The US West Coast Bunny Injector Pass-Around

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Rufus T., Feb 20, 2016.

1. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

First full shave with Bunny/Mild/Chick was mixed. Although I had a bit of a hard time with deciding how best to grip the handle the beard shave was superb. Deliciously close and smooth, no irritation. We're talking Baby Dolphin Butt Smooth (BDBS) . I'm wearing a goatee so can't speak to how it manages under the nose but it seems perfectly fine in terms of maneuverability and weight (and build quality is magnificent as everyone has noted).

I ran into problems with the head shave though, again struggling a bit with grip and the handle got sufficiently slippery to move where it wasn't meant to with a pretty mean cut resulting. This is the good Lord's way of telling me to be way more careful in keeping hands dry with the grooveless handle, which I shall do heretofore. Ultimately the head shave was not as close as yesterday's with the Hawk but still superb but for the one slip n bleed incident. Very much looking forward to the next outing

[​IMG]

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
    Billyfergie, Karl G, RyX and 2 others like this.
  2. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Nice write up! :signs154:

Billyfergie and Karl G like this.
  3. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

My observation today is that for the daily shaver this is really a two-pass razor. I easily could have skipped a shave this morning but that's talking crazy right? Went ahead and switched to the NotSo comb and was in DFS territory with one pass, near BBS in two. No irritation and BDBS after three. Fabulous. I put a condom on the handle for the head shave and it went much better than yesterday - - no blood. I cleaned up again with the Hawk, still finding it much easier going than the Bunny on the hard parts of the dome. Will go Wild on the beard tomorrow and perhaps make a blade change and see how she does with a Plus Plat. As an aside, I added Argan oil to my preshave and really like the stuff.
    [​IMG]

Billyfergie, mrchick, RyX and 3 others like this.
  4. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Wild Comb today for the beard. The only noticeable difference was in a bit of irritation under my chin after the third pass, the toughest area for me to get smooth. With only one day's growth I would stay with Mild or NotSo combs for sure. Again I have to observe just how smooth a shave is achieved in a single pass, just amazing. For rakin the noggin I messed around with a Clogpruf and prewar Tech just doing a little reality check, the result of which reaffirmed my preference for the injectors generally and Hawk in particular. Blade change tomorrow.

Karl G, mrchick, RyX and 2 others like this.
  5. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Blade and software change: NOS Plus Platinum, NotSo comb, and as an experiment completely dispensed with brush and soap, employing a home brew gel of aloe, argan, olive, castor, and hemp oils. I didn't notice any benefit or detriment in making the changes, certainly the Bunny had no problem at all delivering another great BBS shave.

Karl G, RyX, mrchick and 2 others like this.
  6. RyX

RyX DoH!

A condom on the handle? I see the black band.
    [​IMG]
    I am the proud possessor of my own Bunny. Having noticed the slippery nature of the well polished non-knurled handle in my lather everywhere style of shaving the thought of improving the grip has crosses my mind. There is a plastic dip used for hand tools, or sticky back traction tub floor products. Did you actually use a condom, and does it work well?

Fumble fingers post via Kyocera / Tapatalk (subject to later editing)

7. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

I used some kind of thick sticky tape I had lying around. It does the trick. It's not really necessary except on my head shave but I would prefer a handle with better grip.

Karl G, RyX, Robyflexx and 1 other person like this.
  8. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Three more shaves to go with Bunny. The face off with the just arrived PAL adjustable didn't get started right this AM due to an alignment problem with the PAL. Now that that's sorted will be ready for that comparison at the more aggressive settings on the PAL.

Karl G, RyX, twhite and 1 other person like this.
  9. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Great shave this morning with Bunny and the PAL Adjustable. PAL on the next to most aggressive setting, Bunny NotSo comb. I'm going to give Bunny the nod for the closer shave, a very small but discernable edge. I'm giving the PAL the edge for comfort/ease of use (handle grip and blade gap/exposure). I am getting more comfortable with the Bunny on the head shave and had no problems getting through it without a nick. Zero irritation with either razor. Tomorrow I'll set the PAL on H and see if it can match the Bunny.

RyX, Karl G and twhite like this.
  10. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

For my penultimate Bunny shave she went against a Feather equipped PAL Injectomatic (I had trouble loading the PAL Adjustable). I can't say yet which delivers the closer shave as they're both so stupid good and close shavers. I prefer the Bunny's feedback but it's hard to knock the smoothness of the PAL.

[​IMG]

twhite, RyX and Karl G like this.
  11. RyX

RyX DoH!

A testament to Tom's abilities. No telling how many on the crew at PAL to design and build their tool. Tom is our Tony Stark. He was able to build the Bunny with a bunch of scraps in a cave!
    Tony Stark Approved.jpg

Karl G, mrchick, twhite and 1 other person like this.
  12. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

@RyX Who told you where I work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Karl G, mrchick and RyX like this.
  13. RyX

RyX DoH!

Sorry Tom. Your secret is out.

14. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Bunny is on its way back to Tom. It's a great effort. Every day was a better shave with it. Gonna miss :sniff:

Karl G, RyX and twhite like this.
  15. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

RyX and Billyfergie like this.
  16. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

I think is needs to go back to @Rufus T

RyX, Karl G and Billyfergie like this.
  17. RyX

RyX DoH!

If Tom wants another one he issues orders to the Elves.
    How many hours does it take to produce one Bunny?
    [​IMG]

Tapatalk Via Kyocera

Karl G likes this.
  18. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

One,two,threeeeeee

RyX and Karl G like this.
  19. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Oops my bad. Sorry guys, Tom it'll be in your box tomorrow or day after. Sorry about that.

Karl G likes this.
  20. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

RyX and Karl G like this.