The US West Coast Bunny Injector Pass-Around

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Rufus T., Feb 20, 2016.

1. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

Burma-Shave!

Karl G and twhite like this.
  2. RyX

RyX DoH!

Not sure if I wasn't paying attention , or if it happened before my time. Maybe regional. I don't recall the Burma Shave advertising.

Karl G and twhite like this.
  3. The Other Donald

The Other Donald Well-Known Member

Unless you're well over 60, it happened before your time. The Burma Shave roadside jingles ended in 1963.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
    Karl G likes this.
  4. RyX

RyX DoH!

Ended before I learned to read. That explains it!

BeShaved, Karl G and twhite like this.
  5. The Other Donald

The Bunny Razor shaves so clean,
    That I get two days in between.
    Bunny Shave.

6. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

I really like that of the Bunny. I only have one maybe two other razors that can do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Me too. The Schick H and the PAL Injecto Matic. :) But the Bunny is the only open comb that can do that. ;)

Billyfergie, ob1page, RyX and 2 others like this.
  8. The Other Donald

I had my third shave with The Bunny this morning, without a comb attached, and it was not as close a shave as the last.
    It was the third shave on this (Chinese Schick) blade, and it was starting to lose it's edge. Usually I get 5 or 6 shaves out of one of those blades, but not this time.
    Maybe it was the blade, or maybe it was The Bunny. I don't know.
    Could The Bunny go through blades faster than Pal or Schick razors? Again, I don't know.
    The Muhle R41 certainly goes through DE blades faster than other DE razors; 3 shaves per blade at best, before deterioration is noticeable.
    Has anyone else made similar observations? If so, please share them.
    I will start my next shave with a new blade; either a NOS Schick or a cut down Feather, I don't know which.
    I am looking forward to 2 more shaves with The Bunny before having to send it on. I leave for Hawaii on Monday, and The Bunny is not coming with me.

9. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

I personally find I get the the same from all my injectors using a Chick blade. 5 and done. I could get a couple more, but I feel it starting to go South on shave 6.

10. RyX

RyX DoH!

I used to keep a six sided die near any razor in my rotation. The thicker steel of an injector blade surpasses six shaves for me. Now I just enjoy until I feel the need to swap in a freshie.

Fumble fingers post via Kyocera / Tapatalk (subject to later editing)

11. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

I'm looking forward to Bunny Week. Anxious to compare with the General and hopefully the Hawk should it also arrive in time.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

RyX, Karl G, twhite and 1 other person like this.
  12. The Other Donald

This morning's shave was better than yesterday's. Wild comb, fresh blade (NOS Schick Chromium), Cremo shave cream, and Nivea post shave balm. Smooth as silk in just one pass.
    This is a truly superior razor. Can I compare it to The General? Yes I can, and favorably, and The Bunny wins, but not by much.
    If The General had an open comb and a slightly greater blade gap, the story would be different (because of the superior blade).
    The Feather AC Pro is sharper and longer lasting than any Schick type injector blade, but The Bunny still gives me a closer shave.
    So it must be the open comb and the greater blade gap, that makes the critical difference.
    Because The General is such a mild razor, I use a Feather AC Pro Super in it, but the Pro Super will not fit in Schick or Pal injectors,
    and (because of the blade holder design) wouldn't make the same kind of difference even if it did.
    I'm surprised that for all the recent interest in Safety Razors that use Feather AC Pro type blades, no one has yet built an open comb.
    To the best of my knowledge, the last SE open comb razor made was the Gem MMOC, which went out of production in 1947, 2 years before I was born.
    I would like to see someone of proven skill and talent (Tom White?) build an open comb SE razor that shaves like The Bunny and uses Feather AC blades.
    That would be The Cat's Pajamas.

Karl G, RyX and Robyflexx like this.
  13. RyX

RyX DoH!

I'm unfamiliar with this razor. Link or photo?

Karl G likes this.
  14. The Other Donald

colonialrazors.com
    Also google images: Colonial Razors The General (lots of pictures)

RyX and Karl G like this.
  15. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

You can cut a feather AC to size and inject it into a Bunny. Problem solved... :happy088:

Billyfergie and twhite like this.
  16. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

You beat me to it.

Billyfergie and Karl G like this.
  17. RyX

RyX DoH!

Very clean design. No bells, whistles, or flashing LEDs. Thanks for the tip!

Edit; Our @Darkbulb reviewed it earlier this year HERE.

Karl G likes this.
  18. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

The Bunny is off to it's next (and last stop?!) to @jmudrick

Ladies and germs, this is your last chance at the once-in-a-lifetime chance with the first limited, trial run of the Bunny, so step up now before it returns forever back down the rabbit hole.

Anyone interested who lives on the USA west side of the Mississippi River needs to private message me ASAP...once it hops down the hole he's gone forever! :sad024:

Billyfergie, BeShaved, MattCB and 4 others like this.
  19. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

She's here. Gonna be a great week.

[​IMG]

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Billyfergie, BeShaved, MattCB and 4 others like this.
  20. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

Enjoy Jeff!