Barbedeaux Aftershave

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by DentonMajik, Jan 7, 2017.

1. DentonMajik

DentonMajik Well-Known Member

Anybody ever tried the aftershave made by Barbedeaux? I just read the description and ingredients and it looks like it would be really good.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

2. RyX

RyX DoH!

Must be a new product. I see much #hashtag guerilla marketing, but not many reviews. Their website description suggests that it's good for razor bumps. The inclusion of Nsaids (non steroidal anti-inflammatory = aspirin or similar OTC meds) makes sense as it should reduce swelling if applied topically.

brit and DentonMajik like this.
  3. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

My guess is that the asprin (aceto-salycylic acid) is more for counteracting potential ingrown hairs than potential swelling. It's a common ingredient for that purpose.

brit, DentonMajik and RyX like this.
  4. BBSDEShaver

BBSDEShaver New Member

Barbedeaux is the "Buckley’s cough syrup" of aftershaves – it smells like vodka but it works like a dream. I’ve been using Barbedeaux alternating days for the past three months. For 30-40 seconds the stink is overwhelmingly foul, but the dry down is quick and the end result is excellent. If there is something better on the market at this price range I’d really like to know what it is … highly recommended!

RyX and brit like this.
  5. brit

brit in a box

will give it a look..

6. RyX

RyX DoH!

Horrible stuff, he loves it! Thanks for the review @BBSDEShaver.

If you've got a few moments, pass by The Welcome Center and make your introduction? Folks might like to know a little more about your Shave Journey.

7. cliffb599

cliffb599 Well-Known Member

Just got a bottle of it. Will give a Go I have heard good things about this Aftershave.