The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Okay @ezlovan, I will ask one. Will there ever be another run of Curveball? Of all the SDM, Executive Man, Green type scents, that one was my favorite. I am kind of hoarding what's left of my aftershave.... I wish I would have bought a puck of the soap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
    ezlovan and crackstar like this.
  2. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

I found the first Stirling product that I don't like: Coniferous AS. Smelled good in the bottle, turned rank as soon as it hit my face. Not sure if it's personal chemistry or what, but I won't try that particular experiment again...

3. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

Feel free to pif it to me! Lol
    Seriously though, if you find ANY Stirling that doesn't agree with you, we can work out a trade

crackstar and ezlovan like this.
  4. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

I actually GOT it from you! It's a sample size, and I set it aside figuring I'd put it in a pass-around or add it in as a small bonus if I work a trade or something.

5. Straight razor dandy

Lol! I remember. I completely forgot. I enjoy the scent, but it is strong.

ezlovan and crackstar like this.
  6. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

I haven't really enjoyed any of the Pine scents. Ozark Mountains was a miss for me too. Nothing wrong with that, plenty of other Stirling scents I love.

7. PickledNorthern

I love Ozark Mountain shave and body soap. The splash is a little too much for me. Gin and Tonic is an awesome scent for me. I put a ton of menthol crystals in mine. It is one that I will definitely restock before I run out.

crackstar and ezlovan like this.
  8. ohbrian

ohbrian Well-Known Member

Ozark mountain will stay with you all day, I like it.

9. PickledNorthern

Here are my favorite cool/cold weather Stirling AS scents:

[​IMG]

10. ezlovan

ezlovan Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    Nice! You have all three aftershave iterations!

As for the Curveball, I might try it again later on down the road. Both of the previous times I made it though I ended up having to put it on sale to get it to move. As someone who was in high school during the mid 90s, I love that scent. It was the stuff back then.

11. PickledNorthern

Meh... Doesn't sound like it was a winner. Might have been if SDM and Executive Man hadn't been such home runs.

I will just lock what's left of my bottle up in the gun safe, and break it out on special occasions.

crackstar and Robyflexx like this.
  12. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I am really enjoying the Orange Chill soap from Stirling. Very nice, pleasing scent and enough menthol for a satisfying chill. The performance is FAR better than previous Stirling soaps I've used in the past.
    I'll probably look into the Lemon Chill at some time in the future. Too many quality soaps out there from various makers to simply hop on a single bandwagon.
    SafariScreenSnapz1031.jpg

brit, crackstar, som and 4 others like this.
  13. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I froze my face off with the Glacial MITA soap and had so much fun doing it!

Paul Turner and PickledNorthern like this.
  14. LOOT

LOOT Well-Known Member

I'm pretty much Stirling exclusive. I use their body soap too. I get the shave combo in any scent I try now (soap, aftershave, balm). At first I was reluctant to spend $13 on the aftershave but I'm glad I did. It should last through 3 or 4 tubs of soap. I'm hoping anyway.

I love the Bay Rum soap and balm. So I ordered the aftershave. OMG did it burn like a mudda. I though maybe it needed to be shaken. Next shave I shook it. Still a burn that was danged near painful. For an extended amount of time. I e-mailed Rod about my issue. Within the hour he responded "cinnamon oil" and told me the other splashes to stay away from. He apologized even though it wasn't his fault.

Customer service is top notch, even exceeding their product quality which I find quite impressive. Excellent return on investment. IMO.

Anyway...if anyone wants to try the Bay Rum splash, shoot me a PM and I'll PIF it. I may even throw in the balm because I likely won't use it.

*Bay Rum is spoken for.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
    crackstar and PickledNorthern like this.
  15. PickledNorthern

I hear that. I have quite a few other soaps too, and am always trying out new and different ones, but my problem is that every time Rod comes out with a new scent I have to at least try a sample. And when I am ordering samples, I might as well order full sizes of the scents I enjoyed from last time I sampled.... Oh, and I am running out of bath soap. Better throw in a full size of that AS I liked so much....

It has kind of snowballed on me over the last couple of years, and now I could probably shave well into the 2020's just using Stirling.

It may be the beginnings of a problem.....

crackstar likes this.
  16. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

I got their vetiver witch hazel and love it.

Lol if any body wants to trade a stirling soap they didn't quite enjoy the scent... let me know I only have a few samples of another brand and a tub of another brand that I've been trying to trade off . :) I'm hoping and crossing my fingers..

crackstar and PickledNorthern like this.
  17. PickledNorthern

My son has a bottle of MITA Witch Hazel, and swears by it. I haven't ever tried it, but someday.

18. Straight razor dandy

Mita is easily one of my favorites. I own the bath soap, 2 shave soaps, and the as splash

19. PickledNorthern

Me too!

[​IMG]

brit, crackstar, Metro and 1 other person like this.
  20. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

I have to admit, I love the burn that comes with Stirling's Bay Rum AS. Some mornings, it is just what I need to wake up. None of my other AS burn like it.