SoS: July 4, 2016 - July 10, 2016

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Jul 3, 2016.

1. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Very good review of your shave. Good picture also. Have a cool day. :)

clint64 likes this.
  2. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Planned Shave Den Sunday!
    10 July 2016

[​IMG]

Schick Revere Handle
    Schick Injector Blades
    L'Occitane Plisson Synthetic
    Alum
    TSD ISZ Shave Stick
    TSD ISZ AS Splash

Support your forum by purchasing TSD shave products, exclusively available at:

www.theshavedenshop.com

Have a great weekend!

3. whiteboy_cannon

whiteboy_cannon Well-Known Member

Sunday
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Razor: Bunny V3 (round 8), fresh Chick blade, and no comb (SEvette style)
    Brush: Shave Revolution Synthetic
    Lather: TSD London Type
    Very nice 3 pass shave this morning. Ended in a DFS and no irritation. Have a great day all

4. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Sadly, it's my least favorite of all of my rose soaps and of my 7 Mike's soaps. I spritzed a bit of St. Charles Bulgarian Rose Cologne on my Mike's puck before lathering. A little better. Too bad, because Mike's soaps are top notch. When it comes to rose scented soaps...I'll stick with Klar and Dusy.

5. kamp

kamp Well-Known Member

image.jpeg
    Koraat 8/8 near wedge
    Shavemac DO1 2 band LE TSR 2016
    Chiseled Face Cryogen / dr Harris Windsor
    Osaga Rub
    Prep asb

Today I tried a sample Cryogen put a spoonful in my scuttle felt that my lather as not stable, so a few turns with the Windsor which I used last time. Then I quickly got a nice lather!!

My 5 day beard did not have a chance against this Kotaat a very nice shave!!

6. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Just a friendly reminder:

This thread wraps uptonight, and will be locked later for transition to a new week.

@crackstar has already kicked off the new week, find it here:
    SoS: July 11, 2016 - July 17, 2016

Come on over and let's start on another fun week of SoS!

Hope everyone has a great week!

7. Gordy

Gordy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Prep - Woods Of Windsor Cedar Woods soap / Pre-lather / 3 min steam
    Razor - Gillette Fatboy
    Blade - Perma-Sharp Super (#3)
    Brush - Shavemac Raptor 26/52 DO1 3 Band Bulb
    Soap - Nanny's Silly Soap Traditional Moroccan Sands
    After - Frozen towel / Cien X-Bolt A/S
    Result - Ridiculously Dolphin Smooth

I've been using some of the best soaps and creams available recently, so the bar has been set pretty high. This is a tallow first for Nanny's Silly Soap and Sharon has not only vaulted over the bar, but straight out of the stadium!
    We're very lucky to have the calibre of soap makers in the UK that we do, and this little red tin can stand proudly beside the giants of the shaving soap industry.
    It's got all I look for in a soap, and for me the all-important post-shave feel, which is just fantastic!

8. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

In the Good Old Shavertime!!

July 10
    Razor - 1962 Gillette Slim
    Blade - [​IMG] (2)
    Soap - Tabac
    Brush - BoS Omega 10066
    Post - Alum and the Veg

Final day before I dive headfirst into blades. Yeah, sounds like a SAW trap. Decided to give the Slim a test run just to make sure I am a bit more familiar with the weight and feel. I reclaimed my Voskhod from the Bomb Pop Razor to have a fresher blade to try the razor with. Chose Tabac as the last soap I'll smell before six days of Arko. I don't mind Arko, but I will miss my favs. That's what Sundays are for now...a break.

Great lather and I set the Slim on 5. The blade gap on that setting is .032". First pass was an absolute fantastic pass. The Slim is a bit heavier than most of my razors due to the extra mechanics. The head is a bit heavier than the handle and the balance it provides is awesome. Just have to let the head to the work. Second pass was as good or better, XTG, and a few tiny spots of cleanup brought the baby home. I had two of these razors a few months ago and decided I'd never benefit from an adjustable. Well, now I see why that was some seriously short-term and flawed thinking.

Alum to check irritation and it was basically nonexistent. Seriously fine shave and I'm looking forward to starting tomorrow and seeing how all of the blades respond and perform.

FYI - I'll be posting here daily with results, as well as on SOTD. However, SOTD will be a very short version, the post here will include a few more details, and the full report will be on my BLOG

9. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Razor: Gillette SS Black Tip
    Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (4)
    Brush: Rubberset 400 #3
    Soap: TSD 2x Bay Rum
    A/S: TSD 2x Bay Rum

Excellent three pass shave tonight. I really enjoy using the #3 it's a great shave brush. Finished with TSD 2x Bay Rum.
    10 07 16.JPG

10. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

SUNDAY SHAVE
    20160710_213947.jpg

Prep: Musgo Real orange amber
    Razor: Gillette Fat Handle Tech
    Blade: Gillette nacet
    Brush: Maggard 24mm synthetic
    Soap: Phoenix & Beau Albion

2 pass shave today, first time with this razor and the Albion soap. Really like the scent of the soap, and performance is top notch. Lather was shiny and loaded with water. Very nice shave, finished off with Admiralty Balm which felt so soothing and the menthol cooled skin down wonderfully. Hope everyone had a great shave!

11. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Is ypour Dove face wash similar to my Dove 4 Men Bodywash?

clint64 and Douglas Carey like this.
  12. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Very nice setup.

SHAVEWIZARD420, Robyflexx and clint64 like this.
  13. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    The face wash is very gentle. It is not foaming, and it rinses cleanly. I get about 3 months or so out of the tube, maybe more. I think it helps my face stay hydrated and at the same time not oily.
    upload_2016-7-11_8-18-14.png

14. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Ok thanks-I've definitely seen that around.

Douglas Carey likes this.
  15. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Thanks Doug!

Douglas Carey and Billyfergie like this.
  16. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

[​IMG]
    Three Pass Shaving Routine..:cool:

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
    Cobra Classic
    Feather Pro Blade New
    Hans Baier Silver Tip
    Haslinger Tallow Soap
    Humphreys Witch Hazel

I had My First Shave with the Cobra Classic Today that Martin Kindly Sent on this TSR Pass Around..I loaded the Cobra with One of My Own Feather Pro Blades..The Magazine that came with it has Only Two Blades Left..;)

I had a BBS SR Shave Yesterday..I Went for the Money Button BBS Dolphin Smooth Shave..I have heard it said that there is No such thing as the perfect shave..Well..Maybe Aye..Maybe Hook Eye..Cause I am sitting here with an All Over Dolphin Smooth BBS Result..I don't mean form North to South & form East to West neither..I mean in every Darn Direction..:D

The Cobra is Heavier than I Expected but Very Well Balanced..The Handle has a Smooth Polished Chrome Finish & I had no problems with it slipping in my hand..A Beautiful Razor Indeed..I Like it a Lot..:)

Now for the Shave..I am an Experienced Injector Man as Folks around here will Know..The Cobra is a Longer Blade Injector Design Head..I think it Adds to the Shaving Experience..Its a Bonus for Sure..Its Not needed but it Sure is a Bit of Luxuary..:cool:

A Blood Letting Monster its Not by any Means..Its a Very Mild Shaver..I would Suggest its Milder than a Later Model Schick Injector..Bearing in Mind I have Shaved with these Later Schick Injectors with a Cut Down Feather Pro Blade & I am Making a Direct Comparison with the Same Blade..Its a Very Forgiving Shaver..Very Smooth..That said..Folks that Cant Handle a Crazy Sharp Pro Blade like this would be in Trouble with the Cobra..A Feather Like Touch is the Order of the Day..:happy088:

This is a Mild Shaver..Folks that are Saying its Aggressive or Rough are Just Not Used to these Pro Blades..They are Not for Everyone for Sure..To Me its a User Friendly Pussy Cat..A Very Efficient One at that..:)

I Like it a Lot..:happy108:

Billy

Last edited: Jul 11, 2016