Just trying some things out.

Discussion in 'Post testing' started by PickledNorthern, Jul 19, 2016.

1. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

⌚️

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  2. RyX

RyX DoH!

3. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

4. Bama Samurai

5. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

6. RyX

RyX DoH!

Grrr, Vanna can I get a clue about posting photos using Tapatalk?
    I see a row of six icons. First on the left is camera, giving option of taking a new photo or video. Not what I want. Second icon is a stylized painting of a couple mountains. It takes me to my images stored in my phone. When I select a photo it goes to my image editor. From there I don't know how to make it upload the image.
    Third icon is emoji - skip.
    Fourth icon is paperclip - that's attach a file! Not so much. It also brings me to images, and then to editor with no obvious *go* button.
    I'm sure I've done this at least once because that's how I found out my phone has an image editor app.
    I hate it when my phone assumes I know what I'm doing.

Via Kyocera / Tapatalk

7. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Whadja do, climb Camelback Mountain (overelooking Phoenix&Scottsdale, AZ)?

8. Bama Samurai

Go into your Tapatalk settings and turn off image editor. You should be able to take it from there.

RyX likes this.
  9. RyX

RyX DoH!

Not my photo, that's our odd friend Sacha Noam Baron Cohen. A British actor known for pushing the envelope. This is his character Borat Sagdiyev.
    If you are curious, here's a video full of uncomfortable encounters and cultural confusion. (May contain adult situations and off color language)

10. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Oh, OK :).

11. Straight razor dandy

12. Straight razor dandy

The above:
    1) a high quality hand made lathering mug/scuttle i found at a thrift store for $1.50 today

2) an airstream on the patio of a killer restaurant by my house

3) my SOTD with mama bear's "rose ice", 1959 fatboy gillette, aqua velva, and edwin jagger bowl and ej best badger brush

13. RyX

RyX DoH!

1) Nice!

2) Beauty!

3) Good stuff!

I'm going to be using my '59 FatBoy the whole month of August. I already get great shaves with it, but I want to be better ;) @Straight razor dandy you might stop in at the 30 Day Rule/Focus thread. Lots of Vintage Gillettes will be in use this month. Simultaneous intercontinental blade sampling will be happening.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  14. Straight razor dandy

Thank you! I may consider a focus time actually. I mostly sr shave, but i had been using a mach 3 when i need really quick shaves (maybe once or twice a week)...but im beginning to get away from that by using a de now. I have tried a couple of them, but i now own a fatboy. Do you have any recommendations? I have been expetimenting with it, but any thoughts on blades, adjustable number(5, 7, 9), etc. would be great.

RyX likes this.
  15. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    trailer.jpg

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
    RyX and Straight razor dandy like this.
  16. RyX

RyX DoH!

You visited my ex-inlaws in West Virginia?

Yes! Low (#1) is milder, high (#9) is aggressive. That's a simplification; It's about blade gap. I know someone has put a feeler gauge to it for actual measurements. If you have a preference for a particular DE blade use it. Start on #3, shave your cheeks in a WTG, try your neck at the same setting. If that's ok, next shave bump up to #4. Keep going up until you get irritation, then step down one number. You may choose to use different setting on cheeks or neck. That's the beauty of Adjustable; you can fine tune the razor to the brand of blade, and the different zones of your face. Do pay attention to "Riding the Cap". The safety bar never touches my face because I keep the razor just off of perpendicular to achieve a straight razor like 30 degrees or so.
    All this and more can be further explained by folks with all the details in the 30 day group.

Straight razor dandy likes this.
  17. Straight razor dandy

Thank you @RyX

RyX likes this.
  18. Straight razor dandy

19. Straight razor dandy

Huh...it didnt share any of my images...

20. Bama Samurai

Gif files may be size limited, don't know for sure.