Rockwell Owners Adjustable Razors Club (ROARC)

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by tuxxdk, Jun 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

I had a tuck of Personna once but felt they were a bit harsh? I haven't tried them since but since they're rather expensive compared to other I don't pursue them either.

Perhaps I should try and buy a 5 tuck again and test them in the Rockwell.

Omelmad likes this.
  2. shaveman

shaveman Well-Known Member

I am in for the Model T adjustable for $79 (ultra early bird) Now I see Parker is going to sell an adjustable in the summer.

3. tuxxdk

The more I look at the model T, the more I long for one. Looks really cool!

DBart. likes this.
  4. tuxxdk

[​IMG]

Tuesdays shave today was really good. I had long stubble (2,5 days circa) and the R4 plate mowed it all down with ease.

This razor is just amazing to me. The Rockwell boys seems to have nailed a combination of geometry and setup that just works. It's by no means a perfect 10/10 visually. It has its mold marks and blasting scuffs here and there, but technically and shave-wise, it's just perfect. And for all I know, I guess that's what matters?

PickledNorthern and Omelmad like this.
  5. Terry Williams

Terry Williams Well-Known Member

I have had a Rockwell 6S for a few weeks now and I like it. It is going into my razor rotation (I have too many now). The R-3 and R-4 bases work very well for me with a nice sharp Gillette Silver Blue or a Feather Hi-SS. I love the weight. The R-1 and R-2 are a bit mild, but still work pretty well with a sharp blade. The R-5 and R-6 are bit aggressive for me, but I can still use them without injury or irritation if I pay attention. :) But, the aggressive bases are still not as aggressive as the Above The Tie H bases. The ATT H bases make me bleed.

tuxxdk likes this.
  6. Mr. Freeze93

Mr. Freeze93 Prefers the baby blue dress

sexy af.jpg

I'm in!!!

Just got mine today and I am in love!

dbersh, PickledNorthern and tuxxdk like this.
  7. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

I very recently gave one to my son as his first DE. He went from someone who hated to shave and only doing it every few days when he looked like a bum, to shaving every day!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. tuxxdk

That's a very nice gift! Marvelous that he now shaves and enjoys it.

Congrats! It's indeed a tool to love!

9. poikkeus

poikkeus Member

Until the Model T comes out, the S6 will do just fine.

It's the first shaving "system" that makes sense to me. When I want a fast , easy shave - plate #3 is fine. For BBS, plates #4 or #5 are great. But plate #6 is when you want to get rid of the training wheels; you have to shave more lightly, and use lots of shaving cream. But there's a noticeable difference by the end of the day.

10. Mr. Freeze93

20160710_155321-01.jpeg 20160710_155516-01.jpeg

A few more shaves with the Rockwell and it is becoming a favorite. :)

11. Mr. Freeze93

Thanks. Really happy I pulled the trigger on it. Also having fun using a new base plate each day to see what I like. So far 4,5, are outstanding. Went with number 2 today and while more mild then I normally use or care for I got a great shave.

tuxxdk likes this.
  12. dbersh

dbersh Well-Known Member

The 6S V 2.0 is my daily shaver (my free replacement) Baseplate 4, with Astra SP or Ladas. I also have the 6S V 1.0 that I was able to combine various replacement parts sent during their on the run trying to fix all the issues, that shaves great as well that razor is at my cottage.
    Didn't order the model T for 3 reasons
    1. NB 16
    2. Already have a slim adjustable that's mad at me because I use the 6S 99% of the time (my '66 L3 Superspeed is about to be either gifted to my other SIL or sold, haven't used it in probably a year, which isn't fair to that razor)
    3. Not a collector, so it would just sit there and get mad at me as well.

Nick N Cut and tuxxdk like this.
  13. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

I'm still trying to find a 6s for cheap. I keep getting outbid on eBay

14. NJDJ

NJDJ Member

I wouldn't do that. You are likely to get an older version...not the newest.

15. Mr. Freeze93

$99 on Maggards. :)

16. IDuck

IDuck Well-Known Member

parker is?

17. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

It isn't hard at all to tell them apart from photos.

18. Hairy Alaskan

Hairy Alaskan eww da toilet

I recently purchased a 6S from Maggards a couple weeks ago and have been very happy with it. The quality is top notch and I find that the #5 plate works great for me. I haven't tried the included blades yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Terry Williams likes this.
  19. tuxxdk

Welcome :)

I have tried the Rockwell blades, but found them very rough, but sharp enough. Weird blade to me :)

20. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

yes, question is will it be TTO or will it be Progress alike. If its TTO then chances are its all brass, but if its Progress alike chances are the head and cap to be Zinc.... time will tell, here is the link that you can only see the handle with the adjustable dial https://www.instagram.com/p/BD6Cf6Cl-6_/

EDIT: If you look careful its shown the bottom of the plate, it looks like it wont be a TTO and that tells me it will be design like the Progress and most likely zamac head and cap and probably brass handle.

Jorvaljr likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.