg

I decided to load a Personna blade first, because those are the ones I use in my Schick G. Blade change was pretty simple and trouble-free ... I just had to twist the magazine slightly after pushing in the key (guess it paid off that I watched Tom's video first ;)). The razor arrived here with the "notso" comb mounted, so I just left it that way.

As soomeone stated in another thread (I think it was @Rufus T. ): This razor is unlike any other you might have used before. Different shaving angle, different head style ... and a different blade exposure compared to my Schick. So I was pretty cautious and used the lightest possible touch with the first few strokes - and at the same time tried to figure out the best "angle of attack". I just relied on acoustic instead of visual feedback. And this would be one minor point of citicism: Because of the "overhang" of the top plate/spring it's pretty difficult to visually determine where the blade edge actually is. It makes the head unneccesarily bulky:

over.jpg

compared to the Schick:

under.jpg

I wear a goatee and shaving around it was actually not the easiest task. But maybe it just takes some time getting used to.

goat.jpg

Compared to the Schick I felt the blade a bit more with the Bunny. BUT the bunny is by no means aggressive or bitey ... on the contrary. Especially against the grain I think it was even more comfortable than the Schick with the same blade.

With the first pass WTG I found it a little difficult to keep the correct angle all the time ... but I guess it just takes a little practice. First I thought "why didn't Tom angle the handle a bit more", but the longer I used it the more natural it felt. You just have to use a different grip than with standard razors.

Two passes (no touchups) left my face BBS almost everywhere (missed a few small spots along the jawline). Very impressive for a first shave. Now I have to decide what to do tomorrow: Change the blade or switch from "notso" to "wild" comb?

BeShaved, Rufus T., macaronus and 6 others like this.
  20. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

The goatee will be fine once you get used to where the blade is. Great review.

edit: fixed phone typing

Last edited: Apr 25, 2016