New Rocnel model revealed - the MD SE-P-2016-TR Open Comb

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Darkbulb, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Announced today - a new model/version on their first 'budget' razor (the Rocnel SE):
    The MD SE-P-2016-TR Open Comb Razor

Price: $38
    Availabily: Aug-Sep, 2016 through Extrashaving.com
    Other specs similar to the original Rocnel SE (meaning takes half a DE blade)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Video:

Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
  2. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

Looks cool, except for all the information on the top. Just put the name on the top, we know what it is.

simms623, AGHisBBS and blashe like this.
  3. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Well, look at it like this..you're in the restroom...no magazine handy...this way you'll have something to read :)

4. barbersurgeon

barbersurgeon Well-Known Member

Actually, they should put the Rocnel logo on the back of the razor head, and in reverse script... ;-)

gorgo2, AGHisBBS and RyX like this.
  5. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Very cool.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
    AGHisBBS likes this.
  6. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Good looking razor.

AGHisBBS likes this.
  7. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I've asked Murat if there are any other design changes - between the original SE and this - apart from it being an OC and will report back here

8. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

very nice, nice price also :)

9. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

They keep coming out with all these cool new models but can even keep their current ones in stock! More R&D into the supply chain and production units please! I'd buy one were I lucky enough to catch them in stock.

AGHisBBS and Robyflexx like this.
  10. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

Im just waiting for both OC,SB and the DE42 to hit the E store so I don't have to pay shipping for each....its like paying 50% of another razor every time product is being shipped from the EU

whiteboy_cannon and AGHisBBS like this.
  11. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

Agree, too much info... they just need Rocnel on it and maybe the model number.... maybe

AGHisBBS likes this.
  12. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

And the SE50? :)

I guess technically there will now be four 'budget' razors;
    Original Rocnel SE
    Rocnel SE OC
    Rocnel DE42
    Rocnel SE50

AGHisBBS, Bama Samurai and blashe like this.
  13. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

So, a razor head about the same size as a Gillette open comb, with only one side of a blade. Would've been better if the head was half the size also. And the way to load it seems more prone to getting cut, and you have to bend the sides of the blades to make it fit properly. Yeah, would only use it if it were given to me.

14. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

Not sure about the SE50 because I have never shaved with that type of a blade and to be honest I do enjoy the DE shaving, I might be tempted to buy the GEM razor they are working on when it becomes available.
    I have the vintage GEM that I have only shaved once, and while yes the shave is more sturdy when it comes to the way it feels shaving with SE blade, I noticed no difference in better shave results. I actually bought for the sake of testing the best rated GEM blade which was the Blue Star and ended up rusting a bit but not on the sharp edge only above it since is not made of SS material, wiped it off dry but the rust appeared anyways above the sharp edge, still the blade feels sharp no problems at all.

15. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

The blade loading is no problem and not very likely to cause any incident as have been mentioned by I think almost every person reviewing it.

whiteboy_cannon and AGHisBBS like this.
  16. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

FYI these are in stock at extrashaving.com

17. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Very nice

18. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Went ahead and bought a Rocnel SE OC and added a lined handle as well as I don't have one of those.
    With shipping the razor + extra handle came to 70-something dollars

whiteboy_cannon likes this.
  19. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

nope, only the nuts,stands and handles available there from Rocnel, no razors available

20. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

There was stock this morning - I bought an OC version and a spare handle and some people on TSR did as well.

Looks like the non-OC, original Rocnel SE is still in stock at $35

Last edited: Jun 14, 2016