Schick Repeating Razor Owners Club (SRROC)

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Redfisher, Oct 31, 2015.

1. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

You're saying the B is more aggressive than the C? I really like my B, so maybe I need to find a C.

Karl G and Robyflexx like this.
  2. kenloupa

kenloupa Active Member

Yes, Herm 2502, I felt very comfortable using the C1 without fear of blood letting, whereas I felt I needed to be more cautious with the B2 due to the more aggressive blade gap that it appears to exhibit.

Karl G and Herm2502 like this.
  3. kenloupa

kenloupa Active Member

Shaved with my B1 this morning and I lived to talk about it lol. No weepers, actually felt cool to shave with. I respect the way these fine tools were made back in the day.

4. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

The C1 is my one and only Repeater. I load blades manually, since we can't rely on not jamming the razor.

But it is one of my favorite razors that also serves as my travel razor along with an H2.

Enjoy it!

Hodge, twhite, Karl G and 1 other person like this.
  5. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

B1 closed.JPG B1 ready.JPG I had vowed to not buy anymore repeaters... and then this one caught my eye at a bargain price (isn't that what always happens when we say, "no more?") :rofl:

I shined it up and tested out the loader tonight. All good. :happy036:

Mustache, Redfisher, Hodge and 4 others like this.
  6. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Is that a Sterling?

Karl G likes this.
  7. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

It's a silver plated B1. :chores016:

Bird Lives likes this.
  8. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Looks sharp Karl! :signs107:

Karl G likes this.
  9. shoe13950

shoe13950 Well-Known Member

A beauty for sure.

10. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

"Bargain price" sounds like a good rationalization for the purchase to me.

Karl G, twhite and Robyflexx like this.
  11. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

:rofl:

Robyflexx likes this.
  12. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Gorgeous.....:drool:

Karl G, shoe13950 and Robyflexx like this.
  13. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

It might be said that I have my own club-"Sensor 2 Pivot + Disposeable Repeating Razors Club (S2P+DRR Club), as that it all I have been using

Redfisher likes this.
  14. kenloupa

kenloupa Active Member

type A-2.jpg type A-1.jpg

Shaved with my newly acquired type A loaded with a Chick blade and using TOBS Cedarwood shaving cream. Had a smooth as silk 3 pass shave. I don't find her "wild" at all. Is the "wild to mild" Schick aggressiveness a myth? What do you think? She is definitely not as tame as the later models from H on, but not the beast I expected. In fact, a pleasant surprise, just as nice if not nicer to shave with than the B's or C's.

Hodge, Mustache, Herm2502 and 6 others like this.
  15. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

My Schick B1 has been sitting on my countertop calling me. It didn't take long for me to break down. I loaded it up with a NOS Schick Super Chromium blade and went to town. I was a little pressed for time and it turned out to be the right razor for the time I had available. I was not expecting a great shave and this was a great shave. Right away it was smooth and easy and quick. Wow, I could have hardly asked for an easier shave. The blade pairing turned out to be ideal. :angelic013:

Some of the success may also be due to the Haslinger Soap which has quickly become my favorite - it lathers up right away and produces a nice creamy lather that just feels good lathering with and provides great slickness and protection. :)

The B1 is now in contention to be the next razor I take on the road when traveling. :happy088:

The only thing negative I can say is that, despite my best efforts, there were a few areas that were DFS if I rubbed them hard enough. No one would ever notice that though. For some reason some razors (e.g. The Bunny, PAL Injecto-Matic, the Schick H all come to mind) have that ability to seemingly wipe out stubble below the skin line regardless of where they are. This isn't one of them but it is a real standout for smooth, quick, super efficient shaving. Did I mention the first and second passes were some of the best reduction I've gotten from any razor? :happy036:

B1 AOS HASAV SR TH with blades.JPG

Put this on your list if you are at all inclined to get a repeater. :chores016:

Hodge, shoe13950, mrchick and 4 others like this.
  16. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

:ban:

Rufus T. and Robyflexx like this.
  17. Redfisher

You should try a B2 the open comb makes it even smoother!

Karl G, Rufus T. and Robyflexx like this.
  18. Redfisher

That one is fine looking!

19. kenloupa

kenloupa Active Member

Schick B2 Before 2.jpg Schick B2 Before 1.jpg Schick B2 After 2.jpg Schick B2 After 1.jpg I got this C2 that is missing a cap and was almost all black in FleaBay for $20.

It cleaned up better than I expected with polishing and washing and the repeater actually works! The blade was loose but is OK after tightening the spring. [​IMG]

Hodge, Mustache, Rufus T. and 2 others like this.
  20. Redfisher