Too Many Soaps?

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by GaryMartin, May 20, 2016.

1. Oasisdave

Oasisdave Active Member; radioactive

Totally agree

2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

That's how I feel with aftershaves.

Oasisdave likes this.
  3. Paul Turner

If I have a problem of too many soaps, there won't be any space left in my bathroom to breathe air.

Oasisdave likes this.
  4. Oasisdave

I keep telling myself 'These are the last ones!' everyone time I order more soaps and then see another one come out that I want. I have around 100 soaps and still at least 20 on a 'Want to get' list.

5. Paul Turner

and after the 20??????? :)

Oasisdave likes this.
  6. Oasisdave

Death by SWMBO

Halvor and ob1page like this.
  7. Paul Turner

ah yes.....the "budget argument"

ob1page likes this.
  8. kurtmill

kurtmill Active Member

Your problem isn't too many soaps, it's too many wives.

Drygulch and Oasisdave like this.
  9. youngunn

youngunn Where's my TSD aftershave balm???

Lol your asking us? We're not normal people.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

ob1page, Halvor and mrchick like this.
  10. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

I plan to have all my soaps and creams in a box next to my casket during visitation. As the guys go through the line to pay their respects, they can rummage through the box and help themselves.

11. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

I really enjoyed the acquisition phase of my SAD. When I hit 37 I decided to stop buying and now I am determined to get my soaps and creams down to a number less than 10. So far I have only reached the bottom of one tub of TOBS. I have a long way to go. Everyone has a tipping point when they realize they have too many soaps. Mine was 37.

12. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Mine's the "little woman" :)
    Fact is, I made it almost 5 months without buying a thing. However, since I failed at NB'16...all bets are off. :angelic007:

Rusty blade, ob1page and Halvor like this.
  13. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

I need to try the randomizer for picking soaps. I only have a few brushes and rotate frequently, same with razors, but the scented soap is what got me into wet shaving, and over time have accumulated a lot of soap. Come to think of it, I should do another PIF soon.

14. SHAVEWIZARD420

This is a great idea! Unfortunately most people that would be at my funeral would have no clue what shaving soap is lol. It would really suck to get to heaven and learn there is no more shaving.

korbz likes this.
  15. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

What I fear more is, I will get to heaven, find out there is wet shaving there, realize I left all my gear behind, and then find out there is no internet access. But I don't need to worry, the place I will end up is much much warmer...and at least I will meet up with most of my old friends.

Last edited: May 23, 2016
  16. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

Plus you will make many more friends. :happy097:

17. SHAVEWIZARD420

Thats right i forgot about no internet acess lol. Heaven seems like it would be boring and way too cold, no motorcycles, heavy metal music, beautiful women, etc.

18. river-rhine

river-rhine Well-Known Member

You have too much soaps, if you look in your shelf and think "Oh my dear, how many years I need to shave with that stuff?"

Over 20 soaps are too much for me now - Other people may think "That's nothing" but for me it's a nightmare.
    Why should I buy more soaps so that I maybe must throw away one rotten soap after I only used only half of the package?
    So I will make a Sabbath-time (It's not a Jewish thing) - Sabbath means her: Only use the soaps you have and not to buy more.
    Concentration on the things you own. Feel the taste and the smell of one soap. Every day. Be happy with that. You don't need more :yoda

Last edited: May 24, 2016
    crackstar and Paul Turner like this.
  19. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

I buy samples if I can. I can try all of them, use them up and get more easily. If I love it I get full size. I only have a full of 5 soaps. One was a pif, 2 are bargain soaps(Williams and vdh) and the other 2 are proraso. I'm looking at full size Tabac, MWF and, Route 66. I still want to try MdC and a sample size isn't that much different in price.

Salty Belle and Rusty blade like this.
  20. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

I remember the days of stacking my soaps under the sink. Then it spread to under the guest bath sink...lol.

What's up with that skin food not getting any love my friend? The bottle looks untouched.

Spud likes this.