Canadian Bunny Razor Pass Around

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Hodge, Feb 19, 2016.

1. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Excellent review. It was very thorough and informative for others down the line.

Well done

Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Great review and SOTD photo, especially for a first attempt.

3. jmzeitouni

jmzeitouni Active Member

Second shave : Minimalist Shave

Razor : Bunny V3 (comb mild !)
    Blade : Personna Teflon coated (2)
    Pre-shave : Hudson Made Juniper Myrrh Beard & Shave Oil
    Cream : Aesop Moroccan Neroli Shaving Serum
    Brush : Edwin Jäger synthetic silver tip
    Post shave : Ursua Major face balm

[​IMG]

My idea of an efficient shave is always to try to get the best & closest shave with the least aggressive razor and the least number of strokes possible. Mind you, I don't always aim for the most efficient shave. I like to experiment, to dig, to buff, to push the limits. The great pleasure I have perfecting this ritual is not always in the direction of the practical, but some days, I'm limited with time, so I perfected techniques and some products combinations that allow me to get great results with less aggression and less time.

I woke up this morning with this idea in mind. "What is the bunny was the only razor I owned, and that I had to perform a second shave of the day with it?"

So with less that 15 hours of stubble, I proceeded to a quick shave, using less traditional products, along with the mild comb in the Bv3.

I have to say one more time, how ingenious I think this design is with the 3 open comb plates. Switching from one to another is easy and precise. The Mild comb was just as good for me as the not-so. With technique, I could get as deep
    As with the not-so, but the basic stroke was indeed milder, resulting actually in a wider spectrum of possibilities. Ideal for little stubble in very sensitive spots.

The shaving serum I used creates a very thin, watery foam (this is not the place for a review on the shaving soap, I know...) so the feeling of the blade on the face is very acute. That is the beauty of this product (and I've heard so many people hate it, but I do love it for he same reason). There is not cushion per se, just a little bit of help for slickness (and instant soothing of the skin because of the ingredients contained in it - sometimes even AS seems superfluous). Other that that, it's just the blade across the skin, and if you like that feeling, the feedback is incredible !!!

The Bv3 was perfect for this kind of shave : light and maneuverable. The experience I'm getting is phenomenal, getting acquainted with this razor is really fun, and I feel the little experience I have already serves me well.

A quick 4 pass + touch ups in 10 minutes (including the picture taking) What I call an efficient shave.

My hat's off to the maker !!!

(More in the next few days : Possibly Wild with ultra tick lather...)

JMZ

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Billyfergie, BeShaved, twhite and 8 others like this.
  4. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Very nice post again with lots of info. :thanks:

5. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Good review of the BV3. Thanks for your post. :happy088:

6. Roderick

Roderick Well-Known Member

Douglas Carey, BeShaved and Karl G like this.
  7. jmzeitouni

jmzeitouni Active Member

3rd and last shave : The Luxury shave !

Razor Bv3 (comb : Wild)
    Blade : Personna Teflon coated (3)
    Pre shave : the pre-shave, Castle Forbes
    Soap : P.160 Tipo Morbido (Razorock version)
    Brush : Simpson Chubby 3 Manchurian
    Post shave : Saint James, Lavender & Geranium

[​IMG]

I skipped a day, to rest the skin and get ready for the Wild comb.

I showered before to soften the skin and applied a very nice pre shave. The Bv3 equipped with the Wild comb made mincemeat of 2 days of stubble. After a single pass, I had very similar impression I get while shaving with the Cobra & a pro super : the skin is a bit under a shock, but we're almost there. I did 3 more passes, but they were very light and detail oriented. Adding pressure in trouble spots and even re-lathered for a 5th & 6th pas under the chin, just for the sheer pleasure of getting absolutely everything. I have to say that the wonderful scent of this Italian style soap combined with the copious amount of lather left, was kind of an invitation to keep shaving.

All in all, 20 minutes of pure joy and great results.

The 3 comb combination, is (I repeat myself I know) absolutely wonderful. I compare it more to shaving with 3 different razors, as opposed to 3 different settings on the same razor. This is the beauty of this system IMO. 3 slightly different angles and a wide range of variation of technique possible, to obtain the best possible outcome every time. The much desired BBS. And the product delivers the promise. If you like injectors, (especially vintage work of art), you'll love the Bunny Razor. It combines everything I love about those (including the nostalgia factor) and some nice modern engineering features that add to the performance.

I'm surprised to say that, if this razor was to come with only ONE of the combs, I'd probably choose the mild one, because I think I'd be able to achieved the same results, with less aggression and more "power" in the hands of the shaver as opposed to the razor. But of course, I'd be glad to have all 3, and why not, even suggest a couple more (a very mild closed comb and ultra-wild more spaced open comb) to have even more fun experimenting.

Tonight, I'll get the razor ready for the next person in line, and I'll add a couple more blades.

Thank you again to allow me to test the beautiful razor. I'm really grateful for the privilege. It was fun to share my views on a forum for the first time as well.

8. jmzeitouni

jmzeitouni Active Member

The Bunny is en route to @Spud in PEI

BeShaved, macaronus, Rufus T. and 4 others like this.
  9. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Very good write up. Happy you had a good week with the BV3. I did as well.

BeShaved, Rufus T., Robyflexx and 2 others like this.
  10. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Thank you for your prompt shipping of the razor. I will @Spud know it on its way.

11. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

*UPDATE*
    The Canadian Bunny pass around looks like this:
    1. Me
    2. Roderick (Grand Praire AB)
    3. Celestino (Vancouver BC)
    4. targa88 (Calgary AB)
    5. Red Rider (Mississauga ON)
    6. Douglas Carey (Carelton Place ON)
    7. Jean-Marie Zeitouni (QC)
    8. Spud (PEI)

The Canadian Bunny will be on the move again with @Spud next up. Thanks everyone for keeping the Bunny moving along smoothly.
    Anyone wanting a second round with the Bunny is free to participate.
    Please let me know by PM if you're interested and I'll get it set up.
    If not its comin home......:happy093:

12. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

Can't wait to try it!

13. Marverel

Marverel Well-Known Member

un bon compte rendu très détaillé, informatif et intéressant :happy088:

Pretty poor French, I guess, but maybe I get a point for trying... Anyways - as one of the fellow Bunny testers I very much enjoyed reading your reviews.

BeShaved, Hodge, Billyfergie and 7 others like this.
  14. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

I will check the mail after work and see if it's there.

BeShaved, macaronus, Karl G and 3 others like this.
  15. jmzeitouni

jmzeitouni Active Member

Perfect French actually !

16. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

Just an FYI, it didn't arrive yet. Hopefully tomorrow!

BeShaved, macaronus, Karl G and 2 others like this.
  17. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

:happy088:

BeShaved and Karl G like this.
  18. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I will try it tomorrow tonight!

BeShaved, Rufus T., Hodge and 5 others like this.
  19. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Did you notice how clean and shiny it is? :happy102:

BeShaved, Billyfergie, Karl G and 2 others like this.
  20. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

I've never used an injector in my life. I tried loading a blade but all I did was knock out the old one. I'm uneasy with it, as I'm afraid I will damage it. Sorry gang but I m going to pass this back to Doug Carey without using it. If I broke it, I would never be back on the Den.