Zenith Boar Brush

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by DaltonGang, Aug 27, 2016.

1. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I've been using one for about three months, regularly, and it's blossomed from a very good brush, to an excellent brush.
    Very minimal hair loss, progressed to almost no hair loss.
    The beginning softness has turned ultra soft. Much softer than a couple of Semogue boars, I've had much much longer.
    It lather like a champ, with just the right splay.
    No negatives to date.

Keithmax, clint64 and RyX like this.
  2. RyX

RyX DoH!

Spiderman-Camera.jpg
    Photos man! How can we get all enabled up without visual enticement?

3. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Which model did you get. I have the B02 and love the brush.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. DaltonGang

5. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
  6. DaltonGang

I will try to find out the model.
    But, I believe it's the B16. Wonderful brush.

clint64 likes this.
  7. DaltonGang

Update: the brush is holding up very well, and has turned into one of my favorites. It's softer than any of the Semogue Boars that I use.

8. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

9. DaltonGang

It's the B16. 24 mm knot, and around 57mm loft. Soft, with enough backbone for my face lathering.

SpeedyPC likes this.
  10. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

Thank you @DaltonGang and why choose a Zenith boar brush instead of Omega and Semogue boar, what makes this brush perform better while you face lather does the Zenith boar makes a huge difference.

11. DaltonGang

Someone posted about Zenith boars, and their aluminum handles. They were inexpensive and I tried one. I figured if the knot wasn't good, I could put another one in. Come to find out I liked it a lot.

This Zenith Boar lathers as well as my Semogues, I don't have Omegas, but it is softer. It was soft from the start, and my Semogues are a couple of years old.

GatorJoe and RyX like this.
  12. DaltonGang

Update.
    I've been using my Zenith Boar brush, for around 9 months, regularly. It is one of the softest, best lathering and one of my favorites. Until recently.
    Lately it's been shedding more and more. Last night, I counted 18 hairs shedded. Unacceptable!!!!
    Now, a couple of weeks ago I put a Whipped Dog 24mm boar in a brush, and it's a great knot. It's time I reknot the Zenith, it's just too aggravating, having to deal with the shedding.
    Anyone else having issues?

Keithmax likes this.
  13. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    Yep, time for a reknot. :signs131:

14. DaltonGang

I know, but it's still depressing. That is awry nice feeling brush. I had a Burma Shave brush that I liked a lot, until a chunk came out the middle. I wish that some of the Chinese makers would use better glue, because the bristles feel great.

15. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    I am thinking that too much soaking of a brush may lead to bristle loss. I find that just wetting the brush instead of soaking it yields fine results for me. I am a face latherer, and I just wet the knot, shake it off, and begin loading it. People who soak their brush while they are showering may be doing themselves a disservice in the long run. I may be wrong, but I don't see the point.

DaltonGang likes this.
  16. DaltonGang

Hmmm, food for thought.

17. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

It might, but it sure as hell shouldn't.

DaltonGang likes this.
  18. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I find one bristle very week but nothing massive. I do soak mine in warm but not hot water. However I make sure that I am not soaking the glue bump which is pretty tall on my brush. Like you I've been pleased with the brush and would prefer it not shedding at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaltonGang likes this.
  19. DaltonGang

I soak mine in warm water too. maybe 5-10 minutes. It shouldn't fall apart, because I have other brushes I've used the same way. I had a Burma Shave brush fall apart too.

PickledNorthern and clint64 like this.
  20. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I agree.

PickledNorthern and DaltonGang like this.