Lady's razor ?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by soapbuddy, Jul 10, 2008.

1. soapbuddy

soapbuddy Mistress of Lather

I found a Lady Gillette 1965 Golden Starburst Design Long Handle Double Edge Safety Razor. Anyone have any ideas how much is it worth?

Thanks!

[​IMG]

2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    The blue version seems to be selling for around $20 at the moment.

I may be wrong but I believe the pink and the gold versions are rarer, so they may go for more.

But you never know..............

Good luck, Irena! :happy088

3. soapbuddy

Thank you JoAnna!

You're fast! :)

4. Padron

Padron Active Member

Great looking razor Irena! :cool: I recently purchased a Blue Star version for my wife...I think I paid $20-$25 and it was in almost mint condition...that one looks really nice :happy005

5. soapbuddy

Thanks! I love the way this one looks! :)

6. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido New Member

Irena,

I recently sold two of the gold (champagne) Lady Gillettes. One of them was shipped CONUS for $35 and the other to Europe for $40 shipped. Blues are going for $25-$30 and pinks are demanding $40 at minimum.

Another great option for women is the Blue Tip SS. I'll have one listed shortly.

7. Duckster

Duckster Wabbit Season!

Nice razor... and I really like them big red dice!

8. soapbuddy

Thanks!
    Darn; I missed it. I need to keep a better eye in the sales area.

9. soapbuddy

I think so too. Keep your fingers crossed that I win it. :)

10. Duckster

Duckster Wabbit Season!

Oh... I thought it was already yours. Anyhow, good luck (fingers crossed) :).

11. soapbuddy

Thanks!

12. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido New Member

If you miss out let me know. I'm making a swing through the state next week and I'll keep an eye out for some. I may even have a line on a blue and a pink this weekend.

13. soapbuddy

Thank you; will do! :)

14. SuperSpeed

SuperSpeed New Member

Irena,

Best of luck with the purchase! You'll love any variation of the Lady Gillette Razors--they are excellent (and mild) shavers!!!

Let us know how you like whichever one you procure. Next thing you know, you'll be using a STRAIGHT like our Queen, JoAnna, has just done! I am in awe, since I'm more than a little bit scared to give up the relative safety of my Gillettes in favor of a (gasp) straight razor! :eek:

Seriously, you will truly enjoy any of the color variations of this fine razor--I have a Lady Blue Stars which I use (and enjoy) from time to time. No--not on my legs...I assure you! :rolleyes:

--Morrie

15. soapbuddy

Thanks Morrie!
    My dad used a straight. I watched him many times. I'm a chicken to try it that way at this point.:ashamed001

So the double is the way to go for me. I really like this one.

16. soapbuddy

Darn it! I lost out. If anyone has this razor for sale, would you send me a PM please? I really like the color.

17. soapbuddy

If anyone has the Lady Gillette for sale, would uould you please let me know?

Thanks!

18. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    You just want the gold one, right?

19. Single Wedge

Single Wedge New Member

I like the champagne color too and have been looking for one in near mint or vg with the case. I think though I will shift gears for the same in a Super Slim Adj. They seem to be a fav among the ladies. Something about length and leverage.:rolleyes:

20. soapbuddy

Yes. :)