It's Over

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Baron, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Baron

Baron New Member

And it wasn't even close...

I'd been thinking of trying something other than the Feather in my slant... so Doc sent me some Sharp's and some IP's.

I loaded up the Sharp's for week one of testing. I have two slant's that I just alternate with, both loaded with the same blade, with Feather's I go replace them both every Sunday.

Well, by Wednesday it felt like they needed replacing. I thought maybe that's just cause they feel different... nope, it wasn't, Thursday was bad, Friday was worse (and remember, that was probably the 3rd use for those blades). Saturday I decided I didn't want to try it, and I didn't shave until mid-afternoon. So I figured I'd throw a new IP in and start testing it a little early.

Wow, what a bad idea... I barely got through a quarter of my face (on a day and a half growth). Pulling/Tugging/Pain through the whole thing. Bad blade I thought... switched it out, same thing for the next quarter. Okay, that's it, throw a Feather in again and it was smooth sailing for the rest of the shave.

So I guess my "blade testing" days are over (at least for DE). I've tried pretty much everything and the Feather keeps winning, so I'm sticking with it. :D

2. Will

Will Nevermind

YMMV. :)

I Find Feathers really good, Just a little harsh. The Sharps and 7 am are good for me.

Sorry not for you Michael.

3. Baron

Baron New Member

Oh yes.. thanks Doc... I forgot...

YMMV

hehe :)

4. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    How many shaves did you try to get out of a single SHARP? :confused:

I only go for 3 shaves with a SHARP. As do most folks.

5. Baron

Baron New Member

Thursday and Friday were the third shaves on each blade. They were painful.

Tuesday and Wednesday felt like it was time to replace (second shave)

6. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Thanks for clarifying that for me.

Sorry the SHARPs didn't work out for you.

7. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

:D I agree !!
    Nothing but Derby's for me......
    I gots some Feathers ready to trade !!!:D

8. Baron

Baron New Member

eh, nothing to be sorry about :) as always... YMMV, and apparently, mine did greatly :)

9. Smedley

Smedley New Member

I'm looking forward to trying my Feathers for the first time next week.

Then maybe I'll be looking as forward to trading them off through the tears of pain. :rofl

10. DragonBoy

DragonBoy Team Player

Hey Baron, there are some Derbys in the mail heading for you.. Strange you havent recieved them yet.. Those you should try even if you love your Feathers..

11. Lynchmeister

Lynchmeister New Member

I only get two shaves per Derby blade, but those are two good shaves!

12. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

I get 3 good shaves out of a Derby and decent one on the 4th. after that I must toss them I tried 5 then I end up doing blade buffing with PSO and a Fresh Feather.
    But somehow when I tried a Derby Extra in the Gillette No66 that was some great shave. Then I used the Derby thinking I will get the same experience in the fatboy and the blade seriously didnt perform as good as in the No66 Im like :confused: normally Feather is my go to blade for the Gillette No66.

13. madmedic

madmedic Resistance Is Futile

I never use a Sharp blade for more than 2 shaves!

14. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Guess they're not all that "Sharp"? :D

Queenie (sorry, dear) sent me some Sharps and they're ok, I guess, but there HAS to be something better out there for me. TOday, I received a 100-pak of Derby Extras so we'll see how that goes. I know 100 is a lot if I don't like them, but for $12.99 delivered, how wrong can I go?

15. madmedic

madmedic Resistance Is Futile

Michael.....Derbys are excellent . I have a couple of hundred of them......just don't use them as much as I should because I also have 500 Israelis:confused:

16. johnniegold

johnniegold New Member

Derbys and IPs for me. 3 and out on each one.

17. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    I love the sharp blades, but i never exceed 2 shaves on a blade.

18. Will

Will Nevermind

3 shaves for EVERY blade!

Not that they all wont last, It is just a habbit.