The man purse

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Single Wedge, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Single Wedge

Single Wedge New Member

Do you have one? Secretly want one? Disguise it as a gym bag or backpack?

Come out and join the rest of us that embrace the man purse.

DISCLAIMER: Make sure that it is NOT a real purse or hip/fannypack.

I carry a Timbuk large messenger bag. Why? Well it large and guys we like big things. I have two kids. It carries all their stuff, mine and my wife's. Also it is great for work as I can take my running gear, lunch and books while still being comfortable. It is waterproof and hard to pickpocket. Durable as leather chaps and custom colored.

2. Will

Will Nevermind

The ony thing a dude should carry

Wallet
    Gym Bag/Backpack
    Briefcase
    Diaper Bag

Just say no to the Murse.

3. Single Wedge

Single Wedge New Member

Wallet in the front pocket, and everything else in the timbuk. No fuss and 1 bag.

4. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

I like bags :laugh042

5. jnich67

jnich67 Member

+1

Use a manly backpack/briefcase, etc if you need to carry stuff. Purses are for girls. :D

Jordan :happy036

6. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

No murses. Ever ever ever. No fanny packs either. Not even the new-age 100$ ones. Its still a fanny pack. You could use a messanger bag and be okay. Heck, I'd say its your best bet. If you want a messanger bag and still want to look good, I'd suggest a nice leather one. Just because you've got an 8 month old throwing up on one arm, doesnt mean you cant have a sweet bag on the other.

http://www.bananarepublic.com/browse/product.do?cid=30847&pid=375296&scid=375296002
    http://www.bluefly.com/pages/browse/list.jsp?Nao=0&Nu=Product+ID&Ns=Popularity%7C0%7C%7CProduct+Code%7C1&N=1269585&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=1269585

7. The Chebb

The Chebb New Member

Only bag I carry is a camera bag....with camera gear in it when I go out picture takin' :D

8. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Laptop case and files for work. Period. If I wanted to carry a purse, I'd have that operation. :rolleyes:

9. Single Wedge

Single Wedge New Member

LOL and/or ROFL :happy102:happy102:happy102

10. Milton

Milton New Member

Its a European Carry-All.

[​IMG]

11. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

TV seinfeld = man purse. REAL seinfeld = Gucci messanger bag in his carrera GT.

12. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

No man bag here...just a rather lawyerly looking briefcase and occasionally the laptop case.

13. TG_Charles

TG_Charles Member

I walk to and from work and I carry my lunch, folding umbrella and a few other odds and ends in a black canvas tote bag. Hey, I’m 53, if anyone thinks I look less than manly carrying a tote bag, I don't care – it’s practical and convenient and that’s all that matters to me.

14. GeNn

GeNn Member

15. freemartin

freemartin Afficianado of "cans"

I prefer my Satchel, or I have an old camera bag I use as well, or a sporran depending on my attire. It doesn't offend me if anyone confuses any of them for a man purse.

16. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

leather wallet and leather briefcase for me.

17. Single Wedge

Single Wedge New Member

Here is link for the Timbuk products. You can design your own so that you don't have to look like everyone else.

+1 on the removal. Thanks.:cool:

18. hoglahoo

hoglahoo Yesterday's News

My jeans have pockets
    They're all I need
    Sometimes I get funny looks though
    Carrying all those jeans around

19. Mr. Tadashi

Mr. Tadashi Member

If I do use one I have a North Face Messenger bag that I typically use or if I am going on a long bike ride or need to cary alot I have a Black bag made by Seagull Bags.(Large messenger bag)

20. bandit

bandit New Member

those are cool bags. thanks for the link. :)