Cobra Razor Owners Club (CROC)

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Boojum1, Dec 11, 2015.

1. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Mmmm...Cobra Classic.... :)

Douglas Carey and clint64 like this.
  2. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I know. I get weak in the knees just looking at it. On the downside it is a fingerprint magnet.

Douglas Carey likes this.
  3. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

[​IMG]

Had 4 shaves so far this month with the Cobra Classic. Initial impressions are very favorable. The Cobra is more aggressive than the Mongoose with the Cobra loaded with a Feather Pro shaving similar to a Mongoose with a Feather Super Pro.

Hodge, Douglas Carey, Boojum1 and 2 others like this.
  4. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

New Cobra Classic

IMG_3759.jpg

5. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Boojum1 likes this.
  6. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

So Mark, did you pick up a 2nd CC, I thought you already had one along with your King?
    Excellent pic and setup today!

I might be in possession of a 2nd CC. My brother in law is going over to straights and is sending me his SE/Injector razors or so he states.

Douglas Carey and Robyflexx like this.
  7. Boojum1

You lucky Guy! ;) I sold my first CC to @clint64. I missed taking pictures of it. I'm thinking about getting it cerakoted blue. Which reminds me. Love the blue Seygus. cheers.gif

Douglas Carey, ram57 and clint64 like this.
  8. Boojum1

Thanks buddy!

Douglas Carey and clint64 like this.
  9. Number six

Number six Well-Known Member

Having great shaves with the Cobra Classic. I do three light passes and there is no need for touchup. Someone gave the advice to use 'negative pressure', in other words thinking that the razor is pulling away from the face, and this has helped to control the intensity of the shave.

It's taken a few shaves to get used to the shorter handle, but the shape and ridges make it easy to maneuver. I like to use a new razor for several consecutive shaves to really get a feel for it and develop familiarity. Each shave has been a little better. So far the CC is a BBS machine.

I've already had 4 shaves with the Feather Pro and it's as sharp as shave one. With the Mongoose I've gotten 10+ shaves so I expect similar results from the CC.

If you'll have me I'm in (CROC that is).

Cobra and BSB-2.jpg

10. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

A blue CC, Purdy!!. Haven't seen one in blue yet. I too was thinking of sending mine to DE but decided against it as I think the layer(s) of cerakote would make it a little tough to seat the blades. Right now they are snug with Pro and super snug with the Super Pro and don't think the supers will fit if I had it coated. Could be just my razor as I have read some classics are snug while others are not. QA issue?

As for the Seygus, can say not for me. Have tried with Feather and GSB and not aggressive enough for me. Mild like the Feather AS-D1 which was milder than the AS-D2 that I have now and not as efficient. Maybe with a heavier handle it would be better but not enough to sway me.

11. Boojum1

I never considered that. It looks great the way it is. I can live with it. I agree on the Seygus, I plan on selling mine. It leaves too much behind.

Douglas Carey, clint64 and ram57 like this.
  12. Boojum1

Welcome Chris! The CC truly is a BBS machine. :happy096:

13. Number six

Number six Well-Known Member

Thanks!

14. spidey9

spidey9 Well-Known Member

Oboy! Another Club to join! :happy093:

My newest toy:

[​IMG]

I've wanted a Cobra Classic for years but never seemed to connect during the incredibly brief periods of time when Classic Shaving actually had them in stock. I finally managed to strike a deal with a member of another shaving forum, so here I am. This appears to be an earlier model, as the Feather Super Pro blades won't fit. This isn't an issue for me, as after a couple of shaves I've concluded that the Cobra is plenty aggressive with the Feather Pro blade.

Wary of its reputation, my first shave featured a Kai Titan Mild and I quickly determined that its not the face shredder that some make it to be. I quickly moved to the Feather Pro and that seems to be the perfect combination for me - super close but buttery smooth.

Today's shave:

[​IMG]

Friday the 13th!

Cobra Classic
    Feather AC Pro (2)
    The Grooming Co. synthetic brush
    WSP Gaelic Tweed soap & aftershave

I'm amazed at how close this razor shaves without producing weepers or any irritation. :happy088:

--Bob

15. mmlodzik

mmlodzik New Member

16. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Lucky you Amigo. :)

clint64 likes this.
  17. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Boojum1, Billyfergie and clint64 like this.
  18. Boojum1

Welcome to the club!

Douglas Carey likes this.
  19. Boojum1

Friday, September 2, 2016

King Cobra with UFO TiTan Fine
    Feather Pro Super #3
    Paladin Strawberry Amber Chief Finest
    Wickham's 1912 Club Cola
    Fine L'Orange Noir

[​IMG]

20. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

I finally scooped up a Cobra Classic last night (pics to follow), so will be joining the club shortly.:bounce015: