Drill Here, Drill Now, Pay Less!!

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by jfever311, Jun 30, 2008.

1. jfever311

jfever311 Active Member

2. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Well, from my point of view it would be time to look for alternatives, cars with higher MPG ratio, public transportation systems etc. Just supporting and prolonging a lifestyle that has to end in a few decades anyway is not a solution.

3. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

+1

4. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

Drill deep and drill often!!!! about time!!!!!!!

Raf

5. Damon

Damon Member

Back in the 90's if we would of had our automotive industries working as hard as are computer semiconductor industry did we would be moving fast and efficiently with alternative means. Instead they took the same philosophy that Microsoft has, put out a product that will keep the people dependent on that product by flooding the market globally. Don't improve it's structure just change its appearance a little to make it look like its been improved.

6. jfever311

jfever311 Active Member

We have had public transportation for a long time. There are vehicles on the market that get 40 to 60 mpg, and there are alternative fuel options already. Still, we need the oil NOW. Of course, science and industry need to put alot more effort into finding a better long term solution, but for right now, we need to tap into the resources we have under our own shores. Support the cause folks and sign the petition.

7. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

There is really no need to re-link the petition again since we are already seeing it in the Original Post. I will remove the second link for keeping things simple in here.

Also, I know I don't have to say it but let's have a good discussion considering this is a hot button topic. :D

8. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

Jf,

I joined and signed the petition. Thanks for the link. Any current news topic can be consider a hot button topic. I believe we can discuss this issue as adults.

Raf

9. jfever311

jfever311 Active Member

No problem at all. You have my word that any response from me to another post will be done in a tactful manner. This is too important of an issue to cloud the discussion with rudeness and hostility.

10. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido New Member

11. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

um.....FWIW, we've had alternate solutions for awhile but for whatever reasons have chosen not to allow them into our (USofA) markets.
    Check the date on this link:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5816837/

and, just so's ya know
    These cars are gonna be available in Cali-four-nia next year.

12. Dr. Mike

Dr. Mike New Member

I think we need to move forward on all fronts. Yes, we do need to develop alternatives. It is important for many reasons, including the fact that our large consumption of oil helps keep prices high and pumps revenues into the coffers of countries like Iran (although we don't buy from them, it is the concept of the rising tide raising all ships - they benefit from the high prices) which channel a lot of money into terrorism.

But exploring alternatives does not address the issue here and now. What alternatives we now have are not available in sufficient numbers to completely shift over, and doing so is still going to take many years. In the meantime, we still depend on oil, and will likely still need it even if we shift to alternatives.

By declaring that we will open up more of our resources, this should alleviate some of the pressure in the futures markets, and potentially bring down the costs in oil that derive from this market. All it would take is for Iran to threaten to close the Straits of Hormuz, and prices will skyrocket even higher than they now are - I'd like to be prepared for such an occurrence.

Oh, and we need to get better educated about nuclear power and make that a key part of any and all energy policies in this country - France is already generating 80% of their electricity from nuclear power, and have surplus energy to sell to other European nations. And their combined radioactive waste is small enough to house in a single building. We need to get on board.

13. denmason

denmason Uncle Dennis

Anyone here know about Gull Island? Alaska? 1977?? That's when Atlantic Richfield found the largest pool of oil in North America and possibly the world. There is enough oil there for America for the next 200 years. Guess what? There are 2 pools in that area and they are almost equal in size. Do the math. But, so far not one drop has been used by anyone. It was suppressed. Nice.
    Also, anyone remember what good ol' Henry Kissinger was up to at about the same time? He made deals with the Saudis under the condition that the Saudis would only take US dollars for their oil, and would then have to invest those dollars back into US government securities. Yeah, the Saudis would finance the U.S. government deficits! Get the picture? So, if we don't get oil from the you know who's, and decide to use our own oil........ who's gonna finance the U.S. deficit? We will go belly up fast. We have been transformed from the world's largest creditor nation in to the world's biggest debtor nation. Time for some house cleaning.
    Here's a little video. The man's name is Lindsey Williams. I found him hard to listen to due to his dragging out way of speaking, but he has very good info.... and from first hand experience. The video is in 8 parts, start here: http://video.google.com/videosearch...N&tab=wv#q=lindsey williams&hl=en&sitesearch=

Huhmmm, no one seems to look at the world bankers, The Rothschild's the Rockefellers and so on. These folks have enough wealth and power to easily influence nations... such as the U.S. They are the ones that want a New World Order. It's my belielf that it is they who are setting fuel prices and food prices. If you wanted to control the world or most of it, how would you do it? Myself, I would raise food prices. One way to do that is to raise fuel prices. Keep edging it up and soon people will be suffering. Some will lose their jobs, homes and many will be homeless. As we go into the coming depression during September, you'll see banks closing. The home loan companies will be wanting to collect on your loans. A major credit crisis some time in the next three months would have the fecal matter impacting the fan during the thick of the general election race here in the States. Anyone wonder what kind of effect that would have on the outcome?
    It’s rare that a major institution puts out bad news in such an unvarnished and direct manner, but have a read on what the RBS issued last week:

The Royal Bank of Scotland has advised clients to brace for a full-fledged crash in global stock and credit markets over the next three months as inflation paralysis the major central banks. “A very nasty period is soon to be upon us - be prepared,” said Bob Janjuah, the bank’s credit strategist. A report by the bank’s research team warns that the S&P 500 index of Wall Street equities is likely to fall by more than 300 points to around 1050 by September as “all the chickens come home to roost” from the excesses of the global boom, with contagion spreading across Europe and emerging markets.

I know I'm wandering off the thread topic a bit, sorry.
    I don't think that the oil companies or the governments set oil prices at all. I think the world bankers do.