SoS: July 11, 2016 - July 17, 2016

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Jul 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. billdog2

billdog2 Well-Known Member

I did the same thing (almost). Saw a lot of good things said about Shea butter, so I bought a tube at Walmart for just a couple bucks. I had picked up a cheap razor on the bay, so I put them together, I think ,with a decent blade it might be alright. The razor (Hashir) is so mild, and with the poor blade, I had a difficult time getting very close. You`re right, it was worth a try, if you don`t , you never learn. Happy shaving. My shave isn't all that bad, but not what wanted.

Bill

Douglas Carey, ilts, clint64 and 2 others like this.
  2. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Thanks Bill! I always enjoy your insight and wisdom!

Douglas Carey, clint64 and Robyflexx like this.
  3. Str8 Shaver

Str8 Shaver Well-Known Member

Prep - Noxzema / Hot towel
    Pre shave - Proraso
    Razor – Weber ARC
    Blade – Gillette 7 O'Clock Sharp Edge
    Brush - 'Mama Chub' (Chubby 2 Two Band)
    Soap – Phoenix and Beau Denali
    Post - Witch Hazel

a wonderful BBS shave, even though the blade wasn't as smooth as I'd like..meanwhile, Denali is just out of this world, crazy good!!

4. billdog2

That`s precious, `Nothing to look at except a dolphin smooth shave` Nice going buddy.

Bill

Douglas Carey, clint64 and Robyflexx like this.
  5. celestino

celestino Friendly Neighborhood Wetshaver

16 July 2016

* Muhle DE89 + Stork Aristocrat 2 Titanium

* Iridium Super
    * WSP Stubby 2-Band + Doug Korn Amber Taca
    * Mystic Water Lavender/Lime
    * Unrefined Shea Butter
    * Bergamot/Vetiver EO

[​IMG]

6. Roderick

Roderick Well-Known Member

July 16 SOTD
    Grand Shave King / Feather (1)
    Pre de Provence
    Omega 10083 Professional Boar
    Nivea Cool Kick ASB
    Pinaud Clubman AS
    A late shave today because I was up late watching Kirk Sutherland win his first aggregate title at the stampede. A very good shave this morning with one of the mildest razors in the den. The original DOC, it is a beauty to look at and would be a perfect razor for a beginner. This was the last shave I got from the PdP sample and while it creates excellent lather I do not see myself purchasing it anytime soon. Dolphin smooth today. Have a blessed day gentlemen.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

7. billdog2

Ah, come on!

Bill

8. billdog2

Beautiful razor, but the brush handle is not only unusual, but also beautiful! Really nice.

Bill

Douglas Carey, Bobcat and clint64 like this.
  9. Gabe

Gabe Well-Known Member

10. billdog2

Don`t think I`ve ever seen this particular razor before (looks like a cart). Would enjoy more info. I will research on Google anyway. I`m just naturally curious. Thanks.

Bill

11. lindyhopper66

lindyhopper66 Well-Known Member

Tanifuji Maxfli
    Omega Synthetic "Boar" Brush
    QED Vetiver Shave Stick
    Crabtree & Evelyn Nomad AFfer Shave Balm

DSC03172.jpg

12. billdog2

Oh!!! Man oh man, what a beautiful razor. I could just sit and look at it all day.

Bill

13. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Bill, that's one of the later aluminum Atra handles.

Douglas Carey, clint64 and ram57 like this.
  14. celestino

celestino Friendly Neighborhood Wetshaver

:)

15. Number six

Number six Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Mongoose/Feather Super ~ EnvyShave DFS LE ~ TFS Hercules
    Two replacement items today: the first red Mongoose head was defective and there was no blade exposure. This one seems to be fine though I needed the Super to get enough efficiency for a good shave. The original Silver Tip knot was an unfortunate shedder. This knot has lost only two or three hairs and is a real beauty. Thanks to two fine purveyors and craftsmen.

16. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Sunday morning:

Neutrogena Men Facial Wash :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Razorock Plissoft 26mm Monster
    Parker R22/Shark day 7
    Krampert's Frostbite SS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Lucky Tiger AS Cream :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Krampert's Frostbite AS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:

The Frostbite soap and balm as well as the Lucky Tiger a/s cream come from Italian Barber - they're all terrific products. Very, very strong menthol and great skincare. I'm really happy I re-visited my Parker R22 because it's giving me excellent shaves these days! ;) :D

A special shout-out to my Plissoft synthetic which also comes from Italian Barber - how could I forget that? :rofl:

DSC_1341_large.jpg 81zBq9KTQ8L._SX522_.jpg krampertfrostbitesoap2_1024x1024.jpg ltdisappearingcream_grande.jpg krampertsfrostbite_1024x1024.jpg

17. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Route 66 Twisted Tweed
    Rubberset 400
    Ever-Ready Lather Catcher
    Vintage Ever-Ready Blade
    Alum
    Thayers WH
    Fine Clean Vetiver AS
    Have a great weekend!
    [​IMG]

18. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

SOTD: One final shave with this duo before packing them up for @mrchick …Two broadly different razors to use in one sitting, but both performed very well. BBS-quality!

[​IMG]

19. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

SOTD July 16/6
    Razor - Gillette New RFB No.44 "FABRIQUÉ EN ANGLETERRE" French market
    Brush - Muhle synthetic
    Cream - LEA new formula
    image.jpeg
    The first time use Lea cream turned out to be another very good inexpensive recommended product. A guaranteed BBS shave when paired with the RFab No.44.
    More information on RFB here.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
  20. billdog2

Never mind it is exactly like the one I have. I thought, with the name contour, there was something new out there.

Bill

crackstar, clint64, Drawer and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.