In praise of Stirling Soaps...

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Razor Blade X, Sep 18, 2014.

1. theFAT98

theFAT98 Well-Known Member

You must smell like Wrigley gum

2. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

I got in a tub of Electric Sheep this week. This is an awesome soap! I love Rod's mutton tallow formula, and this scent is the schniznay. Unless you are SURE you are a citronella fan, I would take Rod's advice and get a sample first. This scent is totally a love it or hate it kind of thing, but if you are in the love it camp, it is one of those you daydream about. It also washes off cleanly, so a dude can have his fifteen minutes of alone time with it, then pick an AS. Easily in my top five Stirling's.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Thank you for the review brother! :)

PickledNorthern likes this.
  4. PickledNorthern

Douglas Carey and Robyflexx like this.
  5. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I used the new acquisition which is the Glacial MITA soap this morning and I'm absolutely in love with it. The lather works up even easier than the regular MITA which is easy as ABC and the menthol effect can make a polar bear want to move to the Caribbean. Both soaps smell identically beautiful and have the same perfect skincare! :happy088: :happy088:

6. Robyflexx

Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill Balm not only packs a face freezing wallop but offers wonderfully soothing, moisturizing post shave skin care. [​IMG]

7. crackstar

I have to get some of that too! ;)

8. Robyflexx

It warmed my heart Jeff! :love029::love055:

crackstar and ob1page like this.
  9. crackstar

It comes straight from my heart, buddy!

10. PickledNorthern

It is amazing!

11. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I tried the Glacial MITA, and liked the scent. The chill factor was just right, not too much. I made the mistake of topping it off with Fine Snakebite Aftershave, that has about 10 or so extra menthol crystals added. Major face freeze, watery eyes, and several minute of very clear sinuses.
    Next time, no Fine.

12. GatorJoe

GatorJoe Well-Known Member

Does anyone know the diameter of a Stirling refill soap puck?

Douglas Carey likes this.
  13. IDuck

IDuck Well-Known Member

dont know if you are asking because you are looking for a container, but they are soft and and you can "press" them into just about any size you want.

14. TitanTTB

TitanTTB Well-Known Member

3 inch diameter

15. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Ditto on pressing them.

16. GatorJoe

GatorJoe Well-Known Member

Thanks. Will fit perfectly in an Old Spice mug. Good to know the pucks press easily too.

17. TitanTTB

TitanTTB Well-Known Member

I've used a couple of refill pucks in an OS mug and it fit perfectly, no grating or pressing required.

Douglas Carey, GatorJoe and Robyflexx like this.
  18. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

May I have a review of Stirling's Mountain Man from anyone?? Thanks in advance.

19. crackstar

I used the Glacial Eskimo Tuxedo this morning which needless to say, froze my face off. That soap has such a typically wicked menthol sensation which gets stronger and stronger during each pass. The lather is so easy to create now - so much better since Rod reformulated these soaps!

20. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Y'know, he was kind enough to copy and paste the most recent Exec. Man Shaving Soap reviews for me. (Silly computer appears to avoid those reviews...dunno why).