Rockwell Owners Adjustable Razors Club (ROARC)

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by tuxxdk, Jun 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

Been using my Rockwell 6S R2 almost exclusively for the past few weeks now and paired with either a Voskhod or Vikings Sword it gives me a really pleasant day to day shave with 2 passes only.

A friend of mine who isn't obsessed with acquisition is really eyeballing the Rockwell, so it has something going for it self, that's for sure!

Now we're just awaiting @Omelmad for his purchase.. :D

PickledNorthern likes this.
  2. Str8 Shaver

Str8 Shaver Well-Known Member

Prep - Noxzema / Hot towel
    Pre shave - Proraso
    Razor – ‘The Rock’ (Rockwell 6S – #3)
    Blade – Permasharp
    Brush - 'The Archduke' (Brad Sears Archduke 26/50 2-Band Manchurian)
    Soap – Soap Smooth- Rose Cocoa
    Post - Witch Hazel, Jojoba oil.

HELL YEAH...The Soap Smooth provided a wonderful, protective lather, and ‘The Rock’/Permasharp combo provided a 2 pass BBS shave, with a 3rd simply for s**ts and giggles... colour me happy!

tuxxdk and PickledNorthern like this.
  3. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

I might just buy yours ;)

tuxxdk likes this.
  4. tuxxdk

Are you familiar with the movie "Two Thursdays in a Week"? Nope, neither am I, just like a sale of my Rockwell will never exist :D lol

Just kidding.

Str8 Shaver likes this.
  5. bscarpenter

bscarpenter Well-Known Member

Since the end of the OCtober focus, I've been using my Rockwell. Two passes per shave with the #4 plate. It is a very consistent shaver and maybe the best utilitarian shaver I've tried. I am contemplating trying out different plates, but think I will stick with the #4 and start trying different blades as the shaver is so consistent, I should be able to tell the difference in the blades. I have a big batch of unopened Wilkenson Swords and some Feathers to revisit. I've been using Gillette Silver Blues from Russia with good success.

6. tuxxdk

I couldn't fend off the occasional shower and shave no more today, so off to the Den I went. Sorry, no pic, use your imagination (for the shaving stuff!)

Had 2-3 days of stubble, couldn't quite remember, but it was longish - hence the R4 plate.

2016 Rockwell 6S (R4)
    Voskhod (3)
    RazoRock Plissoft "Bruce"
    WTG+XTG+ATG
    Phoenix & Beau "Solaris"
    Lime & Pepper bay rum
    It was aaaaaawesome! I was truly presentable (as a fellow like me ever can be) after 2 passes, but did the third anyways for a really nice BBS experience.

I've used this razor and blade for quite some time now and it's a very nice, stable and trustworthy combo for me. I go 6 shaves with no troubles and then in with a new one. No really noticeable degradation in performance. I guess I could go more, but since I use a dice to count my uses, it's easier to just pop in a new blade after 6 shaves.

Str8 Shaver and PickledNorthern like this.
  7. Omelmad

Haha damn it.. =P i'll buy it in sweden

tuxxdk likes this.
  8. Omelmad

You could use a second dice? =P

Just kidding, hey... 2 more months and i'll get the rockwell =P

9. Str8 Shaver

Pre shave - Proraso
    Blade – Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum (black)
    Brush - 'The Duke' (Duke 3 Best)
    Soap – Chiseled Face – Pine Tar
    Post - Witch Hazel, Jojoba oil.

Another fantastic shave with ‘The Rock’/7 O'Clock Super Platinum combo.. and 'The Duke' made light work of the Pine Tar soap, which provided a wonderful, protective lather.. Sweet!

10. tuxxdk

I only have one dice in the red color. One will have to suffice :)

[​IMG]

11. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

D&D die, maybe?

tuxxdk likes this.
  12. tuxxdk

I guess I could chase one down :)

13. Str8 Shaver

Pre shave - Proraso
    Blade – Permasharp
    Brush - 'Mama Chub' (Chubby 2 Two Band)
    Soap – Wholly Kaw – Fern Concerto (Tallow)
    Post - Witch Hazel, Trevarno Revitalising Face Oil

Wholly Kaw! Fern Concerto (Tallow) really does deliver the goods... I'll be getting more offerings from them in the very near future. ‘The Rock’/Permasharp combo was as reliable as ever. A lovely start to my weekend.

tuxxdk likes this.
  14. tuxxdk

How are you finding the Perma Compares to other blades, eg Voskhod, Astra and the likes?

15. Str8 Shaver

I find the Perma a very comfortable blade... sharp and smooth, but as with all blades YMMV... I've just purchased a 100, as I'm extremely happy with how they perform..

tuxxdk likes this.
  16. Str8 Shaver

Pre shave - Proraso
    Blade – Permasharp
    Brush - 'El Monstruo' (Romera Manchurian 30/50 Fan)
    Soap – Through the Fire Fine Craft – Brokkr

Ever noticed how a really good shave lifts your spirits? Well, ‘The Rock’/Permasharp combo delivered a wonderfully smooth BBS shave.. and I thought it was going to be a case of 'death by Brokkr', the way 'El Monstruo' whipped up an obscene amount of lather...Outstanding! Yeah, my spirits are lifted...

17. Str8 Shaver

Pre shave - Proraso
    Brush - 'Papa Chub' (Chubby 3 Manchurian)
    Soap – Sir Hare - Drunken Sailor

I don't really know a great deal about Sir Hare, but I do know it produces a BIG protective lather, and ‘The Rock’/7 O'Clock Super Platinum (black) combo is simply superb.. a wonderful start to my weekend..

tuxxdk likes this.
  18. Str8 Shaver

Pre shave - Proraso
    Brush - 'Jade' (Rooney Heritage 2XL Jade)
    Soap – Mickey Lee – The Drunken Goat

what a fantastic shave.. The Drunken Goat stepped upto the mark, and delivered a wonderful lather... ok, the lather is an odd brown colour, and the scent is unusual to say the least, but looking at the ingredients, it's no surprise.. but paired with ‘The Rock’ / 7 O'Clock Super Platinum combo, delivered a Baby Dolphin Smooth shave... lol.

19. sky pilot 83

sky pilot 83 Active Member

Hi everyone, i just got my rockwell 6S last night. Shaved on setting 1 and loved it even though it was a touch mild for me. Today i went to switch to setting 2 for tonight's shave and the 2/4 plate was really tight, had a hard time getting it to fit the cap then i tried taking it off and had to push hard on the post. Is that normal? And secondly, should i be concerned? I already emailed Rockwell. Jist wondering if anyone else had issues with the 2/4 plate being a super tight fit.

Sent from my Z936L using Tapatalk

20. nvpliers

nvpliers Member

Hi sky pilot 83. I did not experience the issue of an overly tight fit. It's good you emailed Rockwell. I am sure they'll make it right. I remember reading that they took care of those that purchased V1, by giving them the second version; so I would say that to replace a plate or top cap is well within their desire and ability. Good luck. Hopefully, it'll get resolved quickly.

Str8 Shaver likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.