The Haul - July 2016

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by Bama Samurai, Jul 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Got this in the mail today, an E-cig case. Ok, not what you call shave related, but I don't think that way. I needed a small travel shave kit because I like to travel light and it's something I can grab quickly, as I tend to forget things when I'm in a hurry. I also reused a few items to keep it compact. 1st pic - The case is around seven inches long, as you can see by my #1 carry knife. 2nd pic - The two white containers in back, reused shampoo sample bottles, have Proraso Green shave cream and Stetson Black after shave balm in them. The two front containers, reused e-cig liquid bottles, have pre-shave oil and witch hazel. My SS handle for new model Gillette with short and long comb bases. Pack of Voskhod blades along with my badger hair travel brush. And two perfume sample containers that now have Stetson Black cologne in them. Yes they do come apart, just take your time. Luckily they weren't any that my GF really cared for. 3rd pic - All in the case and ready to go if needed. I also have a small travel bowl, but if I forget it, I can always borrow a cup to use............. IMG_0591.jpg IMG_0593.JPG IMG_0594.jpg

2. Mustache

Mustache Well-Known Member

Brilliant! The case looks like a hard case, I like that.

Douglas Carey, ob1page and jimjo1031 like this.
  3. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

That's very clever!

4. jimjo1031

yeah, it's a hard case. around $3.00, China

Douglas Carey, ob1page and Mustache like this.
  5. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

I picked this up at a little boutique in Jasper, AB this last week. The last time I bought anything of this sort I was a teenager. I love the citrus highlights and the deep wood undertones. SWMBO loves it too! :)

[​IMG]

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

6. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

Sounds really nice

Douglas Carey likes this.
  7. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I got some wooden candle cups at A. C. Moore's and paired them with the boar knots I got last week. Here is one of the results.
    JRBoar02.JPG

8. simms623

simms623 Well-Known Member

Got the 22.5" Weber Smokey Mountain last week! Wow, this thing is HUGE! uploadfromtaptalk1468679230159.jpeg [​IMG]

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk

9. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Mail call and pleasantly I'm surprised all the way around.

The Clix arrived. It had a black head in the listing pics so I figured it for a bakelite head...for the cheap price it was worth rolling the dice. Arrived not only in near-pristine shape but actually has a black-finished all metal head! I've regretted parting with the all metal EZ Flo, maybe the most comfortable 3 piece I've ever used. This design looks identical so I bet it's the same head. Anyway, it'll be today's shave.

The Stetson Country cologne/as also arrived. The description at Basenotes says it has everything I like so I waited several months for a good price to come up. I'm pleased to find it similar to Beene's discontinued but wonderful Bowling Green, of which I have a reserve stock. Beene's is richer and brighter; Country is drier and more subdued. Both are excellent variations on the same green theme.

Have a good weekend, gentlemen.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
  10. Jorvaljr

My D. Corrado gold 2 piece came in today! Can't wait to try it out later today. There isn't much information out there on this razor. Although I've read Dovo made these in a post, it sure feels and looks like my merkur slant but an OC version.
    image.jpeg image.jpeg

I also got another slim, a World Series edition k1 with blue case

11. figment714

figment714 Well-Known Member

I saw some chatter on another forum recently saying that Dominica was possibly going to discontinue their Bay Rum Lime aftershave. Since it's easily the favorite of all the bay rums I've tried, I decided to grab a couple of bottles just in case the rumor was true.

I also picked up a bottle of the West Indies Creole Hot Pepper Sauce just because it's hot sauce, and I could. It was a good decision. The stuff is tasty.

[​IMG]

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

12. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

I've got the same in their bar soap and really like it. I didn't realize they offered an eau de Parfum.
    My wife picked up the bar soap for me at Merz in Chicago and I've since ordered several more bars.
    Guess I need to pick up the parfum.

Douglas Carey, Drygulch and Jorvaljr like this.
  13. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

The perfume is fantastic! It lasts about 8 hours. If you get the chance, I recommend it.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Douglas Carey and John Beeman like this.
  14. Mustache

Pat. Jan.14.1920 stamped on the handle but a New LC head... Am I forgetting when the NEW replaced the OLD, or are these mismatched? Also, I'm thinking the box belongs to a TTO razor due to the shape of the cutout for the head. It has room for the end caps/hinges for the doors.
    [​IMG]

15. Jorvaljr

Head and handle seems correct. I can't tell which case you have, but it may not be the correct one. It's similar but I don't think original.

Douglas Carey, ob1page and Mustache like this.
  16. Mustache

Not sure if this helps.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Jorvaljr

I'm pretty sure the case is for a fat handle tech

Douglas Carey likes this.
  18. jimjo1031

those groove prints at the end of the handle look like they came from a super speed. Milord??

Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
    Douglas Carey, Mustache and Jorvaljr like this.
  19. Mustache

I'm thinking that or my Aristocrat.. I still didn't get a good photo but on the head end there are notches for a TTO hinge. I also think the grooves in he handle end are from the ball end rings. Maybe... I'm pretty sure the case isn't for a 3 piece razor. I know I need to clean it off but it just looks nice inside and figured it was for one of the nicer models.

Douglas Carey and ob1page like this.
  20. jimjo1031

yeah, most likely not the razor you have. Still looks like a super speed cause I have one in a lined case with the same groove pattern imprinted in the lining. they seem evenly spaced like a super speed and different than a ball end when I compared my old short comb in a lined case with a ball end. just my opinion though.

Douglas Carey and Mustache like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.