What is your DE razor "Holy Grail" or "Go-To"?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Straight razor dandy, Jul 12, 2016.

1. navy mac

navy mac Well-Known Member

Wolfman SB with a titanium Triad handle. My two unicorns in one

Fellowship of cold water shavers

2. nikonNUT

nikonNUT Well-Known Member

1930 New Deluxe Aristocrat set and/or a Gillette Military set. The set with the Bulldog (Officers?)

Straight razor dandy likes this.
  3. Spiez

Spiez Active Member

I think I found my holy grail today. My new. IKON X3.

Jorvaljr and tuxxdk like this.
  4. Spiez

Spiez Active Member

Terry, I know this is off subject, but how do you like that TOBS jermyn street cream? You can PM me if you don't want to answer here.

5. The FatBoy... The Gillette 1959 FatBoy

6. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

I just bought a very nice example of a 1959 e 3 fatboy the other day. Its in great shape, but the case has a little damage.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
    LOOT likes this.
  7. Straight razor dandy

Oh...and for anyone who is curious...I bought an Edwin Jagger 3D Laser cut de razor the other day. It is a beauty. I know several people were curious about it. I will give my review when i get it in.

Jorvaljr likes this.
  8. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

I just bought 3 of them. Pricing was too good to pass them up.

LOOT likes this.
  9. Jorvaljr

I never heard of it. Look forward to seeing pics and your review.

10. Straight razor dandy

I have to ask. How much did u give for them?

Jorvaljr likes this.
  11. Terry Williams

Terry Williams Well-Known Member

@Spiez I really like it. Maybe even love it. It has a great classic scent, foams up like a big dog, and shaves very smooth. I have found that some of my favorites (like Cella) are not as slick as TOBS. They have a tendency to cause the cap of my razors to stick to my skin a little. Not a huge deal, but a little annoying. I am at no risk of running out soon, but I do find that I go through it a little faster as it is a cream.

Still loving my Feather AS-D2 (obligatory topical info). This week it sported an Astra SP. I like a Feather Hi SS a little better in this razor, but even with the Astra it's still shaving like we were meant for each other.

Jorvaljr likes this.
  12. Jorvaljr

The first one I paid $17 but came with a gem SE and a Gillette ball end tech
    The second one I paid $27 with a broken case
    The third I paid $27 with a red tip that lost its paint and a super speed flare tip.

But I only bought them to resell. Currently it's what I'm doing. Due to a limited budget, I've been buying and reselling razors to buy the ones I really want. It's how I was able to buy a couple of English aristocrats and the president I have. i have only 2 more razors on my list and then I will be done . And I won't have to continue buying and selling. It's too tedious and I'm getting tired of it.

LOOT and Terry Williams like this.
  13. Terry Williams

Terry Williams Well-Known Member

Man! That is some wicked self-control.

14. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

Muhle R41 v2013 with a iKon Bamboo Handle is my holy grail razor ;)

15. gagarin

gagarin New Member

For me, the iKon 2010 OC LE reigns supreme. Mine is #07. I use it with my favorite handle, a Wolfman WRH7. Through some sort of alchemy not since repeated, Greg created the perfect blend of smoothness and efficiency. The razor is a bit of a unicorn, since only 100 numbered LE's were produced in the summer of 2010.

Following close behind is my Rockwell 6S with Weber bulldog handle.

16. Straight razor dandy

There is a very nice WW1 gillette safety razor kit with case on ebay right now.

It. Is. Awesome.

Robyflexx likes this.
  17. Straight razor dandy

For modern razors, I really like the blackland Blackbird razor, The timeless scalloped razor, and charcoal goods razors/handles. The triad handles look great as well. I also think the BBS 1 us pretty sweet.

For vintage, I think it's tough to beat a Fatboy or aristocrat.

I'm not sure where they fit in, but Delta echo razors refinished vintage items are incredible as well.

18. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Bakelite Shake Sharp (with shim) is the most enjoyable razor I've used. As efficient as any SE or injector, closer than any DE while far smoother than say an R41.

[​IMG]

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

19. brit

brit in a box

holy grail razor; my# 66 british aristocrat.after ww2 england was rebuilding slowly.this razor was well built and works well.my grandparents didn t own one.i am fortunate to own and use it.my go to is the #1 rocket.i save the #66 for special shaves.

Robyflexx and mrchick like this.
  20. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

I recently acquired a floating head. IT'S VERY NICE. maybe as good as it gets.

Robyflexx and Norcalnewb like this.