Disposing of used double edged safety razor blades

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Dark Vapor, Oct 14, 2013.

1. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

When the container is full, I bury mine about 8" down in a remote corner of the yard. The ultimate in returning to the earth which also cuts out the middlemen.

Hembree, BamaT and SpeedyPC like this.
  2. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

We recycle everything here. Our county is big on it and they make it very easy to recycle. As long as you sort the items ie plastic from metal from paper et cetera.

BamaT, Demidog and dangermouse like this.
  3. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

Some day (1000 years from now) an archaeologist is going to uncover your spent blades and come up with a theory about some religious cult performing a strange ceremony.

Zykris, BamaT, gorgo2 and 2 others like this.
  4. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Our township makes it even easier - no need to sort. Just put it all in the township-provided recycle can, set the can on the curb for Monday morning pickup.

BamaT and dangermouse like this.
  5. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

No curb side service here. We live so far out in the woods even the post office won't deliver the mail. We take everything to a central recycle facility where they have all the different bins set out. No charge for recycling.

BamaT and dangermouse like this.
  6. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

And whose to say he'll be wrong?

7. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

I didn't realize they could go there? I will have to inquire as it seems such a waste at the land fill.

dangermouse likes this.
  8. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

@preidy FYI I'm told by the council they can recycle DE blades as long it goes into a metal tin can, as long as you write a warning on the tin can saying disposable used DE blades that way it will not harm or any danger to council workers. And they told me the tin can with disposable DE blades will get crush up and recycle easy peasy.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
    Demidog and preidy like this.
  9. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

Great thanks for the info. I have a can just about ready to go and just hated the thought of wasting the blades to the dirt.

Demidog likes this.
  10. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

I use an empty matchbox. When it is full I wrap it in tape and toss it in the garbage. Simple and easy.

11. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

That's why I keep them in a steel tin.

dangermouse likes this.
  12. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

I'm close to filling my Altoid tin, about 3 years worth of blades. I do plan on recycling.

Sara-s, dangermouse and Demidog like this.
  13. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Actually laughed out loud at this!

dangermouse likes this.
  14. Brad1983

Brad1983 Member

I just started shaving with a de I have one of these

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
    wristwatchb and BamaT like this.
  15. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

That ought to last for a few years.

BamaT likes this.
  16. Brad1983

Brad1983 Member

Definitely, and when it’s full I’ll just take it to the pharmacy for disposal

wristwatchb and Demidog like this.
  17. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

Yup works like a charm. Holds 100's of blades. You can even decorate it...

18. Brad1983

Brad1983 Member

Or I found this one at Sally Beauty Supply

Attached Files:

wristwatchb and Jayaruh like this.
  19. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

I took a plastic container containing several years of used DE and SE blades to a local pharmacy that accepts used sharps. It is acceptable in my community to place sharps in a sturdy plastic container, tape it shut, affix a label, and put it in the trash, but I really don't like doing this.

Now that I've found an outlet to accept used blades, I'm filling a large prescription pill container. Pharmacists will give you these containers if you ask them. When it's full, I'll drop it off at the pharmacy.

20. Brad1983

Brad1983 Member

Yeah that works I was going by a website I’m not knowledgeable on that but if a blade has dead skin and blood, I would think it is a a Biohazard. It is better to be responsible and safe rather then wreak less and possibly have the garbage person or family member getting injured from a loose blade.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
    wristwatchb likes this.