Soap rotation

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Medicdad417, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

I rotate soap monthly.

Eeyore likes this.
  2. molon_labe

molon_labe Member

Having too many to choose from was giving me anxiety so I sold off a bunch haha. I was also very hit or miss on which scents irritate my face to the point of being uncomfortable or not, and getting sick of buying samples to try I've recently been working my way through a few unscented soaps to figure out which one gives me the best performance instead of focusing on the scent. Right now my two favorites are Stirling Naked & Smooth and Mike's Unscented, with a slight nod to Stirling for the added protection. I also find that my skin gets along quite well with most of Stirling's EO line of soaps, so I'm currently enjoying Ben Franklin, Bay Rum (surprsingly doesn't burn), and Gin & Tonic. I try to rotate days between using unscented vs. scented soaps. It's a lot easier to pick a soap when your options are limited.

3. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Usually what I pick out before making the photo the day before (when I make a daily photo). Right now it is simply on a whim since my focus is on SE razors for the month of SEptember.

4. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

That's actually a good idea!

5. Jasio78

Jasio78 Well-Known Member

My shaving set up is routine now. I have, after a year of trying, settled into one razor and one blade type. It works wonderful for me. As much as I have tried a few other razors and blades, I just can't do it. So as a result I love my soaps. Those and my aftershaves are the things I get to rotate, mix up, and use what I want.

I tend to use my Sunday shave to pick a soap for the week. I have maybe about 10. Whatever I fancy at the time gets picked. I might rotate only two soaps for a month or so, then they go away maybe for a couple of months. So it's whatever I fancy at the time. But I'm then stuck with it for the week.

6. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

I have some 30 plus soaps - setting up a schedule is too hard and not imaginative. Life is too short to confine yourself to a schedule - pick the one that speaks to you on that given day. Be free! Live!

Straight razor dandy likes this.
  7. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

I have too many soaps. I need to trim down. I just choose whatever I feel like

8. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

I just keep rotation 17 each soap for every shave and believe if fun smelling different soap all the time for each shave, it keeps me busy and happy.

9. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

What schedule? Are your soaps stacked? Just work down one stack, start another.

10. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

I have (keep) 7 soaps and rotate them on a daily basis. I replace a soap (or get a new one) only after I've polished off one from the rotation. This way I avoid accumulating a bunch of soaps, a problem I currently have with my vintage razors.

11. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

No soaps yet, but I am following the Route 66 thread. I will probably make a purchase after a while. For the creams I have I follow what @Norseman does.

12. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

Most of them are stacked. But I restack them with every shave. I pull soaps from different stacks, top, bottom, from the middle, et cetera. If I had total control over the bathroom - I would not stack the soaps - I would have them all over the counter so I could see them all.

RetLEO-07 likes this.
  13. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Nice!

14. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

how is that masked man(Norseman)?

15. nav

nav Well-Known Member

I have 70 in rotation.
    What I do is set them up in 12 stacks.

I use a soap from a stack then it goes to the bottom of the same stack.

The next day, I take a soap from the next stack and third day, the next stack and so on.

So after 12 days, I arrive back at stack 1.

I do it this way because there are soaps I like more than others and earlier found I was using the same few too often and neglecting other, very good, soaps which deserve to be used.