After shaves

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Dark Vapor, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

How do you split them up..by seasons?

2. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Master Checkered Flag

[​IMG]

3. wmbjr

wmbjr Duck, duck, cooked goose!

I too have very fond memories of my dad using Old Spice. Hopefully my daughter will have similar memories as it is always in my rotation and has been for years! I also like several from the TSD store with bourbon vanilla being my current favorite!

4. Paul Turner

English Leather, too? What's up with this reformation of classic manly fragrances?

5. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Well....the English Leather has definitely been reformulated.....a mere shadow of itself...
    But....the good news for you Leather Lovers.....Clubman Special Reserve is maybe the best leather scent ever....Cost $6 for 6oz and smells more like leather than Creed's English Leather which costs like $100 an oz....
    You can order it at Walgreens.....if you order at the store, there is no shipping charges....

RyX, Paul Turner and Robyflexx like this.
  6. Paul Turner

How do you like MCF?

7. Paul Turner

How about BUYING it there?

Robyflexx likes this.
  8. Paul Turner

You list Masters BR first, eh? I've had my eye(and wallet)on that one for a long time. I've had Stephan BR, and I wonder how the two might compare.

9. simms623

simms623 Well-Known Member

I'm a fan of Old Spice, unfortunately for me in my household I'm the only one that likes it. I still splash some on every now and again cause I like it. Gillette Cool Wave is just ok on me, not great, not bad. Nivea Balm has a really nice scent but it fades too fast for my liking. I know after shave scents don't hang around forever but it fades super fast to me. It's more of a winter pick for me cause of the moisturizer can be a bit much in the summer, even if used very sparingly. I really want to try Proraso Sandalwood.

Like many others around here Old Spice reminds them of there dad. Mom loved it, the kids loved it. It was (is) HIS scent. That scent is forever linked to him. "My" Old Spice scent, the one that my wife loves, the one that my kids come running up to me to smell after me after I shave, the one that "makes me smell like me" is Adidas Dynamic Pulse.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk

Robyflexx likes this.
  10. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Funny you used that phrase. It's exactly what my wife says about Brut.

11. simms623

simms623 Well-Known Member

@swarden43, lol my wife does indeed say that and I chuckled when I read your post today from 2013. The quotes on my post was kind of a reference to your post.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk

swarden43 likes this.
  12. Bird Lives

Most don't carry the Special Reserve, but you can order it there, and they get it in, in like 2 or 3 days max....

13. Monkeylord

Monkeylord The Lather Lord

Old Spice original...i can't get enough of ther smell, when you just put it on and when it evaporates a bit later.
    Pitralon Classic, you can't get more classical than this clean cedarwood, mossy and fresh scent. And the skin care is amazing, cooling and soothing.
    Ralon original. Now this is a clasic in the balkans, one of the first popular aftershaves in former Yugoslavia, based on a original Pitralon recipee gotten from the east germans (I think it's in this time the only Pitralon version of the few produced around Europe that still contains camphor), it cools, it soothes like nothing else right after a short intense burn. And after the burn it's heaven. But it smells like chemical solvent and camphor until it evaporates a bit and it becomes quite nice, a really manly smell :) And it's dirt cheap :D

BigMike likes this.
  14. Paul Turner

ohh. ok thanks

15. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Is it powdery?

16. Bird Lives

All Clubmans are a little powdery...but this one is not near as powdery as the original AS...Thats why. I usually splash both...I like the powder...:happy108:

17. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Stetson Black after shave balm

18. Paul Turner

did Big T mention Stephan BR?

19. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Not in his original post, I haven't read back through this thread in a while. Have you used and recommend Stephan BR?

20. Paul Turner

I have used it. It was my first crack at a Bay Rum AS. I did like the smoothness it gave my face and neck. Also its history and description as a "true barbershop classic" that began in 1897. I recall being a little annoyed at what I thought was too much of a clovey smell(realizing the smell wasn't overpowering), but I've learned a little about Bay Rum aftershaves since, and can now say "well, it wasn't THAT bad afterall". It certainly can't be if it began in 1897. I'd say it's best to use from late fall to early spring. I'll give it an 8 on the1-10 scale.

BamaT likes this.