Any motorcycle riders?

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by pvtbanks, May 12, 2016.

1. kent195

kent195 New Member

Had a '97 1400 intruder for lot of years. Solid bike.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

2. gregkw1

gregkw1 Well-Known Member

You know all you Riders are going to want one of these[​IMG]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Puma and CarlfromMO like this.
  3. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

Not since high school.

[​IMG]

4. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Nope. Not a real fan of the Plissoft type knots too. And the handle is way too long.

5. gregkw1

gregkw1 Well-Known Member

Have you ever used a handle that long. You might not like the look but the handle feels great. Never knock something till you try it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

6. markjnewcomb

markjnewcomb Well-Known Member

I'm not sure why proving that the odometer is incorrect would let you out of the fine. I'm not sure how it works there, but here in the States it would not make a bit of difference other than the judge may say "So, are you also admitting to having defective equipment?" At any rate, good luck.

7. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

Maybe that would explain why the cats there have no tails.

juicy flawless likes this.
  8. bscarpenter

bscarpenter Well-Known Member

9. bscarpenter

2012 Goldwing with 50k mi. I like to ride!
    600_171610762.jpg

wristwatchb likes this.
  10. markjnewcomb

Everybody loves the Beemers

Have you done this ride yet? I did it in 2007 on a GW.

11. bscarpenter

12. markjnewcomb

13. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I had been riding for over 35 years. My latest bike was a Suzuki Intruder 1400. Two years ago my brother died on a motorcycle 1/2 block away from his house, In a very quiet neighborhood. Nobody knows what caused the accident.
    I just couldn't ride anymore, so I gave the bike away. Maybe some day, I'll get the motorcycle bug again. But it won't be anywhere near here(Houston).
    Those New Harleys look nice, and my wife says for me to buy one, if I want one.

Billyfergie likes this.
  14. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

WP_20140822_005.jpg WP_20140822_011 (1).jpg Okay, so it has three wheels. After my last"incident". I swore my next bike would have reverse:)

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
    Terry and AlDm like this.
  15. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

The HOG 1.jpg Here's my baby. 2003 Harley Wide Glide. Looks good, runs good, and its paid for! On my way to a bike rally in Ocean Shores, Washington. Pacific Ocean in the background.

16. bscarpenter

I would love to ride PCH. Living in the southern tip of Florida and working, I think I would have to fly and ride.

clint64 likes this.
  17. markjnewcomb

Make a vacation of it and try this. I did it a few years ago.

clint64 likes this.
  18. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

I've been to the four corners and all 50 states. Not all on the Harley most with my Jeep. (and Sturgis too - on the bike, 1210 miles from my house - but who's counting)

markjnewcomb likes this.
  19. CliffDweller

CliffDweller Well-Known Member

You definitely should! I just moved from SoCal to NorCal and while I'm now further away from the PCH than I was (I formerly commuted to work on it), I'm stoked to ride on it up here because it is a bit more winding and dramatic. Give it a go for sure.

20. bscarpenter

I have a relative in Monterey. I'll probably fly out for a visit, rent a bike and ride. I've been down to the Big Sur area in a convertible and all it could think about was riding my bike out there. I have retired friends to do the National Parks, ride to Alaska, etc., but they are retired and I'm pretty far away from that.