Mongoose Owners Razor Society (MORS)

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Darkbulb, Aug 19, 2015.

1. spidey9

spidey9 Well-Known Member

I just noticed that there is now a new version of the stainless steel Mongoose available, the "Mongoose 2." Essentially the head has been modified in a manner similar to the Alumigoose 2 - it is slimmer, lighter, and the threaded shaft has been moved back slightly, eliminating the flaw, quirk or whatever anyone wishes to call it. It comes with a hex handle, and any standard handle should fit with no issues.

--Bob

Douglas Carey, Redfisher and clint64 like this.
  2. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Route 66 Twisted Tweed
    Rubberset 400
    Mongoose
    Feather Pro (3)
    Alum
    Nancy Boy AS Balm
    Myrsol Blue AS
    Have a great week![​IMG]

3. kenloupa

kenloupa Active Member

First shave with my black Alumigoose this morning. I used a Kai mild blade since I don't know the razor yet and had no issues but could get closer. Will try the Feather PRO and Super Pro next. I love the light weight of the razor and the wide width as well as the overall feel. A definite keeper. :happy088:

Douglas Carey likes this.
  4. mrchick

I did the same progression and grew to really like the Super Pro. I still use all of the blades I have but will probably settle on the Super Pro when the others are used up.

Douglas Carey and kenloupa like this.
  5. mrchick

Having said that

Mystery Soap Sample
    Stirling Finest Badger
    Mongoose
    Feather Pro (4)
    Alum
    Lucky Tiger
    Fine Fresh Vetiver AS
    Have fun![​IMG]

Douglas Carey, Boojum1 and clint64 like this.
  6. kenloupa

kenloupa Active Member

Thanks Mr. Chick! Good to know.

Douglas Carey, mrchick and clint64 like this.
  7. R41

R41 Member

By far the best handle I've found for the mongoose head! Excellent grip, hefty but not super heavy. Same length as the dub slim but not as heavy and it's brass.
    0719161708_Fotor.jpg

Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
    Douglas Carey, clint64 and Redfisher like this.
  8. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Sun. 7/24/16

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wonderful three pass shave this morning with the Alumigoose. This razor despite being large is very easy to maneuver and contours the face very nicely. I found it very easy to shave with it in either hand and that's a big plus for me. My only caveat is with these Kai blades that were included in the sale and that is I wish they had a bit more bite. On my XTG pass I required more strokes than what is acceptable to me so I will seek out the Feather blades. Tomorrow I will try it with the Dr. Bomber handle which was also part of the sale. This handle is much heavier and I'm hoping to remedy this problem to some degree. This Stirling Glacial Eskimo Tuxedo soap was kindly gifted to me by my buddy Ray with the razor and it's insanely cold. I believe it may be the coldest one I have at the moment. Love it! :love: I am dolphin smooth and refreshed, have a wonderful day friends. :)

9. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Great looking photo. Tryablade has a sampler pack for the Mongoose that allows you do try all the different blades without a large investment.

Douglas Carey and Robyflexx like this.
  10. Robyflexx

Thank you Clint and I'll look into it today. :)

Douglas Carey and clint64 like this.
  11. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Just a note. The Feather Light blades will not work in the Mongoose/AlumiGoose razors.

Douglas Carey and Robyflexx like this.
  12. Robyflexx

:thanks:

13. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Hey Rob welcome to the Goose Partay! My go to blade for the AlumiGoose 2 is the Feather Pro Super. The blade with the most bite.

14. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

Same Here!

Douglas Carey, Robyflexx and clint64 like this.
  15. Robyflexx

Thank you guys, I will be ordering some shortly. :)

16. kenloupa

kenloupa Active Member

Ditto here as well: The only blade I really like with Alumigoose V2 is the Feather Pro Super. Great pairing!!

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
    Douglas Carey, clint64 and Robyflexx like this.
  17. Robyflexx

Mon. 7/25/16

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Excellent shave this morning with the Alumigoose razor. This Dr. Bomber handle really stepped it up a notch and made for a very comfortable three pass shave with little effort. This is a fun razor to shave with, the head is so long that watching the shave soap disappear reminds me of those professional window washers with their long squeegee's. Tabac shave stick produced it's wonderful rich, luxurious lather as always. I am dolphin smooth and refreshed. Have a great day friends. :)

Douglas Carey, kenloupa and clint64 like this.
  18. Robyflexx

Tue. 8/2/16

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just now I completed a wonderful three pass shave with the Alumigoose. My Mongoose blade sampler came in yesterday and today I tried the Feather Pro Super blade with wonderful results. La Toja produced it's usual creamy, slick, protective lather. I am dolphin smooth and refreshed. Enjoy your day my friends. :)

kenloupa, Douglas Carey and clint64 like this.
  19. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

August 2, 2016
    Mongoose B2 with Triad Ti
    Feather Pro (3)

[​IMG]

Douglas Carey likes this.
  20. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Excellent setup this morning Clint. Looks like a great start today. Have a good one.

clint64 likes this.