The Fellowship of Cold Water Shavers

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Jayaruh, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

It is! It's a Grandpa's brand soap with patchouli scent. Same great lather Paul. :)

navy mac and Paul Turner like this.
  2. George X

George X Well-Known Member

Cold water shave repeat and I like it. This mornings CWS was better than my first. I was expecting the normal 3 pass with clean up, but no, this was my first ever 2 pass plus clean up. I believe the difference maker was the delivery of my new Evhas DE. When I ordered the Evahs, there was a recommended pair this with Personna blades and I did. I installed a brand new never tried before blade in the brand new never tried before razor and proceeded to do a once tried before CWS. I am a CWS fan and for those that haven't tried it, you have to do it a least once.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. Robyflexx

Awesome! I'm very glad you like the Evahs, it's one of my very favorite razors and it's also beautifully made and finished. Welcome to the club George. Here is a banner for you! :)
    [​IMG]

4. George X

George X Well-Known Member

Thanks for the recommendation and the banner

5. Robyflexx

Glad to be of help George. :)

6. waffen

waffen Well-Known Member

Pretty much

navy mac and Bama Samurai like this.
  7. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

:happy088::happy096:

waffen and navy mac like this.
  8. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

So just an update:

I know that originally, I committed to a week of cold water shaves, just to try it out. I guess I have what would be called a tough face, (I sure know it looks beaten on ): I wasn't having any trouble with my shaves, I just wanted to see what was up with the hype.

I am just guessing, but I would say that was five or six weeks ago, and I am still cold shaving every day, and love it. Just for the invigoration, it is awesome. I have at least gotten to the point where I have stopped reaching for the hot water knob on my sink.

I still honestly, can't imagine doing this when winter sets in again. I know you guys say it doesn't matter, but I am respectfully reserving my opinion until below zero temps set in.

Cold Water Shaver Dabbler Recruit, signing out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jayaruh, navy mac, Joef and 5 others like this.
  9. Robyflexx

[​IMG]
    MENTHOL MADNESS

SOTD Sat. 5/7/16
    Prep: Burt's Bees Chamomile & Soap Bark:love029::love055:
    PSO: Shave Secret:love029::love055:
    SS: Stirling Glacial MITA :love029::love055::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:
    SB: Semogue 620 Boar:love029::love055:
    Razor: Schick N1:love029::love055:
    Blade: Chick Blade
    ASB: Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill:love029::love055::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:
    AS: Stirling Glacial Spearmint:Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:
    Shower Soap Bar: Grandpa's Patchouli/Aloe:love029::love055:
    Cologne: Lapidus by Ted Lapidus:love029::love055:
    [​IMG]
    Good morning friends. Redemption today with a wonderful shave after yesterday's fiasco. The Glacial MITA provided loads of creamy, slick, bone chilling lather while the N1 fitted with a Chinese Schick blade (Chick) made short work of my whiskers. Thank's @Billyfergie for the recommendation they are awesome! Freezing finish for this menthol freak with Glacial Lemon Chill balm and then Glacial Spearmint after shave splash. (brrr) Have a great weekend guys. :)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 7, 2016
  10. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I hope Grandpa makes a Babershop fragrance soap(or better yet, bodywash)

navy mac likes this.
  11. waffen

waffen Well-Known Member

Yeah Pickled I love ice water shaves, and even though the winters aren't to bad in no. California I getting getting up in the dark, having my fog chaser coffee from Costco, hot shower and shave.

12. waffen

waffen Well-Known Member

I am blaming Roby for my addiction to cold (ice) water shaves ha

Jayaruh, navy mac, Herm2502 and 6 others like this.
  13. Robyflexx

That's a compliment! :thanks:

14. waffen

waffen Well-Known Member

15. ob1page

ob1page Frozen in Phoenix

Me too...thanks!

16. Robyflexx

:)

navy mac, Joef, Bama Samurai and 2 others like this.
  17. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Respect. That's @crackstar level ninja stuff.

18. Robyflexx

:D

navy mac likes this.
  19. Robyflexx

[​IMG]
    MENTHOL MADNESS
    SOTD Sun. 5/8/16
    Prep: Noxzema Classic:love029::love055:
    PSO: RR Essential Oil of Lime:love029::love055:
    SS: TSD Ized SubZero Shave Stick :love029::love055::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:
    SB: Semogue 620 Boar:love029::love055:
    Razor: Pal Injecto-Matic :love029::love055:
    Blade: Schick Super Chromium
    ASB: Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill:love029::love055::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:
    AS: Stirling Glacial Spearmint:love029::lyrtuy5::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:
    Shower Soap Bar: Grandpa's Patchouli/Aloe:love029::love055:
    Cologne: Avant-Garde by Lanvin :love029::love055:
    [​IMG]
    Good morning guys. First shave this morning with my new to me Pal Injecto-Matic and what a wonderful shave it was! This razor is silky smooth and efficient beyond my other injectors and on par with my Schick adjustable in terms of aggression. Dolphin smooth after 3 passes with ease. I'm using it again tomorrow, it's that good. I would like to thank @Karl G for tipping me off to it. Frozen face again today and loving it, what a great start to the day. Have a great day friends! :)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 8, 2016
  20. BeShaved

BeShaved Well-Known Member

I tried it last night. I love how cold water shave performed. I think I will use this method all the time.
    Indonesia is too hot to use a warm water shave.

Jayaruh, navy mac, Joef and 3 others like this.