The Fellowship of Cold Water Shavers

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Jayaruh, Mar 26, 2016.

1. navy mac

navy mac Well-Known Member

Robyflexx is the one who introduced me to cold water shaves and I thank him daily for my comfort and regained excitement for shaving. FCWS is a very supportive community that is always open to trying new things and the people here are some of the best.

Warning cold water shaving becomes more addictive and has led me to being a menthol head, now I put menthol in everything. Oh and may I suggest some info that was given to me. Put your aftershave and witch hazel in the refrigerator for a truly chilling experience.

Bama Samurai, Herm2502, PLAla and 2 others like this.
  2. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

:)

navy mac and ob1page like this.
  3. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

are those ice crystals(flanking the puck)?

Robyflexx, navy mac and PLAla like this.
  4. navy mac

Four trays of ice cubes

Paul Turner, Robyflexx and ob1page like this.
  5. Joef

Joef Well-Known Member

You have to jump up and down on one leg, say hay moe 20 times fast and renounce all other shaving techniques.

Just kidding, welcome to the club.

6. Robyflexx

:happy102:

Joef and navy mac like this.
  7. Robyflexx

[​IMG]
    SOTD Tue. 5/3/16
    Pre Shave Cleanser: Noxzema Classic:love029::love055:
    Pre Shave Oil: @ob1page Citrus:love029: :love055:
    Shave Soap: Route 66 Lumberjack:love029::love055:
    Shave Brush: VDH Badger:love029::love055:
    Razor: 1970 P4 Black Beauty (9):love029::love055:
    Blade: Ladas
    After Shave Balm: Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill:love029::love055::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:
    After Shave Splash: Stirling Glacial Spearmint :love029::love055::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:
    Soap: Grandpa's Patchouli/Aloe Soap:love029::love055:
    Cologne: Thallium by Yves De Sistelle:love029::love055:
    [​IMG]
    Good morning guys. Sublime shave this morning with the BB and Route 66 Lumberjack.:love029: Three smooth wonderfully easy passes with a setting of 9 and the sharp Ladas blade. This soap fills the room with heavenly sweet aroma! :love055: The Glacial Lemon Chill balm finished this shave in icy soothing style. Have a great shave and a great day gents. :)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 3, 2016
  8. Paul Turner

I wish it were that easy to join frats and sororities

9. Robyflexx

[​IMG]
    SOTD Wed. 5/4/16
    Pre Shave Cleanser: Noxzema Classic:love029::love055:
    Pre Shave Oil: Shave Secret :love029::love055:
    Shave Soap: PPA CiderHouse 5:love029::love055:
    Shave Brush: Semogue 620 Boar:love029::love055:
    Razor: 1959 E2 FatBoy (9):love029::love055:
    Blade: Ladas
    After Shave Balm: Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill:love029::love055::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:
    After Shave Splash: Stirling Glacial Spearmint :love029::love055::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:
    Soap: Grandpa's Patchouli/Aloe Soap:love029::love055:
    Cologne: 1881 by Cerruti:love029::love055:
    [​IMG]

Good morning friends. The FatBoy on a setting of 9 with a Ladas provided a blissfully close smooth shave today. First shave with a PAA soap and this one is CiderHouse 5, graciously PIF'ed by a friend. It's such a wonderful soap i can't begin to explain what an easy yogurty, slick, beautifully scented lather this whipped into face lathered. To me it smells a bit like pumpkin and gingerbread oh, how lovely! :love055: Glacial Lemon Chill balm provided that icy finish i crave for a wonderful start to the day. Have a great shave and a great day folks. :)
    [​IMG]

10. Robyflexx

ice-cubes 3.jpg
    SOTD Thu. 5/5/16
    Prep: Noxzema Classic:love029::love055:
    PSO: Shave Secret:love029::love055:
    SS: PAA 1K:love029::love055:
    SB: Semogue 620 Boar:love029::love055:
    Razor: Muhle R41/RR Jaws:love029::love055:
    Blade: Personna Lab Blue
    ASB: Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill:love029::love055::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:
    Shower Soap Bar: Grandpa's Patchouli/Aloe:love029::love055:
    Cologne: 1-12 by Halston:love029::love055:
    FCWS2.gif

Good day gentlemen. Dolphin smooth 3 pass shave today with angles adjusted for my growth. So glad i pulled this handle from my den today, perfect balance and grip for the R41 head and i very much like the looks of it as well. The PAA soaps continue to impress this 1K soap is distinctly licorice through and through and much to my surprise I love it. Easy to load, explosion of slick, cushiony, voluminous face lathering goodness. Hope you all do as well or better. Have a great day friends. :)
    pic32.jpeg

Last edited: May 5, 2016
  11. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

I think I misunderstood and did this while shaving. The doctor said my plastic surgery should go well and repair everything. LOL

I have continued to cold water shave this week. The shaves are nice, but I'm not sure I'm noticing a big difference. But, I'm still going so we'll see what happens!

navy mac, Joef, ob1page and 2 others like this.
  12. George X

George X Well-Known Member

I tried a cold shave today. No pictures but...a very nice shave. The difference was immediately obvious. The audible sound the blade made was more pronounced and it felt like it was cutting MORE than usual. The feel of the blade was also more noticeable, not in an uncomfortable way, but in a way that if I left the bath fan on I knew the blade and not the cap was in contact with the skin. I did my usual 3 pass and touch-up. I will try again tomorrow with a new blade and see if touch up a not required.

Thanks to the cold water shavers for posting your experiences and bringing this way of shaving to my attention. Now on to the paraphernalia used.

Pre shave cleanser Jack Black Pure Clean
    Pre Shave Oil: Dreadnaught Ultimate
    Shave Cream: Prosaro Aloe and Vitamin E
    Shave Brush: The Body Shop Synthetic
    Razor: Merkur 38c HD
    Blade: Dorco day 3
    After Shave Balm: Geo F. Trumpers Sandalwood

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jayaruh, navy mac, Joef and 3 others like this.
  13. Robyflexx

Fantastic @George X! I'm very happy your first CWS went so well. Looking forward to your thoughts on the next one with a new blade. :)

navy mac, ob1page and PLAla like this.
  14. Robyflexx

[​IMG]
    SOTD Fri. 5/6/16
    Prep: Noxzema Classic:love029::love055:
    PSO: Shea Moisture Shave:love029::love055:
    SS: Strop Shoppe Date Night :love029::love055:
    SB: Semogue 620 Boar:love029::love055:
    Razor: Muhle R41/RR Jaws:love029::love055:
    Blade: Personna Lab Blue
    ASB: Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill:love029::love055::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:
    Shower Soap Bar: Grandpa's Patchouli/Aloe:love029::love055:
    Cologne: Thallium by Yves De Sistelle:love029::love055:
    [​IMG]
    Good morning everyone. After a seemingly endless run of perfect shaves, I had an uncharacteristically bad shave today. Two nicks which promptly closed up with the ice water and one cut under my left nostril that bled for a bit. Examining my shave there are only two things i did differently today. I snatched a Personna blade off my den shelf unsure of how many shaves are on it (I generally toss a blade after one use) and I used a PSO by Shea Moisture Shave which I really hated in the past, (tossed it in the garbage). For my third pass I reached for the N1 injector and salvaged this shave ending in a true BBS. Back to the drawing board tomorrow. Have a great day and a great weekend in advance guys. :)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 6, 2016
  15. George X

George X Well-Known Member

My takeaway...after a run of perfect shaves, that one uncharacteristic bad shave is just around the corner. I'm proceeding with caution

navy mac, PLAla, Joef and 1 other person like this.
  16. navy mac

Sorry to hear about the less than perfect shave neither but I'm sure the child healed it up fast.

Robyflexx likes this.
  17. Robyflexx

The ice water certainly helped close everything up buddy. :)

navy mac likes this.
  18. waffen

waffen Well-Known Member

Good morning fellow ice water shavers! Fri morning day off shave as you can see from the pic no commentary needed. Roby saw your Doppelgäner in Santa Rosa last night, almost ask him if he was Roby the ice shaver, l am sure he would have thought I was a 51/50 ....Mike

Oh and coffee in Harley mug.... Costco Fog Chaser
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[​IMG]

Last edited: May 14, 2016
  19. Robyflexx

I have a twin?!! :happy036:

navy mac and ob1page like this.
  20. Paul Turner

Is your shower soap similar to Grandpa's Pine Tar Soap?

navy mac and Robyflexx like this.