Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Oh my goodness! It's like going to the PAL Adj. heaven! :love029::love055:

zec668, BearCWY, Billyfergie and 3 others like this.
  2. Roderick

Roderick Well-Known Member

You do not need to ever flip a blade in an injector. Put it in, get your 10 to 12 shaves, and insert a new blade. Always have a blade loaded when changing blades so you do not run the new blade across the stops. Only open your E1 to clean it. I can not answer your question as to the manufacturing of the E1. All of the E1's I have seen were made in the US.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

BearCWY, Billyfergie, Karl G and 4 others like this.
  3. spidey9

spidey9 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Today's Shave: Wednesday July 20, 2016

Ever-Ready Improved Safety Razor
    Gem stainless steel ptfe coated (3)
    Fine Angel Hair 20mm synthetic brush
    LA Shaving Soap Co. Blackfern
    Pinaud Lilac Vegetal aftershave

Continuing my week of Razors That I Haven't Used In A While, today's shave features an Ever-Ready 1912. This particular model is the "Ever-Ready Improved Safety Razor" that ASR re-introduced in 1930 with a few minor changes from earlier 1912's. One of these changes was offering a chrome plated version. Besides looking great, this finish is much more durable than nickel or gold - great for a razor that is going to be used rather than displayed. I also believe that some changes in the head were made in order to accommodate modern blades - no shim needed for a great shave.

The Damaskeenes get all the hype, but this 1912 is one smooth shaver. Today I enjoyed as good a shave as I've ever gotten from any 1912; one of my more memorable shaves, period. It's nice to have a razor that looks great, delivers excellent shaves, is easy to find and won't break the bank.

--Bob

4. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Today's line up was a winner. The Super Chromium Schick's paired with a repeater are heaven. In my C they make it seem as if they whisper the stubble into submission. I almost thought I'd exceeded the limit on how much water to add with the Haslinger's but it came up practically perfect. One, two, three, the whiskers fell with outstanding reduction and a dolphin smooth, face-rubbing-goodness result. All shaves should be like this. :happy036:

AOS Lavender PSO
    Haslinger Aloe Vera Shave Soap
    T&H Wellington Super Badger
    Schick C3 type repeater
    NOS Schick Super Chromium (3)
    T&H Classic After Shave Balm

C AOS HASVA TH TH.JPG

Happy shaving - Karl

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
  5. kenloupa

kenloupa Active Member

I totally agree!! My C1, C2 and C3 all shave amazingly smooth and are great whisker whackers.

I've only used Chick blades in them so far, as that's all I have but they perform great as well.

:bounce015:

6. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

:signs011: You read my mind.....I'd say all of them, but if you could only get one.....I'm with Karl on this one....
    @ob1page
    You will probably like all of them....The ER is probably the most efficient, in my book....I love them all, but a shovelhead is going in my "Desert Island" Kit....:happy108:

BearCWY, Billyfergie, Jim99 and 3 others like this.
  7. Bird Lives

Yeahhh....See? I've been singing the C3's praises for solid well grounded reasons.....It WORKS ! One of Octavious Rodrigues' Masterpieces!!!!

BearCWY, Billyfergie, Jim99 and 2 others like this.
  8. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

You got that right. Masterpiece is the word. :happy036:

9. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

As Far as I Can Gather & I Mean Gather Cause I Don't Know for Sure...The Type E 1 was Only Made for a Matter of Months in the USA..The Early Type E 2 that Opens was Made in Canada but they are Quite Rare..That Would Suggest that they were Only Made in Canada at the lateral End before they Discontinued it with the Later Type E 2s..:D

But..Hey..A Canadian Type E 1 Just Might Turn Up Yet..:happy088:

Billy..:chores016:

Karl G, BearCWY, ob1page and 2 others like this.
  10. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Thanks Billy, knew would would have some insight on this. In search of an early Canadian Type E2 that opens. ;)

11. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

There has been a Few of the Canadian Type E 2s that Opens Showed Up Around Here.. @Herm2502 has One if I Remember Right & a Couple of Others..They are Very Rare Though..The Canadian Plant Only Ever made Type E Injectors to My Knowledge..The Canadian Plant Continued to Make Type E Injector's into the Mid 50s..:)

The USA Plant Stopped Making Type Es' in 1946 with the Intro of the Type G 1 when Eversharp Took Over the Company..:eatdrink047:

Billy..:chores016:

Bird Lives, Karl G, BearCWY and 2 others like this.
  12. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Great info. I have a regular Canadian E2,E3 and black handle E5 all stationary type. Liking the open variety lately. Been on week long E1 run and liking it.

Roderick, Robyflexx, Karl G and 3 others like this.
  13. BearCWY

BearCWY Well-Known Member

SOTD
    7/20/16

Pre: shower, Nivea Face wash
    Razor: GEM Featherweight
    Blade: Gem Stainless/Persona SE
    Brush: VDH Badger
    Soap: Haslinger

I was given the other day a new brush to try, a Van Der Hagen Badger. It seemed pretty nice at fist glance but I noticed it was pretty soft. Once I soaked it to get it ready I noticed it was extremely floppy, so I grabbed an old hair band and tried to put around the base where the knot meets the handle. It improved it a little, but not to my liking. I went ahead and loaded the brush and it had a hard time loading soap. I spent two to three times longer trying to load it than I do any of my other brushes. I finally got it and tried to lather my face like I normally do but it was a no go. It was just too floppy to do it, I had to paint on the lather and it didn't hold enough for additional passes. First pass after fighting to get lathered was WTG and despite the problems lathering I got really good reduction. oh I failed to mention this was two days growth, I fell asleep last night before I had a chance to shave. Second pass was XTG and again getting really good reduction, at that point I was almost BBS. I decided to go ahead and see if I could catch it tonight, it was going so well. Third pass was ATG and it finished it off great I was dolphin smooth with some minor irritation on my neck as was told by the alum. I rinsed my face off again and rubbed on some witch hazel and let it dry before grabbing the Veg. The veg let me know where I had gotten some irritation but it wasn't bad. I cleaned everything up and called it a good shave. I hope everyone had a Great shave today, and well catch you tomorrow! I may get a different knot and put it in that handle.

Roderick, Jayaruh, PLAla and 7 others like this.
  14. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Love that brush Tom. If you ever wanted to trade it for something I'd be interested.

15. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

I will keep that in mind. It actually lathered up good enough for 2 passes.

Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. zec668

zec668 Well-Known Member

Lucky sons :)

17. Bird Lives

Great Pic, BTW!....Dream Kit

Robyflexx, Karl G and Billyfergie like this.
  18. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Thu. 7/21/16

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A wonderful shaving experience this morning. This Palmolive Cool Menthol shave cream was gifted to me by my friend Lance aka @Skinny Rogers and I'm ever so grateful. It packs a potent menthol effect and provides massive coverage not unlike that of KMF. Lance is a very busy man and despite this he always finds time to participate with his friends. Thank you Lance! The Schick N1 is such an excellent razor and when paired with twin blades it's unstoppable. I know it can be an elusive injector razor to find but the hunt is well worth it. It's sleek and well built but also very easy to maneuver. I highly recommend it to all injector enthusiasts. Three passes and I am dolphin smooth and refreshed. Have a great day folks. :)

19. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

SOTD July 21, 2016

Cold Water.jpg

Blade: GEM Stainless
    Razor: GEM Featherweight
    Brush: Artisan badger
    Lather: Country Club Cahaba Blues
    Post: Witch hazel splash, Boll Weevil Freedom after shave soother, Nivea sensitive balm
    WTG, touch-up

Better shave today with these products than the past two shaves. The Featherweight is a great little razor. It needs a light touch. I have to watch the angle on my neck because get a burned feeling now and then in the more sensitive areas. But all in all a nice shave.

Hope you have a great day!

SOTD 7-21-16.JPG

20. Bird Lives

I think the Canadian Plant :git:'s for carrying on the E tradition into the '50's....I have always loved the E types.....But then I have never met a Schick Injector that I didn't get on with famously......:eatdrink047: If we could find a Canadian E1.......then I suppose that would have to be the Unicorn Danglies.....:rofl:

Roderick, Karl G, Jim99 and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.