SoS: June 6, 2016 - June 12, 2016

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Jun 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markjnewcomb

markjnewcomb Well-Known Member

Slim Adjustable set to 9
    Rapira Platinum Lux Blade
    My French Soap Mix Face Lathered
    3 passes and very smooth

2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I didn't use Aqua Velva today for the same reason-a little too chilly and windy. Well, the Rise Cooling balm has "some" menthol, but not like AV or the other igloo store brands you like(!).

Douglas Carey, Llyr and ob1page like this.
  3. shaveman

shaveman Well-Known Member

Maggard V3A Generic Bulldog Handle
    Derby Extra
    TOBS Almond SC
    T&H Black Badger
    Dove Post Shave Balm
    Old Spice Aftershave

4. Recklesstr

Recklesstr Arkoholic

Excellent picture Robert! I'm happy to hear that the shave with the Red Tip went very well my friend :)

5. Recklesstr

Recklesstr Arkoholic

Thank you, Andrew. Yes, it looks exactly like the photo, like a gold plated razor and I highly recommend it. It's has got a very nice finishing and a perfect shaving angle.
    :signs001: my friend :)

6. billdog2

billdog2 Well-Known Member

June 9/2016

Razor: Gillette G4 Injector
    Blade: Ted Pella (4)
    Soap: Italian Barber
    Brush: Don`t Know
    Pre Shave Oil: Homemade
    AS: Nivea Balm/Brut Splash On
    Newspaper Date: Feb. 3,1944

Nice smooth, clean BBS. What more can one say, when success insists on facing you straight in an age worn, wrinkled mug. My "Lady J" has to be a modern wonder, or I`ve stumbled across some kind of secret (or luck). Four days in a row with only 1 tiny weeper and such success. I pray that everyone else should be so lucky. Two passes, WTG/XTG and a lightly lathered 2nd pass, with all kinds of strokes for a clean up. You guessed it, a bit more than a Happy Camper. With regards. BTW, I would appreciate some input, or requests on what to display on the newspapers. I`m running out of ideas (not papers). Thanks

Bill 6-9-16 Thu. shave 001.JPG 6-9-16 Thu. shave 002.JPG

7. whiteboy_cannon

whiteboy_cannon Well-Known Member

Thursday
    [​IMG]
    Razor: Bullgoose w/ GSB (1)
    Brush: JR 13
    Lather: Palmolive
    [​IMG]
    It has been too long since I last used this cream, crisp clean scent and slick creamy lather. Had a great 3 pass shave today. Did not chase the baby and didn't even do any clean up. To my surprise the shave was much closer than expected, almost a BBS but definitely a DFS for sure! Have a great day folks

8. whiteboy_cannon

whiteboy_cannon Well-Known Member

Very nice razor!

Llyr, Douglas Carey and Recklesstr like this.
  9. Paul Turner

By Throwback, does that mean we have to go vintage on Thursdays?(not that that bothers me at all).

Llyr, Tdmsu and Douglas Carey like this.
  10. Paul Turner

Now I have to go review Black River. See what you did? :)

Llyr and Douglas Carey like this.
  11. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

It's a limited supply product... :)

Making Your Own Bay Rum

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
    mrchick, ram57, Llyr and 2 others like this.
  12. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Good stuff.

Llyr, LaSalle82 and clint64 like this.
  13. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

Do what you like! I guess I could have gone farther and used a vintage razor, but I was more referring to the scent and the Doctor Who from the 70s. :)

14. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

[​IMG]
    SOTD 6/9/2016​
    • Hart Steel
    • WW Juliet
    • Cella
    • Myrsol

15. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Friday morning will feature this setup:

Neutrogena Men Facial Wash
    Razorock Plissoft 26mm Monster
    Junjie/Astra day 5
    Lea Menthol SC :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Gold Bond Moisturizer :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Aqua Velva Ice Blue AS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:

That's it, that's all! ;) :D

A great weekend to everyone in advance! :)

DSC_1341_large.jpg s-l400.jpg leacreammenthol_1024x1024.jpg gold-bond-medicated-body-lotion-400-ml-600x600.jpg 17603_2c8c1bdbfd620179fecedbe7006d439a.jpg

16. Gabe

Gabe Well-Known Member

Caties Bubbles Tonsorial Parlour
    Doug Korn D7 TGN Finest
    Ikon OC Bulldog handle
    Gillette Platinum Plus
    Vitos Lavanda

photo (13).JPG

17. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

[​IMG]
    Three Pass Shaving Routine..:cool:

Hot Water prep & massage with Argan Oil
    Talmalin ( Engels) Solingen 6/8th
    Hans Baier Silver Tip
    Valobra Tallow Soap
    Humphreys Witch Hazel

I had a Fantastic Shave Today with my Engels 6/8th Extra Hollow Ground Razor..I Don't Normally Do 3 Passes..A Super Close Dolphin Smooth BBS Result..I got a Sample of Stirling Non Scented Bees Wax Soap to Try from a USA Friend but after One Stroke with the Blade I Rinsed off & Re Lathered with My Valobra..I wasn't at all Impressed with the Stirling Soaps Protection + Cushion compared to Euro Tallow Soaps..Brilliant Shave..:)

Billy..:chores016:

18. Paul Turner

Speaking of limited supply, it appears that the smaller Rise shaving creams (8.7 oz, with the blue "Super Foam") took over the 13 oz...althouigh I still need confirmation of this from @RiseIntlGroup. And I see what you mean about the Black River Bay Rum.

ram57, Douglas Carey and JR Reyes like this.
  19. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

Friday
    Planned SOTD

[​IMG]

This will be my first time shaving with the Plissoft brush. I have test lathered it with great results, so I'm really looking forward to it.
    I'll have a 36 hour stubble, so I look forward to test the #2 plate to see if it'll do the job.
    #2 has really treated me greatly the past shaves. Efficient, yet mild on the face.
    For consistency, I'm sticking with the Mango soap and a familiar blade.
    No need to factor in too many differences while I'm getting used to the Rockwell.

20. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

SOTD June 09/16 (First bloom of the large deep orange poppies today in our garden)
    Razor - Merkur 37c
    image.jpeg
    In the right hand the the Merkur 37c torque slant razor is a formidable razor. In the newbie hands a merciless skinning tool. I started early in my wet shaving renewal lifestyle with the 37c and it shaved me a new one. After learning the lighter touch and proper angling I grew to really like the 37c in my rotation. I use the 37c for the last use of a razor blade the torque brings out a sharp edge and makes for a BBS shave.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.