The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

My goal is to finish my first Stirling AS by year's end. Even better, by mid-December, so I can be well underway with my next one by the time they drop the ball at Times Square.

PickledNorthern likes this.
  2. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

My favorite Stirling soap is glacial lemon chill and using it on a hot summer morning. It's like dunking your face in an Italian ice! Great stuff!

I'm using the bay rum soap now and love the scent. Barbershop soap is up next.

It might be time to order a couple more pucks, but so many choices!

3. Paul Turner

Thanks for the tip on Glacial LC ...I'll be getting that one next summer.

PickledNorthern and Jim99 like this.
  4. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

Did you ever get the margaritas in the Arctic?

5. Paul Turner

No-haven't tried that one.

6. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

You all need to beg Rod to bring back a run of Lemony Orange in glacial. I am telling you, it is the absolute best blend of Lemon and Orange chill. You still get the lemon, but the orange does a little bit better job of masking out the menthol. It is FAR and away my favorite mentholated soap.

It was a non mentholated scent that ended up dropped when all the mentholated citrus scents got so popular. It was probably my favorite citrus of all time. A very limited run batch was made last year, I think for trials mainly, and it is fantastic. I

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
    brit, Matt0210, Jim99 and 4 others like this.
  7. ohbrian

ohbrian Well-Known Member

I'd be all over that one.

clint64 and Robyflexx like this.
  8. PickledNorthern

We should do a "sign up" list of sorts. I don't know how many tubs are in a batch of soap, but I bet we could come up with enough interest to get Rod to run one. I know that glacial Margaritas in the Arctic was a request last year, and it sold out super fast. It will be interesting to see if it comes back again next summer.

9. PickledNorthern

LEMONY ORANGE GROUP BUY/REQUEST SIGN UP.

Just give an I'm interested, and I will add your name to the list. No commitment at this point, since it doesn't even exist yet, just gauging interest. I am sure Rod will see it.

1.) PickledNorthern
    2.) ohbrian
    3.) Robyflexx
    4.) dustmite
    5.) Jim99
    6.) Matt0210

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
  10. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

What are you waiting for Jared?! Sign me up! :happy036:

11. LOOT

LOOT Well-Known Member

I am jealous. I must be menthol intolerant too. I tried the Glacial Spearmint. While I loved the scent, my eyes watered like crazy. Distractingly so. None for me :(

12. ohbrian

ohbrian Well-Known Member

The orange chill that I have is nice and cold but nowhere close to making my eyes water. It is labeled "menthol" not glacial though.

13. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

When do your eyes water? When you have a weeper, or on the first pass, or what?

14. PickledNorthern

I love it when my eyes water and my nose runs. That's how I know I got a good face freeze.

DesertTime likes this.
  15. LOOT

LOOT Well-Known Member

From the time the soap hits my face until it's all rinsed away. It's how I would imagine Vick's under your eye lids would feel. Haha.

It occurs to me, as I type, what a girly man I must be. Cinnamon burns my delicate skin and menthol makes me cry. Pfft.

Straight razor dandy likes this.
  16. PickledNorthern

The Glacials are a whole league above the Chill or Iced soaps. I like having some of the milder soaps though, because I don't always want a total freeze. If I really want cold, I just add M Bomb to my "Chill" soaps.

17. banks741938

banks741938 Well-Known Member

Ive only got one sample of Piacenza and i really like it. I do have some questions for you Stirling experts though:

How is Gatlinburg? The scent profile really intreges me. I think i would like it a lot.

Im also a noob to menthol soaps. I just recently purchased Dr Jons Arctic Hydra. I thought that the menthol was nice. I could feel the cold but not really overpowering. Those of you have tired the Arctic hydra how does the menthol level compare to the striling levels. I i understanding that the chill soaps are mild and glacial soaps are heavy menthol? Also where does marg in the arctic fall? I think id like to try a strong menthol soap..

Thanks!!

18. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    :smiley respect: Might as well bow at the Shrine...

19. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    I am interested in the Gentleman line. :signs002:

Paul Turner and PickledNorthern like this.
  20. PickledNorthern

Gatlinburg was a miss for me. I only sampled the AS, and didn't care much for it, so I never bought the soap. Strike 1.

I haven't tried Hydra so I can't help much there. Strike 2.

Margaritas in the Arctic is a "chill or iced" soap. There was a limited run of it in the glacials last year and it sold out quickly, so maybe we will see it again next summer.

If you like the menthol sensation, and know you want more, you will likely enjoy a Glacial. If you think you are on the fence, get a sample.

The chill soaps are just fine too, because you can always buy M Bomb and make them as cold as you want. I have about half and half, chilled to glacial.