NOVember 2016 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by NCoxSTL, Oct 31, 2016.

?

What are your plans for NOVember

Poll closed Nov 30, 2016.
  1. No Variation baby! Gonna RULE this month!

16.7%
  2. No Variation on the razor/blade but I'll FOCUS around it!

10.0%
  3. Gonna do my own thing, thank you very much....because I CAN!

36.7%
  4. Shenanigans Palooza baby!

20.0%
  5. Forget this shaving thing....it's really NO SHAVE November, no matter what you say!

3.3%
  6. I'm more worried about getting in shape to make it to the table on Thanksgiving!

3.3%
  7. Cookies. Lots of cookies. SO MANY cookies!

36.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Count me in. I'll use my Feather AC on the 8th as it is the only razor to have left a permanent scar to date. I must show it that I'm not afraid. Plus I'm always up for a good dare.

Drygulch, wristwatchb, RyX and 4 others like this.
  2. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

I am in, a straight is just not enough so shavette for me.

3. mrchick

Another option. Using a straight razor, of course.
    [​IMG]

4. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Interesting that Arko doesn't like to be too warm. Wouldn't have considered that. So it's below freezing in South Korea - is that normal for this time of year? We have been unseasonably warm here in STL.

5. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

31 October Deviation warm up with menthol shave....or something

image.jpeg

No variation upcoming, decided to throw in a little autumn chill into the routine today. Voskhod is naturally perfect in the shavette configuration, and a great two pass was had by all. Looking forward to the new month!

Have a terrific Tuesday!
    :)

Drygulch, wristwatchb, RyX and 7 others like this.
  6. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

They'll send in the special police, to deliver us from Liberty, and keep us from peace.​

Drygulch, wristwatchb, RyX and 5 others like this.
  7. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

I was surprised by the Arko. It is unusually cold for this time of year. Our low should be in the 40s and high in the 50s. But I guess winter is almost here.

8. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

November 1, 2016
    Wolfman WR-01 Ti OC with Triad Ti
    Personna 74 (3)
    Simpson CH 2 Synthetic Badger
    Mystic Water Eucalyptus & Spearmint
    Witch Hazel
    Folsom & Co. Shambala
    Whipped Shea Butter

[​IMG]

The CH2 Synthetic whipped up the MW Eucalyptus & Spearmint soap into a rich slick lather. The scent of the soap reminds me of Wrigley Doublemint gum which brings a smile to my face. I will stick with this soap for at least this week and see how much is left. Sticking with my normal 3 pass shave and minimal touch ups ended in my normal near BBS. I finished off the shave with a splash of F&C Shambala. I hope everyone has a great Tuesday.

9. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Excellent photograph! :happy088:

10. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

Your Family Dollar has Israeli blades??? Mine has Vietnamese one and, no, they are not the same.

Drygulch, wristwatchb, RyX and 3 others like this.
  11. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

I will also join this months activity. Not to really focus on any one thing, but to use both boar and synthetic brushes for the month. I am also waiting on "Los Tres Amigos Dos Simpson Chubby 2 Synthetic LE", :happy108:this will fit in well with this months withdrawal from golf phase that happens this time of year. :)
    I will look for Personna 74 DE blades as the reviews seem outstanding. I may want to keep this new blade acquisition from my wife as she does not understand why I need the number of blades that I have purchased. :rolleyes: Sometimes I just don't understand her.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
  12. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Doug.

I am sure you'll like the CH2 Synthetic. I noticed a certain boar brush cleared customs yesterday. :D You should have a very good month focusing on brushes. I think the Personna 74 DE blades are a good blade to try. So far through 3 shaves they feel very much like a Feather. It will be interesting to see how many long each blade lasts.

13. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

IMG_4341.JPG

November 1 SOTD:

Stirling Synthetic Brush
    MWF
    Schick Type E3
    Stirling Unscented PSB
    Clubman Vanilla AS

First shave of the month, and I think I am going to spend some time on my Injectors to see what stays and what goes. First up was this E3. I hadn't used an Injector in a bit, and this razor in particular had caused a few issues the last couple of times I used it. Today,there were no issues. It was just a easy, great shave. I have just one spot under my chin that could be a little smoother, otherwise this would have been a two pass BBS. As it was, it was a true DFS. I used some Clubman Vanilla for a nice way to end this shave. I hope everyone has a great day!

14. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

This month I will primarily be using La Toja as my soap, I really want to use it up. I will also be using a couple of razors that I haven touched in probably 4+ months. The Schick Krona and my birth year Black Beauty. I will continue working through my blade stash and may revisit a blade or two that I didn't like early in my wetshaving adventures.

15. mrchick

This month I am going to focus on shaving angle. I primarily use straights and the correct angle makes the difference.
    SOTD
    Route 66 Rum Runner Soap
    B-400 Brush by Tom
    Henry Mueller Razor
    Lucky Tiger
    Fine American Blend AS
    Have fun![​IMG]

16. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Very nice setup Brian. What knot is in your B-400 by Tom? I forgot.

17. mrchick

Thanks Doug. It's a Tuxedo which I find to be a wonderful knot.

18. RyX

RyX DoH!

Kroger was another place I found them. Knowing I have a local source for decent DE blades has kept me from making my first 100 blade purchase. When I do it'll be Voskhod, or maybe Feather.
    russia_vs_japan_stereotypes.gif

19. John Ruschmeyer

Odd... I just assumed all the dollar stores had Vietnamese blades (Dorco?) while the supermarkets/pharmacies had Israeli ones (Personna).

Live and learn...

20. John Ruschmeyer

November 1, 2016- No Expectations

Razor: G3 Aristocrat Adjustable (4)
    Blade: GSB(2)
    Brush: VdH Boar
    Soap: VdH Luxury

I really don't know what to say for fear of jinxing myself. :)

Hard to argue, though, with good Silver Age hardware and a Russian blade.