Chiseled face groomatorium reviews

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by JesusIsLord, Jun 13, 2016.

1. JesusIsLord

JesusIsLord Active Member

Very interested in purchasing this soap. Any experience with this soap? Pros and cons? If you could recommend a scent I really enjoy a very deep tone Masculine scent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yehuda D and SHAVEWIZARD420 like this.
  2. TheFiveO

TheFiveO Well-Known Member

I have tried several of Ron's soaps. I am happy to give you my two cents, but YMMV.

First off, his soap "base" is EXCELLENT. The soap gives an incredible lather and easily will give 3 face lathering with one "load up". It's cushiony and slick and lastly, rinses easily off of the face.

Groomatoriums scents are very unique to say the least. I do not think he tries to be conventional with anything he makes. The Ghost Town Barber is a leathery,smokey earthy smell that reminds me of a western saloon! The Sherlock is a classy earthy, peat moss scent that reminds me of a classic Brit's tweed jacket with undertones of having ones face smashed into a freshly mowed rugby field! The Trade Winds is a wonderful nautical scent with vague hints of Old Spice. The Cedar and spice smells like spice with cedar. LOL. The Summer Storm is a blend of sage and moisture and reminds me of what it smells like in the desert after a rain. Comforting and cooling. The Cryogen smells strongly of menthol and freezes your face off before you can get too deep of a smell! It's so Mentholly......it's painful.

I enjoy everything CF makes, the only downside is my skin has issues with "something" in the formulations so I have given most of mine away. It's a first rate soap if your skin agrees with it. I recommend buying samples and seeing if they suit you.

Yehuda D, Joef, RyX and 4 others like this.
  3. JesusIsLord

I cannot thank you enough for this response.

Joef, BeShaved and TheFiveO like this.
  4. TheFiveO

TheFiveO Well-Known Member

You are very welcome

Joef likes this.
  5. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

My guess is that the fragrance oils are causing the irritation or skin sensitivity.

I was daring enough to smell midnight stag yesterday and it wasn't as bad as I expected...lol. A little oil, gas, and BBQ smoke. Straight testosterone IMO.

BeShaved likes this.
  6. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

I have to agree with almost all of this. ^^^

Buy CF with confidence !

CF soaps are solidly in my top five. The performance and face feel is excellent, and the lather ability is second to none. The scents are complex, and while not all of them have been keepers for me, that is a subjective thing, so please take it with a grain of salt. Ghost Town Barber is one of my favorite soaps EVER.

I do have to give a kind of thumbs down to Cryogen. Don't get me wrong, I am a MENTH HEAD!! Cryogen to me is just menthol for the sake of menthol. I love the freeze, but I feel like my mom is rubbing Vicks on my chest. I kind of felt like the lather sort of broke down from it, also. Every MENTH head should try it, but I just think there are better (more enjoyable) options for your face freeze.

Yehuda D, BeShaved and Tdmsu like this.
  7. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I've been using his Pine Tar soap pretty regular for over a month. It is exactly what it is, very straightforward, but that's how he advertises it and it works very well.

8. JesusIsLord

Went ahead and purchased the ghost town barber along with matching after shave.

9. PaPa K

PaPa K Active Member

I have really enjoyed his ghost town barber. It gets used frequently along with the matching AS.

Paul Turner likes this.
  10. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Do you find that that one can be used all year?

11. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

I have some Sherlock, and it is definitely in my top 5 soaps. The scent is great, just as @TheFiveO described. The performance is right up there with any soap I have tried, and it is one of the easiest soaps to lather.

Str8 Shaver and Robyflexx like this.
  12. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Chiseled Face makes great soap and aftershave. Some of my favorite scents are Sherlock, Cedar & Spice, and Cinawood Boroka.

The consistancy is a soft croap, whips up a thick lather and the scents are all pretty original and do not smell like other soaps. I would have no problem recomending their soaps or aftershave since both are great products.

Paul Turner and Robyflexx like this.
  13. PaPa K

PaPa K Active Member

I have had it in the rotation year round. It is one of the ones I will reorder when it taps out. When it looks like it will be hot out I go to Something with some menthol, but only because I can. GTB would satisfy me year round.

14. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Yep, outstanding soap! I keep Ghost Town Barber in my rotation. I am now on my 2nd jar.

Paul Turner likes this.
  15. Paul Turner

I had a ;problem in business with the CF website, thus I won't be buying on it anymore. Admittedly, part of the cause of the problem was on my part, but I ended up beiong too frustrated. That being said, I might get the GTB from Amazon or another site.

16. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Paul-I get mine from Maggard's.

Paul Turner likes this.
  17. Paul Turner

well that's it then...thanx Bob.

Bobcat likes this.
  18. Joef

Joef Well-Known Member

I'm a barber shop scent nut, and the ghost town barber is by far my favorite. The soap itself is super easy to lather, very slick, nice cushion and because you don't have to load up so much, it last a bit longer than most soaps of the same consistency. If you haven't tried these soaps yet, do yourself a favor and get some, or at least some samples. A bonus is the matching aftershave. The scents are as close to a match that I think you can get, great face feel and it lasts most of the day. Its not an overpowering aroma, just nice.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Robyflexx likes this.
  19. Paul Turner

I do like the looks of the GTB.

Joef likes this.
  20. Joef

Joef Well-Known Member

It has that nice sweet barbershop scent similar to maggards barbershop, with a bit of leather. Not quite as sweet, which is a bonus.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk