Wolfman receiving orders again soon.

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Spud, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

Hi everyone.
    I was on the Wolfman email list and it looks like he will making products again soon. Just a heads up to you all if you're not on his email list.

2. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

I checked the list and is closed, says will open Saturday. I think I would like to go with the brass, Darwin handle, OC/SB head and the highest gap of the 3 different ones he offers

Redfisher likes this.
  3. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Good luck!

Redfisher and blashe like this.
  4. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

La la la la I can't hear you lalalala.

Spud likes this.
  5. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

I got my email yesterday. I am not interested in ordering at this time, but here is what seems kind of piss poor to me:

I got a Wolfman maybe around a year ago?? It was right about the time he had his first price increase, but I had been waiting long enough, and he honored the price from when I had been placed in waiting. (For timeframe reference.)

During the communications, and right after I received my razor, I asked to be placed on his list for a second. So after being a customer that supported him before all the Wolfman hype and hysteria was into full swing (It was for sure getting started TBH), and a year (ish) of waiting, I get an e mail that invites me to try to get on the list again? Give me a break.

The Wolfman was by far the prettiest razor I have ever owned. The workmanship was absolutely second to none, and it was gorgeous to look at. I do not mean to disparage the product as an art form, or deny that they are becoming a sort of unobtainium, but you know what? As far as shaving my face? It was fine, but I owned a dozen razors I liked better. (Obviously, YMMV.)

This is not a sour grapes comment, as I have had my shot already, and am not looking to buy.

I get all the defenses about his being an artisan or skilled craftsman, who works alone and should be cut some slack. My complaint is that how exactly do some people have collections of these things? They sure as Hell aren't picking them up on BST listings. I have only ever seen a few of them listed, and one of them was mine when I sold it.

Is there a secret sign? Is it like getting through the bouncer's rope into that cool nightclub on a Saturday? It is starting to remind me of trying to get Lee Sabini to answer an e mail.

I see so many posts from people who want to buy their first high end razor, and Wolfman is always listed up top. There are so many awesome stainless razors out there that are actually available, from people who spend time with the community, without waiting a year to maybe be lucky enough to wait another year........

My recommendation to everyone who isn't a collector looking for one of these like one looks for a rare - ish coin or firearm? Look somewhere else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. NickMach007

NickMach007 Member

Yep...I'll give it a shot, but I won't be disappointed if I don't make it on to the list. Good luck to everyone.

Redfisher likes this.
  7. Lilan

Lilan Active Member

Well said PickledNorthern, would love to have one of those, but not at that price point and inconvienence, I will stick with ATT!

Keithmax, Darkbulb, Redfisher and 2 others like this.
  8. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Good luck. I was lucky enough to get my first last year and with a friend got on the wait list again before it closed and prices went up. His order came up last week and I have my second razor head on the way.

I understand the hassle of the wait list. But do keep in mind that the SS razor head is less than an ATT head. The prices on the site are in CAD not USD. A complete SS razor is marginally more expensive than ATT but not greatly so. Furthermore, in reading the news letter he intends to have items in stocks on a more frequent basis to avoid the wait list.

Redfisher and Spud like this.
  9. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

indeed luck has been on my side considering I got on the list while at work, the same thing happened when I bought the Razorock Wunderbar also at work. I'm one lucky SOB

10. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Check the update page on his website. Some sort of software glitch so he randomly picked 40 numbers for the list.

Redfisher and blashe like this.
  11. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

yup checked and still I'm in the game!!! told ya I'm one lucky SOB

Str8 Shaver, Redfisher and clint64 like this.
  12. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Congrats I am happy for you.

Redfisher likes this.
  13. navy mac

navy mac Well-Known Member

Forget the wait list, I scored one on his site after I was let down by the whole random numbers thing.

Fellowship of cold water shavers

Redfisher, Spud and clint64 like this.
  14. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Congrats. I watched as a spectator as the items were open for purchase. They were gone very quickly.

Redfisher likes this.
  15. navy mac

navy mac Well-Known Member

I just got very lucky

Fellowship of cold water shavers

Redfisher, Spud and clint64 like this.
  16. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

I love my ATT. It's a beauty and a great razor to shave with. I admit I'd like to have a Wolfman for the same reasons everyone else here does, but I just can't justify spending that much money on a razor just for the sake of having one. I won't be looking to be on a list right now.

Redfisher likes this.
  17. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

I really wanted to get one, After being on the wait list for a month or 2 I got the ordering email but after purchasing the Timeless Razor open comb I really don't think anything else could be better in a modern stainless steel razor. And the razor was in stock delivered in a week. So I passed on the deal.

PickledNorthern, Spud, Lilan and 2 others like this.
  18. Lilan

Lilan Active Member

Well said spud!

Spud and Redfisher like this.
  19. NickMach007

NickMach007 Member

Yeah, i keep hearing good things about the Timeless...It is getting more enticing for sure

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Spud, Redfisher and clint64 like this.
  20. Robie Persaud

Robie Persaud Member

Yeah I prepared for this ever since I got the e-mail notification a few days ago. Was very excited when I got on the list today at #95, but got BUMMED a few minutes later. I logged on to the Wolfman website and got lucky. Scored a WR1-DC and WRH3 handle.

Hope this razor is worth all the hype and $300 Canadian, as I think I get the best shave with my $10 Gillette Tech. I do think James should have honored the first 40 that registered and then the next 40 and so on instead of having to do it all over again in a month.

Lilan, Spud, Redfisher and 2 others like this.